Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-18-2015, 7:54 AM Reply   
Wow. And people want them to have more control......

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-f...tay/ar-BBlOM1x
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-18-2015, 8:59 AM Reply   
My brother in law has a similar setup going for him right now.

Right out of college he was able to get reduced housing via section 42 rules .... His base starting salary was really low but he had a commission aspect to his job, but since he just started was not on a payslip they checked to let him into the building .... anyways, he has since gotten two better jobs and married but still is able to pay $700/mo (all bills included) for a downtown 1bed/1bath apt. in Minneapolis. For comparison when we lived downtown Minneapolis it was $1650/mo for a smaller place and we had to pay for cable, internet, and electric.

If I was in the same position, I would do the same thing ... I can't fault people for doing what is well within the rules/law. They're saving money like crazy because of the almost non-existent rent and plan to move to buy a house soon. It certainly can help those who need it, but is also broken enough to be easily taken advantage of.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-18-2015, 9:21 AM Reply   
There are people that need the assistance. There needs to be checks and balances. If people make too much they need to be evicted plain and simple. All they would have to do is make people submit TR every year to re-qualify.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-18-2015, 11:12 AM Reply   
The problem with this is that people use examples such as this one to attack the actual poor people instead of placing the blame on the rich people in this example for abusing the system. More control is exactly what is needed to fix this particular situation .... as in the control to evict people from publicly subsidized housing when they make 500K per year and when there are poor people on waiting lists for that subsidized housing. So yes, I want them to have more control in this situation.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-18-2015, 11:53 AM Reply   
I was by no means attacking the poor people. I was attacking the morons that work for HUD. The problem is HUD has that control, they just fail to use it because it would require more work. I agree that the people taking advantage of this need to be kicked the F^&( out!
Old    bigdtx            08-18-2015, 12:50 PM Reply   
This country gives away billions of dollars a year to oil companies who already make billions of dollars a year themselves. If you're looking for something to be outraged over, that's a much better target.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-18-2015, 1:57 PM Reply   
Yeap. Nothing to see here folks, move along. There is waste everywhere, its ok.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-18-2015, 3:22 PM Reply   
I see your point but it pales in comparison to the fed printing $80B a month to give to mortgage bond holders. We still have people who still defend blowing a couple trillion in Iraq.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-19-2015, 12:46 PM Reply   
Giving people loans with little to no money down is a bad idea. It makes walking away from a house too easy. Another example of an idea with good intentions manipulated to the point of bankruptcy. It's the American way!