Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-28-2014, 10:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Somewhere in San Diego there's a long haired middle aged man in his basement watching a fifteen year old vhs tape of the Rams glory days.
haha. poor dave!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-28-2014, 11:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShredSAN View Post
Ha I guess you already forgot the 30 points and a loss we put on you at your house back in October. Here's a refresher for you. Dez making sherman his b***h!
Hahaha. Oh now, that makes this so much more fun. See? Even though my Niners are out, I can still have fun. At this point, I'm not so much about rooting against the hawks as I am rooting against a classless asshat named Dick Sherman... Can't stand that guy...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-29-2014, 4:15 AM Reply   
Dez likes Sherman. He said Sherman is easier to "get things over on" than his grandmother.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-29-2014, 7:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShredSAN View Post
Ha I guess you already forgot the 30 points and a loss we put on you at your house back in October. Here's a refresher for you. Dez making sherman his b***h!
Just looked at this pic again. Sherman in a prone position, pink cleats and all. That's gotta hurt if you're a Seattle fan...
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-29-2014, 9:01 AM Reply   
Remind me again who is a Super Bowl Champion between Dez and Sherman?
Remind me again who graduated from Stanford and who left college because of misconduct?
Remind me again who got arrested for hitting his own mother?
Remind me again who is a 2x All Pro and who isn't?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-29-2014, 9:30 AM Reply   
True. Dick Sherman is enough of a reason to hate the Seahawks. Asshat numero uno.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-29-2014, 10:12 AM Reply   
Hang onto pictures like that one Bobby. They'll be as close as you get a Super Bowl...

You'll always have week six of the 2014 season to look back upon.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-29-2014, 11:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Just looked at this pic again. Sherman in a prone position, pink cleats and all. That's gotta hurt if you're a Seattle fan...
not as bad as this
Attached Images

Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-29-2014, 1:25 PM Reply   
Nope!

LOB on patrol...
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-29-2014, 5:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
not as bad as this
LOL. Good one.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-29-2014, 5:35 PM Reply   
Only a one game suspension for Suh. Unbelievable...
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-29-2014, 5:52 PM Reply   
For you NIner fans,

I wouldn't be feeling so bummed right now if I was you. Hawks fans have way more to worry about than you. Both Cable and Quinn are options for the vacancy right now. Not good for Hawks fans right now at all... What's even worse is the fact that because we have a bye this coming week San Fran could actually ink a deal and snatch one of them up prior to our playoff game and it would be totally within the rules to do it.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-29-2014, 5:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hang onto pictures like that one Bobby. They'll be as close as you get a Super Bowl...

You'll always have week six of the 2014 season to look back upon.
Yes Cliff week 6 is a fond memory. If Seattle makes it to the championship game you will have a worse nightmare than week 6. Cowboys will have no mercy this time. I expect the Cowboys to win by 14 points or more over the "so called" LOB. The last 4 games they faced Mark Sanchez (who Dallas knocked out the playoffs) Kap (had a terrible year) Lindley (3rd string QB) Shaun Hill (2nd string QB). I'm really impressed at how they held these future HOF QB'S to so few points. Now I know you're not impressed that Dallas has averaged 41.25 points their last 4 games compared to Seattle's 24 points per game. Let's compare common opponents in those 4 games. Philadelphia- Seattle scored 24 points Dallas 38. Forty Niners -Seattle scored 19 and 17 points Dallas 17 points. Arizona - Seattle scored 19 points against Arizona's 2nd stringer Stanton and 35 against the 3rd stringer Lindley Dallas scored 17 with their 2nd string QB Weeden.The Rams - Seattle scored 26 points in their loss and 20 points in their win.Dallas scored 34 points in their win over the Rams. Then theirs Dallas vs Seattle Dallas 30 Seattle 23 at Seattle's house with the 12th man present. Seattle has averaged 24.62 point a game all season compared to Dallas who has averaged 31.50 points a game all season.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-29-2014, 6:51 PM Reply   
4 catches for 63 yards and 0 touchdowns. Yeah Dez had a banner day against the LOB.

Our defense is better this year than it was last and they're currently on fire! Remeber what this defense did to the greatest offense of all time last year in the Super Bowl?

