Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-02-2011, 9:10 AM Reply   
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/boa/2242894076.html

I bet with some weight, it would throw a nice wake.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-02-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
I have not, but from looking at the photo of the rear of it, it doesn't look like it will be that great.

The "V" of the hull is continued allll the way to the rear of the boat, most all wakeboard boats have a deep "V" up front and are flat on the rear..... that is the typical I/O hull shape, which is not ideal for wakebaording
Old    SamIngram            03-02-2011, 9:24 AM Reply   
Those boats are/were very popular at the main dock in Daytona Beach, I counted at least three the last time I was there. There is also one in Santa Barbara that they use for a "work boat" that is pretty much trashed, but still floating. I have seen another in dry dock at Page, AZ.

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-02-2011, 9:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I have not, but from looking at the photo of the rear of it, it doesn't look like it will be that great.

The "V" of the hull is continued allll the way to the rear of the boat, most all wakeboard boats have a deep "V" up front and are flat on the rear..... that is the typical I/O hull shape, which is not ideal for wakebaording
have you seen the new SAN? its got a pretty deep V in the back. with weight pretty much anything can have a sweet wake
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-02-2011, 9:45 AM Reply   
That fly bridge is AWESOME! If the one I posted had that, I might buy it just so I can look cool at the lake!
Old    sperbet            03-02-2011, 9:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebeaverandboats View Post
with weight pretty much anything can have a sweet wake
I completely disagree with this statement. Guess it depends on your definition of sweet. I've ridden behind a few boats that were heavily weighted and left a lot to be desired.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-02-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
That thing could be a surf wake making machine.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-02-2011, 10:35 AM Reply   
I disagree with the deep V comment as well. My family's first boat was a 21' ocean boat with a small sleeper up front. It had a very deep V on it which went all the way to the back. I still believe to this day that it put up a way bigger wake then my current boat does with less weight in it.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-02-2011, 11:17 AM Reply   
Not sure about the wake-ability of the hull, but one thing is for sure, you could probably put 6000lbs in her and your gunells will stay dry. There is a lot of freeboard. I would guess it would make a steep touchy wake and a good surf wave.

If I used it as a tow boat, I would have to give some thought to putting an actual waterbed instead of sacs in the cuddy. ;-)
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-04-2011, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sperbet View Post
I completely disagree with this statement. Guess it depends on your definition of sweet. I've ridden behind a few boats that were heavily weighted and left a lot to be desired.
i was more referring to the fact that any boat can throw a big wake, not necessarily a shaped wake....i figured it was obvious since its not a wake boat, and anyone planning on buying one to wakeboard doesnt really care about the shape, they just want a tow!