Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (robeport)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-27-2015, 1:53 PM Reply   
Checking to see if anyone out there has any good recommendations for upholstery shops in the Portland area? Wanting to do all new vinyl in my 06 V215. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-27-2015, 6:02 PM Reply   
I would say that Bentlys over in Oregon City is the most known for boats, but also most expensive. I am sure there are many others.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-27-2015, 7:35 PM Reply   
Braxtons in milwaukie does great work at a good price. The owner was with Bentlys for years
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-28-2015, 7:46 AM Reply   
I have heard that about Braxtons too now that you mention that name.
Old     (BlazeSr)      Join Date: Dec 2012       02-28-2015, 8:48 AM Reply   
I had mine done at beverton auto upholstey 2 years ago. I got 4 bids and I ended up going with them. And I even drove up there from salem. He was very helpful with a great attitude. Price was also the best. I felt we went above and beyond. Would totaly recommend to any boat owner.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-28-2015, 11:37 AM Reply   
I know Beaverton Auto does an awesome job on cars. Never heard a referral on boats. Good to know.
Old     (BlazeSr)      Join Date: Dec 2012       02-28-2015, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
I know Beaverton Auto does an awesome job on cars. Never heard a referral on boats. Good to know.
I know the web sight dosent show it. But I was definitely not the first one they have done.
Old     (robeport)      Join Date: Jul 2013       03-01-2015, 10:32 AM Reply   
Thanks for the referrals! Would you happen to have a contact you dealt with at Beaverton Upholstery?
Old     (BlazeSr)      Join Date: Dec 2012       03-01-2015, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeport View Post
Thanks for the referrals! Would you happen to have a contact you dealt with at Beaverton Upholstery?
I worked with the owner. I don't know him. It's just who helped me. Make sure we see before and after pics of your project wherever you end up.
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-01-2015, 6:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler97217 View Post
They do warranty work for Mastercraft. They fixed a couple things for me, happy with the results.
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       03-01-2015, 10:48 PM Reply   
Sounds like your already leaning towards Beaverton Auto Uposlstery and would agree they are great. They did all my rear seats in my 08 Malibu and turned out perfect.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-06-2015, 9:03 AM Reply   
Never heard of Braxtons, but I had my bimini done by Haxton's in Milwaukee. First class stuff. Not sure if they do upholstery - they probably do...

Whatever you chose, post up some pics when you get it done
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       03-06-2015, 10:28 PM Reply   
keep us updated. also post up prices so the rest of us can get ballpark ideas of what it's running locally for stuff.
Old     (robeport)      Join Date: Jul 2013       03-09-2015, 8:15 AM Reply   
Well, prices are coming back in much higher than expected. Looking like 5k plus and that does not include the carpet. Not sure what I'm going to do now...
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       03-09-2015, 10:06 AM Reply   
As far as the carpet, I am going with gray diamond molded hydroturf for the bottom of my floor. I just finished one panel and it looks amazing. feels great. It's a bit of work, but it's a DIY option.

I got a forum discount of 15% from PWCMuscle.com

I also had him order the "b-stock". it's WAY cheaper and the "inperfections" are so minimal you wouldn't notice them unless you were inches away looking at a few of the diamonds that have bubbles on them.
Old     (BlazeSr)      Join Date: Dec 2012       03-09-2015, 9:33 PM Reply   
I saved some money by removing all the seats seat backs and pulled all the staples myself. Had him recover everything and then I re-installed.
Just a thought