But hey I'm getting way ahead of myself here. Romos going to have to actually win a playoff game first, oh wait no its two. You know something he's never done in 12 years!!!!
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-29-2014, 6:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Yes Cliff week 6 is a fond memory. If Seattle makes it to the championship game you will have a worse nightmare than week 6. Cowboys will have no mercy this time. I expect the Cowboys to win by 14 points or more over the "so called" LOB. The last 4 games they faced Mark Sanchez (who Dallas knocked out the playoffs) Kap (had a terrible year) Lindley (3rd string QB) Shaun Hill (2nd string QB). I'm really impressed at how they held these future HOF QB'S to so few points. Now I know you're not impressed that Dallas has averaged 41.25 points their last 4 games compared to Seattle's 24 points per game. Let's compare common opponents in those 4 games. Philadelphia- Seattle scored 24 points Dallas 38. Forty Niners -Seattle scored 19 and 17 points Dallas 17 points. Arizona - Seattle scored 19 points against Arizona's 2nd stringer Stanton and 35 against the 3rd stringer Lindley Dallas scored 17 with their 2nd string QB Weeden.The Rams - Seattle scored 26 points in their loss and 20 points in their win.Dallas scored 34 points in their win over the Rams. Then theirs Dallas vs Seattle Dallas 30 Seattle 23 at Seattle's house with the 12th man present. Seattle has averaged 24.62 point a game all season compared to Dallas who has averaged 31.50 points a game all season.
Romo with his QBR, all those stats, and Dallas is still playing wildcard weekend while the Hawks have a bye and home field.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-29-2014, 7:58 PM Reply   
Romo 12-4 Wilson 12-4. Head to head this year Romo 1-0 Wilson 0-1.Seahawks benefited from playing second and third string QB's.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-29-2014, 8:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
4 catches for 63 yards and 0 touchdowns. Yeah Dez had a banner day against the LOB.

Our defense is better this year than it was last and they're currently on fire! Remeber what this defense did to the greatest offense of all time last year in the Super Bowl?

But hey I'm getting way ahead of myself here. Romos going to have to actually win a playoff game first, oh wait no its two. You know something he's never done in 12 years!!!!
Oh you can reference the past if you're a Seattle fan? Just keep changing the rules. We aren't afraid of no Seahawks or 12 boys.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-29-2014, 8:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
For you NIner fans,

I wouldn't be feeling so bummed right now if I was you. Hawks fans have way more to worry about than you. Both Cable and Quinn are options for the vacancy right now. Not good for Hawks fans right now at all... What's even worse is the fact that because we have a bye this coming week San Fran could actually ink a deal and snatch one of them up prior to our playoff game and it would be totally within the rules to do it.
There's still the Rooney Rule...
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-29-2014, 10:16 PM Reply   
I like the idea of Quinn for the 49ers HC. Quinn plus a good OC. An OC that will give KAP attitude and confidence and let him play to his strengths (as Seattle does with Russel Wilson).
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-29-2014, 10:25 PM Reply   
^^^ agreed.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-29-2014, 10:36 PM Reply   
It really does seem like Seattle is a well coached team (minus the stupid dead-ball penalties). Both offense and defense use their players smart and exploit every avenue to gain an advantage. Russel is rolling often. The defense is always pushing the limits of the rules which gives them an advantage in the playoffs where the refs always become less flag happy. And, you never see players standing around watching a play end (as we have seen with the 49ers). Quinn would bring this understanding and take away from Seattle at the same time. Sounds perfect to me.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-29-2014, 10:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Oh you can reference the past if you're a Seattle fan? Just keep changing the rules. We aren't afraid of no Seahawks or 12 boys.
Get used to it, Robert. We've all called them out on their double standards when it comes to history. They're all confirmed hypocrites. Even they know it. It's not even worthy of comment any more since it's so blatant and obvious. Let your team do the talking in the playoffs.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-29-2014, 10:52 PM Reply   
"Seahawks #1 Fan" loves talking about week 6 but what about weeks 1, 8, 9, & 13? Truth is all Bobby can hang his hat on is a week 6 victory over the Champs. The Champs lost to the Colts, Cards, and 49ers last year, but how did they do in the post season again? The post season is totally different than the regular season, Bobby, but you and the Cowboys have probably forgot about that. How many playoff games has Dallas won in the last 20 years? One?

