Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2020, 9:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
What if your aunt had a pecker? Would she be your uncle?
Yes she would be my uncle but if she wanted me to call her Aunty I would. I would think its weird but whatever, if it makes her less unhappy then I'm cool with it.

Quote:
The medical system is not out of control so there is that. You don't think that people can take measure and adjust? Why do you think that the central government is letting the states do what their charter is and manage the response locally. They know what their needs are.
At the moment it is in control but weirdly I can look at the trends and see that pretty soon its not going to be so i think we should be planning for that.

Quote:
So, are you going to tell the 20 year olds they have to be out of work for the next 6 months to a year so 1% of the population or less does not get impacted as fast.
By impacted do you mean die?

Quote:
Aren't you the one on here day in and day out bitching about debt, but yet you want the country to shut down for significant time and just print more and more money?
Yes that was me. I was saying that 10 years into an economic expansion cycle it makes sense to run a budget surplus, pay down debt and prepare for the next down turn rather than just blow more air into the bubble. Silly me.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-25-2020, 9:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
That's funny. He never said that.
This is exactly what trump said,
Feb. 26: “Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low. … When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero. That’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”
Feb. 25: “You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re all getting better. … As far as what we’re doing with the new virus, I think that we’re doing a great job.”
Feb. 28: “This is their new hoax.”
March 10: “And it hit the world. And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”
March 15: “This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”
March 17: “I’ve always known this is a, this is a real, this is a pandemic … I’ve felt that it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-25-2020, 9:35 AM Reply   
Sorry, not taking the bait on cartel talk. Cartels are horrible, but will save that for another day.

What do you mean when you ask “equal?” Literally? Value? Appearance?
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-25-2020, 9:37 AM Reply   
Well obviously I’m a top and ur a bottom
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-25-2020, 9:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
This is exactly what trump said,
Feb. 26: “Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low. … When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero. That’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”
Feb. 25: “You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re all getting better. … As far as what we’re doing with the new virus, I think that we’re doing a great job.”
Feb. 28: “This is their new hoax.”
March 10: “And it hit the world. And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”
March 15: “This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”
March 17: “I’ve always known this is a, this is a real, this is a pandemic … I’ve felt that it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
But do Not worry, trumps approval rating is at an all time high
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
While i can somewhat understand the stance, fires always start on the bottom and burn upward. Wonder where you and I are on the pile?
Rod, no skin off my teeth, but you totally wasting your time with this entitled, millennial.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       03-25-2020, 9:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yep. You should be happy he said it. Trump fought back (you may get the courage to thank him on day when you grow up) and China has since backed down from the cutting off medicine and spreading that the US created the virus. Politics is politics. Quit trying to judge politics based on what you and I would do in normal life. You realize Trump is dealing with people who make their people manufacture the shoes on your feet for slave labor.
Maybe you can clear this up. Trump said Xi was doing a great job and thanked him for his transparency in Feb. Then you say this tweet led to the Chinese laying off spreading rumors about the virus being spread by the US, however just this past Sunday, a spokesman for the Chinese Foreign Ministry said the virus dates back to starting in the US in Sept. 2019.

What I see is a guy constantly flip flopping on everything. First China is doing great (when it wasn't), then he is pestering China with his China Virus comments. But you are telling me this is all a coordinated effort to some end?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Yes she would be my uncle but if she wanted me to call her Aunty I would. I would think its weird but whatever, if it makes her less unhappy then I'm cool with it.

At the moment it is in control but weirdly I can look at the trends and see that pretty soon its not going to be so i think we should be planning for that.

By impacted do you mean die?

Yes that was me. I was saying that 10 years into an economic expansion cycle it makes sense to run a budget surplus, pay down debt and prepare for the next down turn rather than just blow more air into the bubble. Silly me.
Well, you are the expert. The situation is completely out of control. Washington state, which has been what a month or more into this, in a high density area has people lined up for blocks and they are burning bodies in the streets now. Oh wait. They are not. The main deaths were in one old folks home (sorry the proper word escapes me at the moment). We will see where we get but I am hopeful.

