Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-20-2010, 8:16 PM Reply   
Hey guys need your help. We loaded up the boat the other day on my buddies 04' DD/Bu with the gps/pp is surging back and forth and wont hold the speed. We normally set the PP at 20 mph and it was surging from 17.5 - 22.5 mph?? Stock ballast/wedge/+ 750 xtra/6 people/3-blade. How do we set or adjust the PP?? Since my boat doesnt have PP Im not familiar on how to adjust it..and some direction or help would be great. Thanks. Jet
Attached Images

Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-21-2010, 2:46 AM Reply   
was the water really choppy? ive noticed a couple times in a few different boats that the speed will jump around when the water is really choppy, not sure why it does this, or if that was in fact the reason it jumped around, has it done this to you before? or was this the first time?

Last edited by aces6692; 08-21-2010 at 2:47 AM. Reason: spelling
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-21-2010, 7:36 AM Reply   
Sounds like the tensioner spring is loose. Or the motor that drives PP throttle- That's a lot of fluctuation so I'm betting it's not settings- it's mechanical. Check the spring and make sure the motor and rope that pulls the throttle cable are tight!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-21-2010, 8:07 AM Reply   
http://www.centurioncrew.com/Perfect...ngs-t3425.html here you go some good info in this thread
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-21-2010, 9:46 AM Reply   
No it wasnt choppy just a little heavy.
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-22-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
You probably need to adjust the settings on your perfect pass to account for running heavier than you normally due if this is the case. Someone on hear should be able to walk you through the process. I had the same problem when I first started adding a lot of weight but once I adjust my PP settings it's all good. You could probably to a search and find out the info you need on how to adjust your settings.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-22-2010, 6:02 PM Reply   
Andrew, you need to adjust the KdW settings the more weight you load up. I'm still trying to find out what my best setting is but so far I have it between 170-175. The factory setting is 80. If your friend has the manual to his PP, it should tell you the steps to adjust the kdw settings. If he doesn't have it, let me know and I can post them up.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-22-2010, 7:38 PM Reply   
I'm betting it's mechanical. But one question...is this PP stargazer or just a gps speed reading? If it's stargazer it's more than likely mechanical bc I don't think they even have kdw and whatnot. If it's normal PP then it's def the kdw or NN factors. Sounds right with the added weight. I just don't know which one one u have.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-22-2010, 8:00 PM Reply   
Can't edit that one on my phone but I thought about it. Stargazer looks completely different. I have a 03 Malibu response lx that we always put more than 2500# in it plus the wedge and about 4 people. I have the acme 911 prop which helps but you definitely need to change your setting in a dd Malibu with weight. On mine the kdw is at 80 I think and NN is at 120. If you don't have the same prop as me raise your kdw more.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-23-2010, 7:47 AM Reply   
I have the Stargazer and the display is the same as Andrew showed above, and it does have the KdW setting, but no NN.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       08-23-2010, 8:16 AM Reply   
Yeah, NN is the paddle wheel filter settings.
Old     (AndersonMC)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-23-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
Up your KDW settings, factory settings usually don't account for a lot of ballast. I had the same problem but as soon as I increased it was great.