Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-04-2013, 12:31 PM Reply   
Hi there,

So I was thinking of possibly get a wrap for my boat next year. However, the one thing I've always wondered about is how are these wraps gonna hold up when cleaning the boat. For example, the end of the season is coming now, and I usually use some toilet bowl cleaner on my hull (which contains hydrochloric acid) to get all the algae off. Is this something that is going to work with a boat wrap? Wouldn't this destroy the boat wrap?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-04-2013, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_smith View Post
Hi there,

So I was thinking of possibly get a wrap for my boat next year. However, the one thing I've always wondered about is how are these wraps gonna hold up when cleaning the boat. For example, the end of the season is coming now, and I usually use some toilet bowl cleaner on my hull (which contains hydrochloric acid) to get all the algae off. Is this something that is going to work with a boat wrap? Wouldn't this destroy the boat wrap?
My experiences have been that hull cleaner will dye/bleach vinyl... so seems to reason a wrap could discolor...
Old     (greg_smith)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-04-2013, 1:06 PM Reply   
How are you suppose to get algae off of a boat wrap than? How are you suppose to clean these?
Old     (Indyxc)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-04-2013, 7:07 PM Reply   
I don't really think they are meant to be submerged under water for long periods. You can't really expect a wrap to stand up to being to being in the water over an extended period, and then cleaned with an acid.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-05-2013, 5:26 PM Reply   
Will algae stain the wrap? I know I get the 'ring around the boat' stain in our white gel coat. Thats all I need the acid for is to make the white pure white again... If there is algae on the boat, get a sponge and a pressure washer and clean it off..
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-05-2013, 6:58 PM Reply   
Try something more mellow like simple green