Harbaugh looks to be the highest paid coach now? For what? I thought this was like Top Gun, "no points for second place"?

Also, Suh being suspended for a game is ridiculous. 10 years ago no one would have cared about a poor little QB getting his foot stepped on.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-29-2014, 10:54 PM Reply   
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-29-2014, 10:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Get used to it, Robert. We've all called them out on their double standards when it comes to history. They're all confirmed hypocrites. Even they know it. It's not even worthy of comment any more since it's so blatant and obvious. Let your team do the talking in the playoffs.
Mark, your team didn't do much talking in the playoffs, more like walking...HOME!! DON'T YOU EVER TALK ABOUT THE BEST!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-30-2014, 5:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
"Seahawks #1 Fan" loves talking about week 6 but what about weeks 1, 8, 9, & 13? Truth is all Bobby can hang his hat on is a week 6 victory over the Champs. The Champs lost to the Colts, Cards, and 49ers last year, but how did they do in the post season again? The post season is totally different than the regular season, Bobby, but you and the Cowboys have probably forgot about that. How many playoff games has Dallas won in the last 20 years? One?

Harbaugh looks to be the highest paid coach now? For what? I thought this was like Top Gun, "no points for second place"?

Also, Suh being suspended for a game is ridiculous. 10 years ago no one would have cared about a poor little QB getting his foot stepped on.
The Champs lost as many games with their starting QB as the Cowboys did with their QB injured and their second string QB. You haven't heard me,so let me tell you one more time. You're in the tunnel with blinders on. There's a train coming and it's picking up speed. You better start running now because the Cowboys "bandwagon" is almost full. You guys are going to be devastated.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-30-2014, 6:08 AM Reply   
Dallas December quick stats Romo 82.3 QBR, Romo 12 Td's,Defense 12 turnovers,Demarco Murray team rushing record as well as nfl leader this year 1845 yards 13 td's,Dez Bryant team td reception record 16 td's also tops among receivers this year.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-30-2014, 6:21 AM Reply   
You know why we don't hear about Wilson's accomplishments this year? Because he's mediocre at best. He's had a lot more turnovers this year and been sacked at an alarming rate. Without Lynch and the defense to offset his mistakes Seattle wouldn't even be in the playoffs.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-30-2014, 7:37 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=cwb4me;1900709]The Champs lost as many games with their starting QB as the Cowboys did with their QB injured and their second string QB. You haven't heard me,so let me tell you one more time. You're in the tunnel with blinders on. There's a train coming and it's picking up speed. You better start running now because the Cowboys "bandwagon" is almost full. You guys are going to be devastated.[/QUOTE

There ya go referencing injuries as a crutch again.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-30-2014, 8:17 AM Reply   
I gave you guys the rules. The past has to be relevant and this defense is even more relevant than it was last year!

Cliff, normally I'd agree with you on Sun but this guy has a proven track record. It really didn't look that malicious, he didn't stomp on him he steppes on him, but this guys just a dirty playing jerk. He is appealing it so who knows it may not come into play until next year.

Hey Bobby, we had injured players in those losses too and as we know by your incessant babble, no player is more important than the next.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-30-2014, 8:25 AM Reply   
This guys smart:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...0NBC&utm_tags=
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-30-2014, 9:10 AM Reply   
Hahaha, Markj & GD you guys hate the Champs (Hawks) but are already trolling for our coordinators to be your next coach. At least you're willing to admit to be the best you have to take from the best. I guess if you go way back a disproportinate number of the good NFL coaches come from the Bill Walsh era. Like the old Kevin Bacon movie thing or whatever that was. Almost all championship caliber coaches came from Walsh's system or someone who was with Walsh that mentored them such as Holmgren. I know there are exceptions but the amount of quality people that worked under him are staggering. Carroll and Harbaugh included.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-30-2014, 11:16 AM Reply   
I have no hate for the Hawks and I have made that clear. I dig the coaching, the QB and the RB and the entire defense. The only Hawk that I dislike is Dick Sherman because, IMO, walking the walk of a true champion does not include denigrating others off the field. When the Packers or Cowboys play the Hawks, I will be rooting for the Hawks while I applaud any time that Richard Sherman gets burned.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-30-2014, 11:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
I have no hate for the Hawks and I have made that clear. I dig the coaching, the QB and the RB and the entire defense. The only Hawk that I dislike is Dick Sherman because, IMO, walking the walk of a true champion does not include denigrating others off the field. When the Packers or Cowboys play the Hawks, I will be rooting for the Hawks while I applaud any time that Richard Sherman gets burned.
I'm guessing you didn't like Neon Deion or TO in red and gold either. Big personality smack talk guys that can back it up most of the time. Deion's stupid dance and TO's Sharpie TD celebration are classics. "You mad bro?" and some of Shermans big plays will be too someday. People love to hate him and he feeds on it. Its all part of Sherm's psych. He's not like that in local interviews, fundraisers, etc. Seems like a pretty humble down to earth guy except on game day and then he's in your head. I admit I would hate him too if he was on another team.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-30-2014, 11:38 AM Reply   
Bobby, I thought it would be a good time to bring this back.

