Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-11-2018, 8:42 AM Reply   
What are everyone's thoughts on the sections? Personally, Tyler's section was the purest form of wakeboarding and showed great progression and style. He got my vote. Everyone killed it and the winching was mind blowing. I'll just always vote for the boat riding.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-11-2018, 9:03 AM Reply   
Tyler--Best Boat
Felix--Best park/winch
Gunter--Best overall

Tyler's section was my favorite to watch personally, but if I take an objective approach, Gunter wins.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-11-2018, 10:14 AM Reply   
I would agree with those rankings.

When i saw a clip of steels triple attempts on instagram i immediately got online and clicked his first. After watching it all the way through I was thinking I must have misinterpreted that real wake was live because that just looked like a trailer. Then I realized that was his video. He boosted it though! Too bad he didn't have any other clips. He could have done a whole real wake just smashing double ups and it would suffice.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       09-11-2018, 10:19 AM Reply   
Yeah, I had Tyler or Guenther as my #1 as well. Tyler had some just crazy tricks, while I liked Guenther editing and riding style the most. For my 3rd place, I liked Dylan Miller. He was creative with some of the winch lines and I just like his general riding ability.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-14-2018, 10:02 AM Reply   
These guys are killing it. I do have one question, Steel is getting a bunch of pub for almost landing a triple flip which is crazy impressive but double flips & triple flips are nothing new, why is this such a huge deal?
Shapiro almost pulled of a triple front back in 2004. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iZI6OytrIg
Granted this wasn't as close as Steel but I still haven't seen anyone besides Shapiro pull off even a double front. And maybe a more important question is: what happened to front flips?! Seems like that is a lost trick that looks sick when done correctly. Ok, end of rant.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-15-2018, 12:59 PM Reply   
I thought Tyler's was mind blowing, kid has come so far riding with Twelker and Maur. It was the same feeling I had a couple years ago when Twelker dropped that video part with all the tweaked grabs. Made wakeboarding look good again.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-19-2018, 8:12 AM Reply   
I voted for Steel, just based off the balls and the beating he took.