Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-01-2015, 10:36 AM Reply   
A group of lady's (11+ lady's) booked a trip to Napa valley to discuss there latest book of the month.
Apparently before the train even got going the group was being loud and disturbing other passengers on "the wine train" the group was asked several times to keep it down by the wine train staff. Or they were offered the option that they could get off the train. They chose to get off the train. They received a full refund and a free bus ride back to the original starting point.

The group (who happens to be mostly black) has said that Race played a part in them being removed from the train. The group has retained a lawyer and is now Seeking $11 MIlLION DOLLARS.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...club/32299587/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/08/25...n-due-to-race/

#laughingwhileblack
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-01-2015, 10:38 AM Reply   
#lastmonthsnews
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-01-2015, 10:50 AM Reply   
^^^ correct ^^^^
But they just announce the 11 million dollar lawsuit & that's what made me post or sparked interest of topic . In the USA today link I was pretty surprised at people's nasty comments towards the lady's. Way worse said there then I have ever seen people post here!
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-01-2015, 5:52 PM Reply   
11M what a joke. We've done that wine train trip. Boring but the wine was good and the wife loved it. Definitely not a nightclub setting. This will probably get taken the wrong way but we have moved tables at restaurants and left movie theaters because of obnoxiously loud groups of black people that ruined our time along with those around us due to their inconsiderate behavior. Those experiences came to mind when I first read this story.
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-01-2015, 6:20 PM Reply   
Hey, black wives matter!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-01-2015, 7:41 PM Reply   
A few intresting things about this story.

#1 one woman who says she is a Nurse says she lost her job because of all the negitave social media backlash. (Just wondering how this happens)
#2 I'm pretty blowen away at the things people are freely saying on social media "Not" about these particular lady's but Blacks in general. Many many people are saying things very similar to what cable dog is/was saying.

The comment section below most of the online news story's is full of people saying some pretty crazy stuff. The kind of stuff that would get your Flamed right off this site. And the things people are saying with their Facebook profile attached to their comments Crazy!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-01-2015, 9:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
A few intresting things about this story.

#1 one woman who says she is a Nurse says she lost her job because of all the negitave social media backlash. (Just wondering how this happens)
#2 I'm pretty blowen away at the things people are freely saying on social media "Not" about these particular lady's but Blacks in general. Many many people are saying things very similar to what cable dog is/was saying.

The comment section below most of the online news story's is full of people saying some pretty crazy stuff. The kind of stuff that would get your Flamed right off this site. And the things people are saying with their Facebook profile attached to their comments Crazy!
Most of us have been here for YEARS and are part of a community. Those posts are dark, either not real names or just attached to a FB account and have like minded friends. The difference is easy.

Chit posted here blows my mind sometimes, comments on news feeds just reminds me the keyboard troll/DB is everywhere, but really just 5%.... Probably 5% here as well, just smaller sample...
Old    bigdtx            10-01-2015, 11:56 PM Reply   
The first rule of Book Club is you do not talk about Book Club. Instead you yell and scream about Book Club until you get bounced off the wine train before you can even get your drink on.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-02-2015, 10:54 AM Reply   
^^^ that's a good one.

This is a odvious case of "GreenMale" extortion for money. I'm shure the lady's know they are not gonna get 11 million and I'm shure they know most insurance companys will settle out of court for a small fraction of their original lawsuits amount and I'm guessing they will all walk away with some amount of $. The question is how much?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-02-2015, 1:44 PM Reply   
Damn. I'd laugh at this BS lawsuit, but they will probably get something out of it.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-02-2015, 7:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
Damn. I'd laugh at this BS lawsuit, but they will probably get something out of it.
I hope these "lady's" get NOTHING not one cent. I know I will be called racist for saying such a thing but there I said it!!! Race Husslers here on W/W here is your chance to feel better about yourself and more worldly by calling someone a racist!

Last edited by grant_west; 10-02-2015 at 7:19 PM.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-02-2015, 9:02 PM Reply   
^^^ Why should they get compensated? Admittedly, have not even read the story, but too loud, off and ride home... Reasonable...

Trying to become a martyr is not becoming.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-03-2015, 10:49 AM Reply   
^ ^
Quote:
Trying to become a martyr is not becoming
EJ: just trying to get my 27 virgins. !!!

BTW I don't think 27 virgins would be 1/2 as fun as 27 sluts!

Last edited by grant_west; 10-03-2015 at 10:52 AM.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-06-2015, 10:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
^^^ Why should they get compensated? Admittedly, have not even read the story, but too loud, off and ride home... Reasonable...

Trying to become a martyr is not becoming.
Oh they definitely should NOT get anything. Wouldn't surprise me some liberal democrat of a judge doesn't see this case a clearly as we do