Tony Romo playoff loss to the Hawks… Lost it all by himself

http://youtu.be/QVuQ5aw0HAQ
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-30-2014, 12:14 PM Reply   
Dion and TO were full of themselves on/off the field. I have no problem with this. Dances and sharpies were entertaining. Trash talking on the field is also not a problem. It's part of the game. Sherman takes things into the gutter on a personal level off the field. This is 100% low class behavior.Time will not change it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-30-2014, 1:05 PM Reply   
^^^Bingo!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-30-2014, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hahaha, Markj & GD you guys hate the Champs (Hawks) but are already trolling for our coordinators to be your next coach. At least you're willing to admit to be the best you have to take from the best. I guess if you go way back a disproportinate number of the good NFL coaches come from the Bill Walsh era. Like the old Kevin Bacon movie thing or whatever that was. Almost all championship caliber coaches came from Walsh's system or someone who was with Walsh that mentored them such as Holmgren. I know there are exceptions but the amount of quality people that worked under him are staggering. Carroll and Harbaugh included.
Umm. Quinn was with the Niners before the hawks.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-30-2014, 1:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Bobby, I thought it would be a good time to bring this back.

Tony Romo playoff loss to the Hawks… Lost it all by himself

http://youtu.be/QVuQ5aw0HAQ
You must constantly bring up the past because you're scared of what the future holds for you and the Seahawks. Whoever plays the Seahawks first whether it be Arizona or Carolina won't be afraid of the Seahawks . If the Seahawks are fortunate enough to make it past them they will surely fall to the winner of the next game.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-30-2014, 1:12 PM Reply   
Both Deion Sanders and Terrell Owens are still full of themselves. I believe Deion could teach Sherman a thing or two about talking smack.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-30-2014, 2:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Uh, yeah. But he was mentored by Carroll. Guess you missed the Walsh lineage part.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-30-2014, 2:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
You must constantly bring up the past because you're scared of what the future holds for you and the Seahawks. Whoever plays the Seahawks first whether it be Arizona or Carolina won't be afraid of the Seahawks . If the Seahawks are fortunate enough to make it past them they will surely fall to the winner of the next game.
No we are not scared. You should be however, as that video will be Romo’s legacy if he chokes this opportunity. I actually would like to see Seattle & Dallas make it to the NFC championship game for a Seahawks - Cowboys rematch. It’s doubtful though as Romo would have to double his playoff wins.

Hawks are 22-2 in their last 24 games at home, 55 takeaways, a plus-357 point differential, and a plus-22 turnover margin.

Playoff teams record vs other playoff teams.
• Seahawks: 5-1
• Steelers: 5-1
• Patriots: 4-1
• Cowboys: 2-1
• Packers: 3-2
• Bengals: 3-4-1
• Cardinals: 2-3
• Broncos: 2-3
• Colts: 2-4
• Ravens: 2-4
• Panthers: 1-4-1
• Lions: 1-4

It's interesting that Dallas only had to play 3 playoff teams this season. Probably makes that 12 win season a little easier…

Dallas had the easiest SOS of the playoff teams at .488. Seattle the toughest at .561.

