Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mfenton)      Join Date: May 2009       07-25-2017, 10:03 AM Reply   
I have a pair of rev10 that either the horn or crossover is out. verified that by installing the speakers on a another boat system(with a pair of rev10s that work) and I get no sound out of each horn. Just the low end plays. Brought to local dealer and he says he can't mess with them because I don't have proof of purchase. Tried to do a RMA on wetsounds site and same deal. Where do I go from here?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-25-2017, 10:43 AM Reply   
Are you looking for a warranty repair? Typically yes, proof of in service date is needed. Both the cross over and compression drivers are available for purchase from Wet Sounds. Not hard at all to replace and have them back up and running. Oh, find the root cause and re-tune the amp after.
Old     (mfenton)      Join Date: May 2009       07-25-2017, 5:26 PM Reply   
What is the best way to determine if it is the crossover or the horn?
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       07-25-2017, 7:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfenton View Post
What is the best way to determine if it is the crossover or the horn?
Bypass the crossover and directly measure the impedance of the horn tweeter across the tweeter terminals with a handheld multimeter. If it is 'open' it's the tweeter that's bad. Don't pop a tweeter with a battery....only a good test for fullrange speakers. You can also temporarily run the passive crossover highpass out to the midbass driver. It will sound terrible but if it plays then the Xover is fine.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       07-25-2017, 7:37 PM Reply   
Rob told me the other day that in 10 years he's seen maybe 3 crossovers bad. The horn is a flute. Remove the driver and you can remove the tweeter on the back of the driver.

You said you tried an ram on their website, JUST USE THE PHONE AND CALL them.. you'd be amazed at what your voice can accomplish.

If the boat has the 420 preamp, or any other kind of eq, make sure treble is flat. Also check the head unit to make sure it's at zero. That's generally the culprit when treble is cranked up.
Old     (mfenton)      Join Date: May 2009       07-25-2017, 8:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyb View Post
Rob told me the other day that in 10 years he's seen maybe 3 crossovers bad. The horn is a flute. Remove the driver and you can remove the tweeter on the back of the driver.

You said you tried an ram on their website, JUST USE THE PHONE AND CALL them.. you'd be amazed at what your voice can accomplish.

If the boat has the 420 preamp, or any other kind of eq, make sure treble is flat. Also check the head unit to make sure it's at zero. That's generally the culprit when treble is cranked up.
I tried the "JUST USE THE PHONE AND CALL" and the response was to fill out a rma on there website.
You would be "amazed" that you can't bring a speaker in to the dealer to get shipped off and fixed because I don't have a proof of purchase. I don't want it fixed for free. I just want the them fixed. Also told them that.
Old     (rlwagens)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-25-2017, 8:14 PM Reply   
My used boat came with REV10s on it and one needed a driver replacement. Call wetsounds to get in touch with your local rep, and they will deal with your nearest authorized dealer to get new parents sent and I just replaced mine myself, pretty straightforward. Can't remember who my rep was here in Michigan but it was a great experience, and even without having proof of purchase from original owner cost me a fraction of what I thought it would.

Don't be alarmed with your local dealer doesn't know what is what, my rep made sure they were on the up and up behind the scenes. For example, one dealer mistook my 10 for an 8 when I initially went in, and then my other one tried to lecture me for an hour that a syn4 is too much power for a pair of REV10s and would blow them instantly...

Last edited by rlwagens; 07-25-2017 at 8:18 PM.
Old     (mfenton)      Join Date: May 2009       07-25-2017, 8:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlwagens View Post
My used boat came with REV10s on it and one needed a driver replacement. Call wetsounds to get in touch with your local rep, and they will deal with your nearest authorized dealer to get new parents sent and I just replaced mine myself, pretty straightforward. Can't remember who my rep was here in Michigan but it was a great experience, and even without having proof of purchase from original owner cost me a fraction of what I thought it would.

Don't be alarmed with your local dealer doesn't know what is what, my rep made sure they were on the up and up behind the scenes. For example, one dealer mistook my 10 for an 8 when I initially went in, and then my other one tried to lecture me for an hour that a syn4 is too much power for a pair of REV10s and would blow them instantly...
Thanks man.. im going to call them again tomorrow.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-26-2017, 8:32 AM Reply   
Mike,

I think you are inadvertently giving Wet sounds and your local dealer, the impression that you are looking for a warranty repair, hence the RMA and proof of in service date asked for. if you just want parts, just ask for the replacement parts. No proof of anything or RMA needed to just order replacement parts.