Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-11-2015, 9:45 AM Reply   
This doesn't surprise me. I'm not sure why people believed this was a good idea from the start. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/obamac...212400216.html
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-11-2015, 10:24 AM Reply   
The example in the article is a 2 income household earning 35,000 a year. That's minimum wage ($8.75 x 2000 hours). I thought the consensus on wakeworld is that no grown adult should ever aspire to earn minimum wage?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-11-2015, 11:16 AM Reply   
FACTS FACTS FACTS. Shaddup and get with the Obumma hate doggy!
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-11-2015, 11:45 AM Reply   
No hate, I just find it ironic that the very people, who voted him in and the the law was to supposedly help, are now suffering the most. There are some good points to the ACA but the devil is in the details. A friend of mine has a business with 48 employees but he cannot expand at this point because of the law. He already furnishes their insurance but had to start charging them some this year to help cover the cost.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-11-2015, 11:47 AM Reply   
Interesting - is he located in CA? My business is smaller than his but it's been an improvement for us.
Old     (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-11-2015, 12:13 PM Reply   
A good friend of mine (income $35K) bought the silver plan and was scheduled for incentives. After they were cut she was billed $4500.00 she lost her Dr. And can't find an acceptable Dr. For her upcoming surgery. It's been a nightmare getting approval for care.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-11-2015, 3:33 PM Reply   
His business has improved significantly, not in CA, and that's the problem. He wants to expand but is wanting to stay under the 50 employee mark to avoid the ACA regulations.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-12-2015, 7:13 AM Reply   
What's ironic is that people blame Obama for how the bill was crafted when the same people they vote for were doing not only nothing to contribute to healthcare reform, but actively opposing anyone else who did contribute.
Old    bigdtx            08-12-2015, 8:47 AM Reply   
I bought insurance on the individual market (not employer subsidized) for 20 years. The rates were insane and the insurers attitudes were basically f*ck you - take it or leave it - so I took it.

When the ACA came along the insurers had to play by a set of rules that they never had to play by before. They made a lot of noise about how bad it was but they actually liked it because the mandate forced vast numbers of mostly young and healthy (aka non-claimants) people to buy coverage.

I have a lot of friends on the producer side (aka sales) of the health insurance market and they all love the ACA - don't be fooled by the propaganda.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       08-12-2015, 11:23 AM Reply   
Follow the money... and it is quick to figure out who benefited the most from Obamacare... the insurance companies. Obama gave them a great big hand job and the law did nothing to reduce the average person's healthcare costs or insurance costs.

The only real positive from the law was not allowing insurance companies continue the "pre-existing condition" bull crap.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       08-12-2015, 11:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
What's ironic is that people blame Obama for how the bill was crafted when the same people they vote for were doing not only nothing to contribute to healthcare reform, but actively opposing anyone else who did contribute.
More ironic was Obama promised time for the bill to be read and discussed before voting on it.

Instead.. the entire thing was crafted behind closed doors by a handful of morons with no outside input. Then the idiot Pelosi made her awesome quote of "pass it to see what's in it", since no one was able to read the bill before it was crammed down the publics throat.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-12-2015, 12:45 PM Reply   
I imagine that the bill would have been handled differently if it was a bipartisan effort. Unfortunately Obama had to give up a lot to the insurance companies because he needed allies in getting it to the finish line. The old HC paradigm was screwing a lot of people by being very discrimiitory and inflationary. Now it's less discrimitory and still inflationary.