Hmmm... Useless stat drivel actually is kind of fun...
Bob, this is your queue to talk about injuries, week 6, and 3rd string QB's

Last edited by Cabledog; 12-30-2014 at 2:43 PM. Reason: font
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-30-2014, 2:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
So, you both like Sanders and Owens but not Sherman. Have you guys been smoking crack with Michael Irving?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-30-2014, 3:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
No we are not scared. You should be however, as that video will be Romo’s legacy if he chokes this opportunity. I actually would like to see Seattle & Dallas make it to the NFC championship game for a Seahawks - Cowboys rematch. It’s doubtful though as Romo would have to double his playoff wins.

Hawks are 22-2 in their last 24 games at home, 55 takeaways, a plus-357 point differential, and a plus-22 turnover margin.

Playoff teams record vs other playoff teams.
• Seahawks: 5-1
• Steelers: 5-1
• Patriots: 4-1
• Cowboys: 2-1
• Packers: 3-2
• Bengals: 3-4-1
• Cardinals: 2-3
• Broncos: 2-3
• Colts: 2-4
• Ravens: 2-4
• Panthers: 1-4-1
• Lions: 1-4

It's interesting that Dallas only had to play 3 playoff teams this season. Probably makes that 12 win season a little easier…

Dallas had the easiest SOS of the playoff teams at .488. Seattle the toughest at .561.

Hmmm... Useless stat drivel actually is kind of fun...
Bob, this is your queue to talk about injuries, week 6, and 3rd string QB's

Ha ha ha! Just owned Bobby!!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-30-2014, 3:18 PM Reply   
Suh's suspension overturned fined $70k!!! Wow!
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-30-2014, 3:23 PM Reply   
So intentionally stepping on people is cheaper than not talking to the media. Good to see the NFL has their priorities in order. Romo better watch his back...err ankle...
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-30-2014, 3:39 PM Reply   
Why is everyone so upset with trash talking?? Football is not Ballet! Trash talking on and off the field has been going on since the beginning of this sport. If you want to trash talk, its all good, as long as you can back it up with your performance on the field. Until Sherman is washed up and can't defend anymore, he has all the right to trash talk on or off the field with the rest of the entire NFL. It is not a gentlemans game people.....I understand that some of you don't like him , but I am guessing if he were your favorite teams DB, you probably would love him! It's all part of the game! He is a outstanding citizen here in Seattle, and does a lot for the community, probably more then Dion or Terrel. Seattle fans are more then happy to play the Cowboys in a rematch. Most people hate on the Cowboys, due to the POS owner they have. He is a total douche, and I love to see his face when the Cowboys lose!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-30-2014, 4:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
Why is everyone so upset with trash talking?? Football is not Ballet! Trash talking on and off the field has been going on since the beginning of this sport. If you want to trash talk, its all good, as long as you can back it up with your performance on the field. Until Sherman is washed up and can't defend anymore, he has all the right to trash talk on or off the field with the rest of the entire NFL. It is not a gentlemans game people.....I understand that some of you don't like him , but I am guessing if he were your favorite teams DB, you probably would love him! It's all part of the game! He is a outstanding citizen here in Seattle, and does a lot for the community, probably more then Dion or Terrel. Seattle fans are more then happy to play the Cowboys in a rematch. Most people hate on the Cowboys, due to the POS owner they have. He is a total douche, and I love to see his face when the Cowboys lose!
Don't worry Anthony you'll get to see Jerry's face and listen to the interviews all through the playoffs and on to the Super Bowl.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-30-2014, 9:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
So, you both like Sanders and Owens but not Sherman. Have you guys been smoking crack with Michael Irving?
Douche, douche, douche, douche. All of em. I will say this, at least Sherman can speak proper English when he wants to. The rest of them continue to pander to their ebonic speaking homies like they're still in the hood, trying to sound "legit"...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-30-2014, 9:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Suh's suspension overturned fined $70k!!! Wow!
Total BS. Does anyone else think it could have a little bit to do with black/white relations and/or Ferguson at all? I can't stop wondering if it does or not. Remember the pregame attire worn by a lot of black NFL players a couple weeks ago?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-30-2014, 9:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
So intentionally stepping on people is cheaper than not talking to the media. Good to see the NFL has their priorities in order. Romo better watch his back...err ankle...
Agreed.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-30-2014, 10:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Uh, yeah. But he was mentored by Carroll. Guess you missed the Walsh lineage part.
Splitting hairs. Doesn't matter. The Niners need an offensive minded coach IMO. The idea of Quinn sells news articles and makes Hawks fans nervous though so, not all bad.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-30-2014, 11:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Mark, your team didn't do much talking in the playoffs, more like walking...HOME!! DON'T YOU EVER TALK ABOUT THE BEST!
Almost forgot. Haha and thanks for the quote from my "favorite player". I just wish there was a way for Sherman and Suh to interface on the field. I'd pay to see that.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-31-2014, 12:32 AM Reply   
IMO, Suh should be out for the remainder of their season. It is obviously intentional. The first step let him now where to intentionally step on Rogers. And, the fact that he did not turn around after Rogers yelled at him and hit him makes it obvious that this was intentional.

