Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (GoBeavs85)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-17-2019, 12:09 PM Reply   
My garage is a little small but I would like to upgrade my 2007 Malibu VTX to something a touch bigger. I can fit my 20’ boat in my garage with the platform on. If I go bigger that platform is going to need to come off, which is kind of a pain. With all the tabs hanging off the back of these new surf boats are there any brands or models that have a platform that can just lay flat against the back of the boat? My thought is it Might be easier than removing completely. Taking my platform off is kind of a 2 person job currently. Is upgrading to a 21’ or 22’ a pipe dream?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-17-2019, 1:17 PM Reply   
should be easily modified to do what you want it to. probably need a couple brackets attached to the hull, then connect platform to the new brackets. so pull a pin, slide platform 3 or 4" and drop it down. relatively easy, if your fabricator knows what they're doing ... likely aluminum, so you're looking at some TIG welding and a little $$ for materials.

plates/rudder/speed pitots/whatever will be model dependent. I'd think about raising the platform a bit while you're messing with it.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-18-2019, 9:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs85 View Post
My garage is a little small but I would like to upgrade my 2007 Malibu VTX to something a touch bigger. I can fit my 20’ boat in my garage with the platform on. If I go bigger that platform is going to need to come off, which is kind of a pain. With all the tabs hanging off the back of these new surf boats are there any brands or models that have a platform that can just lay flat against the back of the boat? My thought is it Might be easier than removing completely. Taking my platform off is kind of a 2 person job currently. Is upgrading to a 21’ or 22’ a pipe dream?
The MC NXT boats have a folding swim platform and gen2 surf tabs, the NXT 22 would prob fit. The prob with Malibu is even with platform removed you still have surfgates so you don't gain much by removing platform on Axis/Malibu
Old     (GoBeavs85)      Join Date: Jul 2015       07-23-2019, 1:13 PM Reply   
Thanks for the replies!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-24-2019, 6:38 AM Reply   
post up pics of what you come up with, thought about doing this on mine.