As far as youth and lets just go with all those who are unemployed and could lose their home over this. Yes, they are impacted. If you want to talk absolute heartless brass tacks, the elderly with the average age of 81 are not going to be long for the world. If you were to speak only about money, you are better for society to go through your end of life at a much younger age than you are to live through a statistical increasing round of medical treatments as you get older. What you are saying at the moment, maybe 5 to 10% of them can die from this. As they do from the flu and other issues. That is strictly the money issue and no way I advocate for it and that is why I am against socialized medicine because you set up those decisions with limited budgets.

What about people who just lost their 401k's that may could have retired in the next few years? Working longer statistically kills a worker than retiring earlier. Life expectancy goes down the longer you work. What about them? What about the people who will commit suicide due to the hole being unemployed creates? There are many angles to this.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
Maybe you can clear this up. Trump said Xi was doing a great job and thanked him for his transparency in Feb. Then you say this tweet led to the Chinese laying off spreading rumors about the virus being spread by the US, however just this past Sunday, a spokesman for the Chinese Foreign Ministry said the virus dates back to starting in the US in Sept. 2019.

What I see is a guy constantly flip flopping on everything. First China is doing great (when it wasn't), then he is pestering China with his China Virus comments. But you are telling me this is all a coordinated effort to some end?
Only pestering of china is you liberals constantly siding with china when it comes to all things china vs America.

I said nothing about a tweet. I don't look at twitter or face chat.

IF a virus started in America in September of 2019, then all you liberals are liars and you just shut down the economy over a lie because this virus is supposedly so bad that you have to shut down the country to contain it or the truth is, it started in China and the virus spread statistics prove it out.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 10:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Rod, no skin off my teeth, but you totally wasting your time with this entitled, millennial.
yep. Soft A rich kids.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 10:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstalkmoreride View Post
Well obviously I’m a top and ur a bottom
Why do you feel you have to be a top? You have some sort of deep homosexual feelings? Think you have to be dominant in a neutral environment? You not get enough hugs growing up?
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       03-25-2020, 10:13 AM Reply   
The whole reasoning behind this thread (meaning my current discussion with you) Delta is because you guys were complaining about how horribly China reacted to this virus. Killing people, subverting the truth, etc. I agree with you, their response was horrible (but not at all suprising) But it didn't seem to bother you that Trump was praising China and it's leaders at that time. His comments that they were being transparent and doing a great job did not bother you one bit. Instead you claim it was a part of some plan, or a political strategy. Wouldn't you rather see your President call out the spade? Isn't that what you guys stand for? Being tough on China and other countries like it?

I guess i don't understand how you defend the President for not having a clear consistent message when it comes to China. Doesn't this bother you at all? The guy shoots from the hip non-stop. But you guys always defend everything he does. I just don't get it.

Last edited by onlyinboards; 03-25-2020 at 10:15 AM. Reason: clarity
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-25-2020, 10:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
I guess i don't understand how you defend the President for not having a clear consistent message when it comes to China. Doesn't this bother you at all? The guy shoots from the hip non-stop. But you guys always defend everything he does. I just don't get it.
It's simple. The only way to have an idiot for a leader is to have plenty of idiots as followers. We've a few examples right here. Delta the extremist and markj the moron. Surprised Grunt isn't around. But then he just posted a ridiculous article from Breitbart. I guess that's where the bigoted idiots get tooled even worse than Faux News.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2020, 10:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
You have to take a grain of salt with anything that delta says about trump, in his own words he has never heard him talk so Delta is not the most informed person on anything trump.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 10:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
The whole reasoning behind this thread (meaning my current discussion with you) Delta is because you guys were complaining about how horribly China reacted to this virus. Killing people, subverting the truth, etc. I agree with you, their response was horrible (but not at all suprising) But it didn't seem to bother you that Trump was praising China and it's leaders at that time. His comments that they were being transparent and doing a great job did not bother you one bit. Instead you claim it was a part of some plan, or a political strategy. Wouldn't you rather see your President call out the spade? Isn't that what you guys stand for? Being tough on China and other countries like it?