Last edited by diamonddad; 12-31-2014 at 12:33 AM. Reason: .
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-31-2014, 6:13 AM Reply   
Hey fellas, have a safe and sane New Years Eve. I'm off to golf in the sunshine and 30° weather (lol) then ring in the New Year with my wife, kids and a few close friends. I'll probably be a little tuned up after the round, whiskey is the only way to stay warm in that weather, so I'll be sure and check back in, run my mouth, drop a couple explitives and use poor grammar.

Last edited by hatepain; 12-31-2014 at 6:16 AM.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-31-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
Suh said his feet were numb from the cold and he couldn't tell if it was the ground or Rodgers legs he was stepping on. Right? Then Eric Davis on NFL Network says the playoffs are too important to suspend him from. Using that logic Ray Rice should be allowed to play since the Ravens are in the playoffs.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-31-2014, 8:41 AM Reply   
^^I thought Ray RIce is allowed to play but the Ravens don't want him?
Also, punching a woman in a fit of rage is a little different than "accidentally" stepping on another football player. If this wasn't a QB (especially Rodgers) this would be a non-story and Suh wouldn't have been fined.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-31-2014, 8:52 AM Reply   
Wild Card Weekend Picks:
Ravens at Steelers - this is going to be good! I'll take the Steelers in a close one.
Cards at Panthers - Both teams are bad but I like the Cards.

Bengals at Colts - Blowout city here. Colts by 21.
Lions at Cowboys - As much as I'd love to pick the Lions here, I won't. The Lions are not that good. Cowboys win and head to GB.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-31-2014, 8:55 AM Reply   
This thing frustrates me. If he's not guilty, (we all know he is) why keep the fine in place? From beginning to end, this thing is full of corruption.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-31-2014, 9:06 AM Reply   
complete BS
Suh should have been fined a great deal more, suspended for the entire playoff run, and told that his next offense will result in suspension for an entire season.

all of these things would have happened if he weren't the most talented player at his position. An average player would have been dealt with differently.

I have never wished for a player to get injured. I'm not sure that I can say that anymore....
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-31-2014, 10:47 AM Reply   
Wildcard Weekend Picks
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh - Tough and tight game. If Leveon Bell plays I'll take the Steelers. If he can't play I'll take the Ravens.
Arizona @ Carolina - Panthers have been good as of late. If Stanton plays I'll take the Cardinals,if not I'll take the Panthers.

Sunday Games

Detroit @ Dallas - Cowboys
Bengals @ Colts- Bengals have been too inconsistent. I'll take the Colts at home.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-31-2014, 12:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Wildcard Weekend Picks
Baltimore @ Pittsburgh - Tough and tight game. If Leveon Bell plays I'll take the Steelers. If he can't play I'll take the Ravens.
Arizona @ Carolina - Panthers have been good as of late. If Stanton plays I'll take the Cardinals,if not I'll take the Panthers.

Sunday Games

Detroit @ Dallas - Cowboys
Bengals @ Colts- Bengals have been too inconsistent. I'll take the Colts at home.
I think they signed a replacement for Bell today. Not sure who it was but heard a blurb on the radio.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-31-2014, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ha ha ha! Just owned Bobby!!!
Attached Images

