Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-19-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
I am visiting SoCal this week before I PCS to Japan for three years and I thought it would be cool if someone on here wouldn't mind me bumming a pull. I am staying in the Riverside area and I know how to get to Elsinore and with good directions could find my way pretty much any where. If there is room it would be cool if I could tag my wife and two cousins along too if not then oh well. I would be more than happy to chip in on gas and any thing else that would help out.

All my gear is in a box getting shipped to Japan so I would need to borrow gear too.

So if you are feeling generous and wouldn't mind me mooching some space in your boat then let me know.
Old     (tbonus)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-19-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
Mooch, I'm in San Diego and could perhaps take your group out to San V. What day are you thinking? Do you want to just board or board and hang on the lake and get stupid in the sun?
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-19-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
Well my group has been reduced to probably just me and maybe my wife. I am down any day except on Wed 24 May I am going to Magic Mountain that day. Where is San V? I am an Okie so I don't where things are in Cali except where the closest In N Out is!
Old     (tbonus)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-19-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
San V is in San Diego, another 45 minutes past lake elsinore. Lake is only available thur thru Sun for wakeboarding. Sunday morning could work if you are up for the drive. Perhaps check out SD for the afternoon after boarding in the morning. Before 10:00 am or after 6:00 is the only time for real boarding on San V.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-19-2006, 9:25 PM Reply   
it's actually closer to an hour and 15 minutes or so. it may be a bit more than 45 minutes from a freeway on ramp in elsinore to the off ramp in poway, but it's another 20 minutes or so trek from there.

depoint50ae, not that san v isn't a good alternative, but a lot of people ride during the week at elsinore and canyon lake. i'm sure someone will offer up a pull or two!

(Message edited by dakid on May 19, 2006)
Old     (tbonus)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-20-2006, 1:18 AM Reply   
I agree, San V is a trek from Riverside, and once you get here, clean water is hard to come by. That is why I say if you come down, I'd make a day of it somehow.

Where are ya Tamecula Valley, help a brother out and save him some gas and time.

Although, SD is a great place to spend the day if you have the time and have never been.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-20-2006, 7:58 AM Reply   
SD is beautiful. It is far though so I think I will hold out and see if anyone closer wants to hook a brother up.

Thanks for offering.

If we had a little longer of a stay I would be there. We are staying at my aunts house. She lives just south of Hwy 60 off of I-15.

(Message edited by depoint50ae on May 20, 2006)
Old     (tbonus)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-20-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
FYI: There is a clinic put on by Jessen Vedel sunday morning in the lake elsinore channel. You could get a pull and some tips.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-20-2006, 4:30 PM Reply   
Anyone else feeling generous and willing to hook up a fellow wakeworlder?

Pretty please!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-20-2006, 9:04 PM Reply   
depoint...I would be happy to but my boat is getting a balast system put in so I am boatless right now. Let me put the word out to some club people for you and see what happens. If you come back this way at any other time on a stopover look me up. I would be happy to give you and your wife a pull.

And thanks for serving out country.

Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-20-2006, 9:05 PM Reply   
sorry...OUR country
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-21-2006, 4:49 AM Reply   
Where are all the SOCAL posters. Come on- the guy is going overseas to serve. You guys live in the best place AND get to wakeboard. You have it all. Show a little love.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-21-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
Roger...we are working behind the scenes throught the club e-mails to get him a pull. I e-mailed all the club people who go out during the week and so far have 3 rides for him. Show a little grace....things are not always what you see.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-21-2006, 8:22 PM Reply   
depoint....we have been trying to e-mail but it has been returned. I have a couple people lined up who would be willing to give you a pull in Canyon Lake. e-mail me and we can work out the details.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-21-2006, 8:59 PM Reply   
SoCal you have mail. I forgot to update my profile after turning off my internet services.
Old     (committed)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-22-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
Shot me an email and if the schedules work, no worries....
Thanks for the service.
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-23-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
I got the hook up today at Canyon Lake. I was refered by SoCal M.O.B. to meet up with her coach. He took me out on his sweet 210 Nautique. I have never had a pull behind a real wakeboard boat. It was amazing!

Thank you SoCal M.O.B. for all your help and also to Brent for taking out a Stranger for a awesome time!!!!