No. I am not here to complain about the way china did anything. I expected nothing less from them. What I am complaining about is stupid liberals yet again trying to create race politics and do it yet again in favor of communist dictators over our own people.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 10:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
It's simple. The only way to have an idiot for a leader is to have plenty of idiots as followers. We've a few examples right here. Delta the extremist and markj the moron. Surprised Grunt isn't around. But then he just posted a ridiculous article from Breitbart. I guess that's where the bigoted idiots get tooled even worse than Faux News.
Have you been tested yet? Why not? you are in the group that might just go any day now.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
You have to take a grain of salt with anything that delta says about trump, in his own words he has never heard him talk so Delta is not the most informed person on anything trump.
That's funny, you guys are a bunch that has found zero good about a person yet want to lecture how someone should not use a word that describes where a virus came from.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 11:03 AM Reply   
Quote:

Do you know what specifically Trump was referring too when he said those words? Do you know what he thinks they are doing a good job on at the time of the comment. Is it possible to think they are going a good job in one aspect but are on their butts on another? You always default to the negative when you don't know the meaning of any over it. You are the problem. You certainly are not the solution.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2020, 11:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Do you know what specifically Trump was referring too when he said those words? Do you know what he thinks they are doing a good job on at the time of the comment. Is it possible to think they are going a good job in one aspect but are on their butts on another? You always default to the negative when you don't know the meaning of any over it. You are the problem. You certainly are not the solution.
I found a photo of Delta decoding Trumps words using 4D chess pretzel logic.
Attached Images

Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-25-2020, 12:51 PM Reply   
NPR stops broadcasting Live COVID-19 updates because factcheck.

https://kuow.org/stories/kuow-statem...briefings-35a2
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 12:53 PM Reply   
Quote:

Hey, did it ever occur to you that Trump’s first responses were time-stamped responses on the info at the time???... and then maybe some new, more-revealing and ugly truth came to light?

Another thing that we’re not used to with a politician is Trump can’t help, but be a cheerleader (sorry, 95 and alltalknoride not the gay type) for the country. He’s the ultimate optimist-like Reagan who aims to breathe life into the country. You guys are still expecting an apology tour. That tour got cancelled in 1/17.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-25-2020, 1:00 PM Reply   
Sorry, optimism doesn’t get us ****.

For example, I’m optimistic that you aren’t a dirtbag.

Yet, you are.

Last edited by lesstalkmoreride; 03-25-2020 at 1:02 PM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 1:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
It's simple. The only way to have an idiot for a leader is to have plenty of idiots as followers.

I guess that explains Obama’s two terms.

We've a few examples right here. Delta the extremist and markj the moron. Surprised Grunt isn't around. But then he just posted a ridiculous article from Breitbart. I guess that's where the bigoted idiots get tooled even worse than Faux News.
YOU’RE STILL ALIVE!!! So glad you’re back after knowing you’ve got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel with this impending plague. Please let me know in advance where to send the flowers to your one family member that still talks to you before you die soon. I’m sure that’ll be a “whites only” service since you’re in the south and are an OG, Democrat, Klan boy, right? Kyuh kyuh kyuh! Say, “hi” to them Duke boys!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sorry, optimism doesn’t get us ****.

For example, I’m optimistic that you aren’t a dirtbag.

Yet, you are.
Derp! I’m optimistic your millennial self is not living in your mom’s basement with your trophy collection that everyone else got too. Unfortunately, that’s not realistic.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-25-2020, 1:13 PM Reply   
Dude, political jousting aside. Are you ok man? Seriously, ur getting dark. Time are crazy, but please, be well. Nobody wants anyone to die.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
NPR stops broadcasting Live COVID-19 updates because factcheck.