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-31-2014, 2:08 PM Reply   
That Suh thing is ridiculous. The only thing the NFL is good at is coming up with new ways to embarrass themselves. I thought only suspending him for one game was a little weak, but better than doing nothing, which is what I expected. However, overturning it with that weak ass explanation just makes them look like fools. I hate Dallas, but I hope they kill Detroit!
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-31-2014, 2:22 PM Reply   
Love that "YEAH" picture of Lynch. One hell of a player that gets finded $100K for not giving an interview yet Suh get less for intentionally stepping a QB's lower leg while is he laying on the ground. This Suh thing really pisses me off. Totally un-sportsman conduct with the intent to injure. What if Roger's leg had snapped?
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-31-2014, 2:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
That Suh thing is ridiculous. The only thing the NFL is good at is coming up with new ways to embarrass themselves. I thought only suspending him for one game was a little weak, but better than doing nothing, which is what I expected. However, overturning it with that weak ass explanation just makes them look like fools. I hate Dallas, but I hope they kill Detroit!
Agreed. Detroit is a cess pool. Bankrupt city shouldn't even have a team.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-31-2014, 5:29 PM Reply   
Steelers
Panthers
Colts
Lions
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-31-2014, 5:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Love that "YEAH" picture of Lynch. One hell of a player that gets finded $100K for not giving an interview yet Suh get less for intentionally stepping a QB's lower leg while is he laying on the ground. This Suh thing really pisses me off. Totally un-sportsman conduct with the intent to injure. What if Roger's leg had snapped?
Suh would have received an indefinite suspension. After about a year he would reappear having found Jesus and touting his new role as a representative of a fund that provides free prosthetics for soldiers who have lost limbs in battle. He'd swear up and down how much he's changed and grown during his time away from the game. Shortly after his 30 for 30 interview the NFL would announce he had served his time and shown his willingness to change his life and his attitude towards others. Not long after that he would be picked up by the Raiders and paid a ridiculous amount of money for a three year contract.

Just a thought...
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-01-2015, 4:14 PM Reply   
this whole rule where they can go 30 games incident free is ridicoulous! 30 games means he is no longer a repeat offender? did california legislators come up with that stupid rule?! and for those of you saying its cuz it happened to a QB its an issue, youre wrong. it was an issue when he stomped on the centers arm two years ago. if another lineman had been stepped on in clear view of the cameras, this would be an issue. this is all about NFL and ratings. Cowboys front 7 up against the run defense of Detroit minus Suh is too much for the NFL to want to deal with. $70k fine. joke. he probably paid them in cash right there in NY.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-03-2015, 12:18 PM Reply   
Baltimore, Carolina, Dallas, Colts
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-03-2015, 5:35 PM Reply   
Ron Rivera said it best. The Cardinals were playing in a tough situation. Panthers held the Cardinals to 77 total yards.Makes Seattle's defense look bad.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-03-2015, 6:20 PM Reply   
Yards don't win games, points do. Seattle held Arizona to fewer points in the 2 games they played than the Panthers allowed in one, saying this game makes Seattle's defense look bad is foolish.

Sometimes your unfiltered hatred for Seattle makes you come off as ignorant. Of there is a god we will meet Dallas soon.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-03-2015, 7:27 PM Reply   
That's why there's a hole in the roof at Cowboys Stadium.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-04-2015, 1:20 PM Reply   
Poor Andy Dalton can't win in the playoffs. I hear his mentor is Tony Romo.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-04-2015, 1:52 PM Reply   
Golden Tate scores. The guy is clutch. Wish Seattle would have kept him instead of dicking around with Pussy Harvin.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-04-2015, 2:13 PM Reply   
Cowboys down by 14 early. Uh oh......
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-04-2015, 3:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Got a dry suit, gloves, a board and a boat if you want to sneak out with us on Sammamish tomorrow. 206-450-2453
Cliff,

Sorry man I just saw this. Thank you for the invite, but I'm still recovering from hand surgery back in October. Next time I'm up that way and healthy, I'll hit you up for sure.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-04-2015, 5:10 PM Reply   
cowboys cant play like this and win in GB. but ill take a playoff win any way it happens!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-04-2015, 5:11 PM Reply   
Wow. The cowboys pull it off. What a roller coaster second half. So glad that Suh has to go back home defeated.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-04-2015, 5:28 PM Reply   
The picked up DPI flag was absured!!! That absolutely screwed Detroit. They were up at the time and that had them in field goal range with 1st and 10. Worse than that though was the ensuing punt that went 10 yards!

I win the picks this week!!!! OMG what an amazing feeling! Just kidding it couldn't matter less.