Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-08-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
I am moving to the UK for a few years and I trying to get a read on the availablity of the sport in general. Anyone living abroad in the UK or Europe that keep up with wakeboarding?
Old     (sean7791)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-08-2008, 6:23 PM Reply   
I live in Ireland and there is a great wakeboarding community here. I havnt been to England wakeboarding yet but I can tell you that wakeboarding in Ireland is growing really well.

Do you know where you would be moving to?
Old     (pvsawyer)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-08-2008, 7:05 PM Reply   
There is a big cable wake park scene in the UK- which part are you moving to?
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-08-2008, 8:02 PM Reply   
I am moving to Mildenhall. I will get there in June or July. I am super excited. I just hope I don't have to slack on riding.
Old     (oneoffpost)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-09-2008, 1:12 AM Reply   
wakechat.com
there is a good scene all round the country man boat or cable, are you going to be north or south?
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-09-2008, 2:50 AM Reply   
South East. 80 miles north of London.
Old     (toby_yeo)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-09-2008, 4:46 AM Reply   
Theres a great scene here in the UK. spots to ride the boat and cable all over the country.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       12-09-2008, 6:57 AM Reply   
Make sure you stop by "The Bell" pub in Mildenhall for a few pints, It was a nice little place to hang out when I was there, and if you're single the Galaxy club is a late night option.
Old     (philuk)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-10-2008, 4:52 AM Reply   
There are lots of good places to ride both the boat and cable all over the UK. wakeboard.co.uk is a good place to start looking for places to ride.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       12-10-2008, 5:48 AM Reply   
Cable is more affordable. Wakeboarding in the UK is expensive.A boat set at a club is going to run you anywhere between $30 - 40 for 15 min.Plus you have to factor in the driving distance as gas is expensive.
There are not as many guys with boats nor lakes to launch a boat either. Cable is pretty good though.
It's actually amazing that the UK produces so many good boat riders when you realize the limited availibility,the price of gas and the inclement weather.
Probably why cable is much bigger and affordable in Europe.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-10-2008, 8:11 AM Reply   
Keep in mind the weather is not as nice as in Florida or California...

What I heard it shouldn't be a problem to wakeboard a couple of times each week in the UK.. When you pay the Netherlands a visit drop me an email. I can give you some pulls, cable or boat.