https://kuow.org/stories/kuow-statem...briefings-35a2
The horror! Oh no! What will we do if we can’t get the “unfettered truth” from NPR???
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Dude, political jousting aside. Are you ok man? Seriously, ur getting dark. Time are crazy, but please, be well. Nobody wants anyone to die.
Sure. You just wear your demographics on your sleeve and aren’t self-aware enough to realize that every adult here sees right through you. Delta took a long-needed vacation and probably didn’t know who you were until he had a brief exchange with you. Now he knows. You are marginalized and will remain so until you go live life in the real world for awhile. Then, after a number of years, you will come to your senses. If not, you can change your name to Pesos, 95sn, fly35 or wake77 if you want to be a real douche. Onlyinboards and shawndoggy are the only ones still making remote attempts to feign objectivity. Ralph is still being evaluated. Lol
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2020, 1:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Another thing that we’re not used to with a politician is Trump can’t help, but be a cheerleader (sorry, 95 and alltalknoride not the gay type) for the country.
More like cheesy real estate agent/grifter or used car salesman.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2020, 1:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ralph is still being evaluated. Lol
That's offensive, I've been working hard for my douche nozzle rating.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-25-2020, 1:55 PM Reply   
Cheerleading is one thing. Lying about it isn't cheerleading. Its misleading, its bad salesmanship, its grifting, its typical trump.
https://khn.org/news/fact-check-trum...sses-the-mark/
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 3:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Cheerleading is one thing. Lying about it isn't cheerleading. Its misleading, its bad salesmanship, its grifting, its typical trump.
https://khn.org/news/fact-check-trum...sses-the-mark/
Again. No one knows what to do with positivity. Thanks for proving my point AGAIN TODAY.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 3:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
More like cheesy real estate agent/grifter or used car salesman.
Yeah, well, he’ll make you a good deal on that red one in the far lot. How much of a payment are you looking to make?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 3:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
That's offensive, I've been working hard for my douche nozzle rating.
Nah, unlike the other libtards on this side of the hemisphere, you don’t take yourself that seriously and tend to keep the conversation interesting. Kudos to you... for now
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2020, 4:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Nah, unlike the other libtards on this side of the hemisphere, you don’t take yourself that seriously and tend to keep the conversation interesting. Kudos to you... for now
Silver tongued devil
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2020, 4:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Again. No one knows what to do with positivity. Thanks for proving my point AGAIN TODAY.
So, flat out lies is now cheerleading? Good to know. Confirms your ethics live at ground level.
Do you want America filling churches at Easter? Thats one of his other lies. I thought lying was for sinners? Country is in a pandemic, leadership has bungled the response from day one and continues to slow roll help. Watch what happens to the republican governed states of Miss., Florida and Texas over the next 2 weeks and then tell me about positivity. Cause its a hoax.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-26-2020, 4:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
So, flat out lies is now cheerleading? Good to know. Confirms your ethics live at ground level.
Do you want America filling churches at Easter? Thats one of his other lies. I thought lying was for sinners? Country is in a pandemic, leadership has bungled the response from day one and continues to slow roll help. Watch what happens to the republican governed states of Miss., Florida and Texas over the next 2 weeks and then tell me about positivity. Cause its a hoax.
You are simply a hateful little man
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-26-2020, 5:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
I found a photo of Delta decoding Trumps words using 4D chess pretzel logic.
You clearly don't have an answer. You are only around to be negative
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2020, 5:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
You are simply a hateful little man
Can you be a little more specific? The president is lying to Americans, slow to respond and suggesting to go back out in public too soon. who is hateful and little? Who is right, trump or fauci? it makes a difference, dont you think? Are you heading off to church on Easter? I missed your answer.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-26-2020, 5:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Can you be a little more specific? The president is lying to Americans, slow to respond and suggesting to go back out in public too soon. who is hateful and little? Who is right, trump or fauci? it makes a difference, dont you think? Are you heading off to church on Easter? I missed your answer.
you know zero about executive decisions. We have reacted faster than any country. They are reacting appropriately in a region by region area. The toll on the economy is enormous. There is going to be a point where about 75% of the country is going to say F you old people, we need to feed our families. Of course you rich people don't understand what normal working Americans go through.

