Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (bmh2208)      Join Date: Apr 2004       01-29-2012, 3:28 PM Reply   
Hey guys! Seeing if any WW's out there in the Austin area could help me out...

So we just moved to Austin a few months ago. Was able to get a sweet place on the lake for cheap. I know why...the driveway looks like a double black ski run. I'm looking for a diesel 4wd (dually is too wide I think) truck to push my 2003 SANTE up the driveway into a spot so I can finish putting her back together.

I've uploaded a vid of my predicament...

Boat is a 2003 Super Air on a double axle trailer. I was able to get it about 1/4 of the way up with a 2wd f150. I've used a Denali burb to push about a 3K load up it (single trailer with motorcycle and garage crap on it), and it was maxed out. I think it's gonna require some serious torque to push this thing up. Combine the fact that the driveway is narrow, and curved, and I've got a real challenge for anyone that is up to it.

If anyone can spare a few hours out of their day, and have a vehicle that can meet the Pepsi Challenger, then shoot me a txt or call....

Vehicles that I think will do the job: 4wd cummins, stroker, or chevy; v10tdi toureg, and the salesman at the BMW place claims an X5 will do it. I call BS, but if anyone has a v8 X5 and think their rig is up to the task, then I'd like to try. Been looking at X5's as a tow vehicle....

I'm off to change the head gasket on a e36...eff

Cheers!
Brandon

Last edited by bmh2208; 01-29-2012 at 3:31 PM.