Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (WLF)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-14-2017, 10:54 AM Reply   
Ok, I say that in jest, but do any of you have any experience with this board? I was going to get the Phase 5 Diamond, as I rode it a few times last year and absolutely loved it. But my friend who I surf with 80% of the time just purchased the Phase 5 Matrix which is really close to the Diamond. Anyway, I'm a slightly above average surfer 6'2" 200lbs still perfecting 360's and other various fun stuff, just curious if anybody has an opinion to chime in on this board vs. the Diamond or any other similar type board? from any maker Summer is coming!
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       04-14-2017, 11:10 AM Reply   
I have never ridden that board, but I can say from my experience I will never do phase 5 again. Way to over priced for what it is. I had a terrible board, and when I complained about that fact the traction just floated off first time in water, well I got terrible customer service. I am still waiting on the reissue they said they would do on the pad. Nothing yet, since last summer. IMo you can the same great deal with a custom board, made to you for what you want. I have had a lot of great experience with talking to these two companies and just from talking to them I would choose one from them anytime. If I wasn't trying to make my own right now I would reach out to CHAOS and 1 of 1 customs. They are not only great boards, but have some of the best looking ones!!!. My opinion if your going to pay top dollar for a board, why pay for a generic one, go custom!
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-14-2017, 11:31 AM Reply   
I absolutely hate that board. I've had nothing but great experience with P5 and would reccomend them for sure, but that board flat or sucks. Nose dives so hard so easily!!!

On the other hand, I love my hyperlite hifi. No problems with shoves and spins.