Why would I go to church on easter. do you go to the lake on the 4th of July? Why go on the one day a year when all the people who never go to church decide they are finally going to go.

of course you heathens would not understand that your time on earth is a pimple on the a$$ of time and maybe peoples salvation is worth a little more than you rich peoples desperate grasp of physical objects.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-26-2020, 5:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
and btw you are lying to people because all these "orders" to stay home are technically unconstitutional.

Column: Here’s what’s wrong with Gov. Newsom’s stay-at-home order: It’s a legal mess

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...virus-covid-19

Are ‘Stay At Home’ Orders Constitutional?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/evanger.../#5c032deb104e

There are plenty of laws on the books that allow for these orders. But even emergency and health-protective laws have to be constitutional. The constitution protects our liberty in good times and bad and it explicitly provides for only very limited emergency power. It only allows the suspension of the ordinary judicial process in the event of war, invasion, or rebellion. Furthermore, this authority is granted to Congress and not to the president (even if he calls himself a “wartime president”) or to state and local governments. So even during this crisis, the states must obey the ordinary constitutional restrictions on their powers.

California Governor’s Stay-At-Home Order is Unconstitutional
https://www.ccn.com/california-gover...onstitutional/

The First Amendment to the Constitution guarantees “the right of the people peaceably to assemble.” The strict prohibition on any law abridging this right applies to state and local governments as well as Congress.

Under the Incorporation Doctrine (which applies the Bill of Rights to states through case law via the 14th Amendment), the Supreme Court has fully incorporated the First Amendment guarantees to place these strictures on the states.

There are not exceptions for emergencies in the constitution. Guarantees are guarantees. In a 1990 paper entitled, “Emergency in the Constitutional Law of the United States,” University of Missouri School of Law professor, William B. Fisch wrote:

Neither the term “emergency” nor any cognate of comparable generality appears in the text of the United States Constitution.

He also wrote:

the Constitution was intended to function in emergencies as well as in normal times, and therefore an emergency affords no excuse for deviating from its terms

Further, Fisch writes that there are three specific emergency power exceptions explicitly granted in the Constitution (in times of war and rebellion), “inviting the conclusion that the Framers intended no other exceptions to be recognized.”

Throughout the last century “emergencies” have been the pretext for despotic governments to step beyond their legitimate prerogatives.

Governments downplay the radical measures taken in emergencies as “temporary” the way California’s governor did with the stay-at-home order. But all too often policymakers do not retreat from precedents established in “emergencies.” Look no further than the post-9/11 regime.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-26-2020, 5:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
I can be a little more specific. Delta is right. You ARE a hateful little man. Like your sack-licking protege, you have zero sense of humor, you’re constantly negative, constantly bash anything conservative and then lie and call yourself a repub. Just read over your posts since this thing started. Your number one objective in every post is to show your hate and disdain for your Master, Trump. It’s compulsory to you. You’re like a mind-numbed robot. I could write almost all of your posts for you. All I have to do is turn on Don Lemon, Fredo Cuomo or Rachel Maddow and repeat their words.

As for Trump vs Fauci, all you leftists want to do is divide and conquer, so you try to pit one against the other-for the sake of humiliating Trump. The public sees through it, but that has never stopped you before (Russia, Mueller, Bidengate, impeachment). The truth is, every doctor HAS TO recommend people stay home until all threats are gone. Otherwise, they will get blamed for every Kung Flu sufferer afterwards.

