Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       11-11-2010, 9:45 AM Reply   
I need the phone number to get a hold of Sanger to have the vinyl replaced on my rear seat. After 500 hours and 5 years, the seams finally failed.

Also, what are you guys doing to replace your prop seals? Did you go dripless or just repack. Any thoughts of the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old     (Preston)      Join Date: Jul 2010       11-11-2010, 10:10 AM Reply   
For the rear seat call Wayne's Upholstery, they do all the uphostery for Sanger. Pretty good prices for skins as well, I was quoted around $1400 for my WHOLE boat (2005 v215 as well).

Wayne's Uphostery (559) 233-1960
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       11-11-2010, 1:28 PM Reply   
Dave I had the bottom pad redone and the back pad stretched and restapled to cover some of the tears on the top of the pad. This guy did it in Tracy. He spent a while getting the colors right and his stuff is of better quality than the stock Sanger material and the colors match perfect. I plan to take any other items to him again, very happy with his work and was recommended to him by a friend who had a full interior done that came out great as well. I had him fix some minor tears here and there elsewhere in the boat with the colored glue and do the seat and I think it was 325 out the door.

Not to hijack Preston's recommendation either, just wanted relay my experience getting the same thing done as you.

Alex's Auto Upholstery
(209) 833-8155
460 W Larch Rd, #9, Tracy, CA 95304
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-11-2010, 1:53 PM Reply   
If you haven't just tightened the packing nuts on your prop packing yet, you might just try that first. After I did it twice, I ended up going with the GFO from Skidim.
Worked great this year.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-11-2010, 3:46 PM Reply   
Dave, I have reached Sanger at the numbers on this page: http://www.sangersportswear.com/cont...f148d685e67c04
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       11-15-2010, 1:03 PM Reply   
Great info guys. I will start calling! and thanks

Wish me luck on trying to tighten that shaft packing. I tried once ont he lake. It was so hard I gave up. But now I have a month to figure it out. Is the packing nuts right hand thread or left?

Dave
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-15-2010, 2:14 PM Reply   
It was not too bad tightening my packing nut. I bought a cheap set of large combination wrenches to get an open end 1-7/8" and 2" wrench for the two nuts then cut them open end off very short. Total cast $49, and I've got some spare large wrenches as a bonus. It was then a bit of work getting the lock nut loose the first time but very easy to adjust for a good drip rate and easy to retighten the lock nut. (not as tight as it had been)
There is a use for junk tools from China on occasion.
The nuts are a normal thread.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       11-15-2010, 3:17 PM Reply   
Thanks Art
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       11-23-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
Just called Jamie at Sanger. All he needs to replace you vinyl is your HULL# and what seat cushion you want replace. I will update you with the over all experience when it is done. His phone number is 559-233-1960.

By the way, I will install the skin my self to save on shipping on not having a seat if I take her out.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-23-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
Dave, the cost for the rear seat skin? Curious, I'll have to do mine soon.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       11-23-2010, 1:48 PM Reply   
he quoted me 200 for the rear seat and the two rear locker covers. But thats not what I wanted. I wanted the rear seat and the removalbe seat cushion port side, the flip up storage thing by the glove box. I will just get some pictures. It will be easier. Any way I will install the skins myself. I will keep you posted.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       11-23-2010, 1:56 PM Reply   
These two cushions
Attached Images

Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-25-2010, 3:17 AM Reply   
I ordered a rear lower seat skin from Eric @ Sanger 3 months ago & I'm still waiting. I've called a couple of times so its starting to p*ss me off now. I love our Sanger but its starting to make me rethink upgrading to a V237 next year.