Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (86skier)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-30-2017, 8:58 PM Reply   
I've have my perfect pass wakeboard pro on a 2007 sanger v215 for years and never used it. It does not seem to hold speed. I used my buddies over the weekend and it works great. I've read the manuals and YouTube videos multiple times and still can't get it to work right. Should I use the reset feature. It does not seem to be calibrated. If I do this, will it be easy to simple set the speed and use it. And help or step by step directions are much appreciated
Old     (TTyler89)      Join Date: Jun 2015       07-30-2017, 10:47 PM Reply   
What actually is the boat doing. Surging? Flat will not hold speed? The gauge not beeping? Do you have perfect pass turned off and on cruise mode? It's not working is too broad. You're going to have to narrow it down. For starters, I'm guessing you have a paddle wheel. Crawl under the boat and look at the paddle wheel and make sure all the blades are on it and none are broke off. There are 4 total. That checks out next find the servo on the motor that pulls the throttle cable. Have someone turn the key to the on position (Do not start the engine) and watch the dial on the servo to make sure it is working. It should start tightening up and will start clicking once the cable is tight. If that checks out then either the gauge is malfunctioning or the control box is. If the gauge does not turn on when the key is turned to the on position you need to check for a bad fuse on the power supply for the PP control box.

Last edited by TTyler89; 07-30-2017 at 10:49 PM.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       07-30-2017, 10:54 PM Reply   
Like TTyler said above, please provide more details to your issue. Do you have the GPS Stargazer model or the older model that runs off the paddlewheel under the boat? If it's the paddlewheel, and an old model, it could be simply that the paddlewheel is burnt out. When that happens, it won't work.

But go through the check list as mentioned above first. My recommendation would be to just get the Stargazer upgrade package from Perfect Pass, won't have to worry about paddlewheel issues anymore.
Old     (86skier)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-31-2017, 7:37 AM Reply   
The gauge doesn't beep when approaching speed. I have a paddle wheel cause it says servo winding down when decelerating. I will check the paddle wheel and all of the above comments. I do have power to it. The speedo (mph) matches the regular speedo on the dash when in cruise mode.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       07-31-2017, 8:11 AM Reply   
I had and still do have PErfect pass problems. Mine is due to the spring is bad and pulling throttle back so it kills the perfect pass. Also I had to re tighten the dial for perfect pass on the cable. Perfect pass now works for me but I have to hold the throttle so the spring that is to tight over years of wear, I have to replace the spring still. Call perfect pass, the guys there are very helpful and they walked me through some stuff to figure mine out. They will always send you videos of how to do anything.
Old     (Shawn)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-31-2017, 7:55 PM Reply   
Call Perfect Pass...their customer service is amazing.

My 2006 v215 PP stopped working and the we diagnosed the problem over the phone in 5 minutes wile i was in the boat then they shipped me the parts needed that day.