Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-03-2014, 8:46 AM Reply   
Hey everyone! I'm thinking about redoing my upholstery this winter since the factory vinyl has started to tear apart on the seat bases. Does anyone have any suggestions for upholstery shops in the sac area to do the work and approximately what they would charge to do the whole boat if you know by chance? It's a 2006 Sanger v215. Thanks!!
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-03-2014, 9:33 AM Reply   
ACME Tops and Tunes does great work in Sacramento. They just did my buddies full interior and it turned out great.

6430 Franklin Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95823
(916) 429-2293
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       12-03-2014, 3:07 PM Reply   
I just had my upholstery done last year. Everyone says go to ACME, probably for good reason, but they are EXPENSIVE. ACME was $3-4k for my 2002 centurion V drive (no carpet, seats only). Quotes were nearly double the other places I talked to. I found an AWESOME shop in Roseville who got it done at the lowest price with factory quality work for $700. This was about 2/3 the interior, and they matched the other original cushions perfect. I also saved some money by removing it myself, but they installed it so they could line up all the patterns perfect.

Pacos Upholstery in Roseville

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pacos-custom...tery-roseville
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       12-03-2014, 3:10 PM Reply   
Here are pix of the upholstery, like I said looks stock https://www.onlyinboards.com/2002-Ce...nia-46457.aspx
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-04-2014, 4:44 AM Reply   
Not saying that cheaper option isn't good but I will share my experience. I had a few skins that needed to be replaced and a back seat. Let a cheaper shop do it. Upon picking up the seats I was thrilled with what I saw. After a few months I realized they had not used SS staples and used straight up plywood for the back seat base against my request for SS staples and proper materials. There are people who do good work cheap but the saying "you get what you pay for" is particularly true in this instance.

3-4k is not that high but is a bit. I paid 2300 for a completely interior uninstalled for just the skins from viper in TN. I shipped them the skins and just reinstalled them myself. They used some upgraded materials but even base stuff was gonna be like 1900. Add in install at a K and you are in that 3k ballpark.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-08-2014, 3:05 PM Reply   
Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm going to continue checking around and getting prices before I dive into this.
Old     (Bret)      Join Date: Nov 2013 Location: Santa Rosa, CA       12-08-2014, 3:40 PM Reply   
Hey why don't you just get it done by the people that did your boats upholstery originally because last year my family got our supreme v230 completely reupholstered including carpet for about 4000 dollars done by wayne who does the upholstery on all the new Sanger's down in Madera also he did it as a side job so it took longer but it looked great in the end.

Last edited by Bret; 12-08-2014 at 3:41 PM. Reason: to make it better
Old     (86skier)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-08-2014, 5:16 PM Reply   
I had my rear two seats done by Superior Marine on hwy 50 and Sunrise. They did it for like $150 a seat. They sub to a local shop and didn't want to reveal their name so that they can offer it as a service. I didn't push them for the name cause I though that was a fair price even if it included their mark up. I think they don't actually mark it up much to just have it as a benefit to their customers. BTW they color blended and matched the upholstery perfect to the adjacent seats including a white and gray upholstery and blue bead line. I have an 2007 Sanger 215.

I was very happy
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       12-08-2014, 8:19 PM Reply   
Lol Bret dropping dimes.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-09-2014, 10:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret View Post
Hey why don't you just get it done by the people that did your boats upholstery originally because last year my family got our supreme v230 completely reupholstered including carpet for about 4000 dollars done by wayne who does the upholstery on all the new Sanger's down in Madera also he did it as a side job so it took longer but it looked great in the end.
The original upholstery is cheap, thin and that cotton stingy backed stuff. I definitely don't want stock stuff back in. I want the higher end fabric backed upholstery that will last more than 400 hrs in 4 years.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-09-2014, 3:52 PM Reply   
+1 for Acme.
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-10-2014, 11:14 AM Reply   
I had mine done by a shop/fellow recommended by Superior...Not sure if it's the same guy...But it hasn't lasted at all...
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-15-2015, 3:42 PM Reply   
I finally chose a place and got it done so I thought I'd update this thread. I ended up getting it done at Fineline Trim and Wake Audio in Rancho Cordova. Here is the thread with pictures attached:

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=804044
Old     (Snowleopard)      Join Date: Jan 2015       02-15-2015, 8:50 PM Reply   
I have seen the work that Acme does and was very impressed. Obviously the quote that you get is going to differ depending on the material you want, patters, multi color and all of it.