Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-19-2010, 8:23 AM Reply   
I have an '08 Z5 top on my Supra, I was sent a "trailering package" from Z5 that attaches to the front of the rack which is used when you are trailering the top on the freeway. It came with no directions, and I cant figure out how to attach it to the front of the rack. Does anyone have any pictures of how they attached this to there rack? Possibly the '09 and later models have it already installed?

Thanks for any information...
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-19-2010, 4:40 PM Reply   
You just wrap the looped end over the section of z5 that is exposed aluminum bar, then pull the strap through itself. Ok, that description sucks. Pics would help... I'll see if I can find my straps somewhere. I hated them because they would loosen up, flap, and scrape up my tower.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       05-19-2010, 6:23 PM Reply   
^^^ best way to keep your straps tight is to make the trailering strap about a 1/4"-1/2" short of the eyelet that is screwed into the tower. Then take the Z5 and instead of hinging it downward (like you would to get a board off the rack), hinge it upward a couple inches which will make the trailering straps come down to the eyelets. Then secure the trailering strap hook to the eyelet with the rack still hinged up (you can hinge it up with one hand and secure the trailering strap hook with the other). Once both straps are hooked then hinge the rack back down and secure with the pins. The straps will be really tight and won't scrape anything.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-19-2010, 9:35 PM Reply   
Sorry guys, I am a picture person, if you have some pics please post them up....

Much appreciated!
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-19-2010, 10:10 PM Reply   
I agree, AJ, that's the right way to get them nice and tight. The problem is that they don't stay that way. And it only takes a few seconds of flapping for the metal clip to make a nice gouge in the tower.
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-19-2010, 10:17 PM Reply   
Here you can see the tower beauty mark. I can't put the z5 up in the garage so I just looped it over the mirror. Hope this helps.
Attached Images