Fortunately, they are not the judge of when people go back to work though. There has to be a decision made. People not working can be more deadly than getting the virus. Personally, Easter seems about right, but I’m no doctor and I’m not the Prez. I think certain mass gatherings like churches, movies, conventions etc should still be on hold. Don’t have a strong opinion on where to draw that line unless I had good stats to back it up. My own personal policy is to stay back from people and use hand sanitizer often.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-26-2020, 5:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Most of your post is just lies. Your protege is dragging you down with him.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-26-2020, 6:08 AM Reply   
See, 95, even a known libtard billionaire can be positive sometimes.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mark-c...irus-recession
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2020, 6:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
We have reacted faster than any country.
Can you help me out a little with this? Everything ive seen says the reverse. Open to any good news on this topic.
The only way ANY country has been able to get the virus under control is from extreme lockdowns. Much stronger than here. There STILL is no Nat'l shut down. Governors, mayors are leading the president. The fed is way slow and behind in testing, Nationalizing the supply chain. Governors are bidding against Fed and other countries on masks, and all PPE supplies. Disfunction helps no one. China locked down Wuhan, no one exited or entered a building without a temp check. If fever you were escorted to a quarantine center for testing, if positive you were sent to quarantine, not home. We are not doing nearly enough.
I am a normal American worker. Worked since I was 15. Self employed for 32 years. Not a single penny from the Gov't in my life. I have been home for 8-9 days. No problems with food, Im stocked. I got a bus in the yard to work on and keep busy. Epoxy prime this week. I got cash in the bank because im cheap, not rich.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2020, 6:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
See, 95, even a known libtard billionaire can be positive sometimes.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mark-c...irus-recession
I like Cuban, good NBA owner.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2020, 6:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Most of your post is just lies. Your protege is dragging you down with him.
Get specific. What did I lie about?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-26-2020, 6:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Can you help me out a little with this? Everything ive seen says the reverse. Open to any good news on this topic.
The only way ANY country has been able to get the virus under control is from extreme lockdowns. Much stronger than here. There STILL is no Nat'l shut down. Governors, mayors are leading the president. The fed is way slow and behind in testing, Nationalizing the supply chain. Governors are bidding against Fed and other countries on masks, and all PPE supplies. Disfunction helps no one. China locked down Wuhan, no one exited or entered a building without a temp check. If fever you were escorted to a quarantine center for testing, if positive you were sent to quarantine, not home. We are not doing nearly enough.
I am a normal American worker. Worked since I was 15. Self employed for 32 years. Not a single penny from the Gov't in my life. I have been home for 8-9 days. No problems with food, Im stocked. I got a bus in the yard to work on and keep busy. Epoxy prime this week. I got cash in the bank because im cheap, not rich.
Extreme lock downs are against the constitution for starters. What is going on right now is against the constitution. There will be lawsuits for damages.

The government is set up specifically for the states to self govern. That is how the system is supposed to work and the government even released centralized control of the testing in order to take advantage of the local resources that have been put into place.

Tested for a fever does nothing to stop anything. you are a carrier before and after the fever.

You constantly advocate for authoritarian practices. This is not the first case of it. That is why I say you and people with your mind set are so dangerous to democracy.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-26-2020, 6:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Get specific. What did I lie about?
It's been ongoing. Just off the top of my head...
1. Constantly saying he's been slow to respond to everything.
2. Claiming he's bungled everything from the start.
3. Implying he's not doing enough to secure PPE or all other supplies.
4. Generally acting like the sky is falling when it isn't.
5. Implying the fed is a first responder

Basically, just parroting the leftist media's efforts to induce mass panic and hysteria with the end game being to oust Trump and anyone else with a right-leaning world view.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-26-2020, 6:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Most people are cheap by the lack of income and artificial great weather, a industry such as hollywood bringing in untold world generated income to your area, sea ports and slave labor. most of America (and the world) do not have such luxuries. They (the American worker) tend to have the people in the big cities with their political and economic might chose to vote for internationalism and selling their jobs to the cheapest 3rd world despots in the name of getting cheap trinkets that end up at the dump in a year. Those people are living pay check to pay check and always have for the most part. California for all it's riches as I described has move much of its economy to a service economy. The unemployment surely will go over 20% or more. While I applaud your work ethic and ability to save, this simply is not the case for majority of Americans.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2020, 7:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Extreme lock downs are against the constitution for starters. What is going on right now is against the constitution. There will be lawsuits for damages.

The government is set up specifically for the states to self govern. That is how the system is supposed to work and the government even released centralized control of the testing in order to take advantage of the local resources that have been put into place.

Tested for a fever does nothing to stop anything. you are a carrier before and after the fever.

You constantly advocate for authoritarian practices. This is not the first case of it. That is why I say you and people with your mind set are so dangerous to democracy.
Lawsuits? Damages? you mean because they are still alive because of being forced to stay home? Or damages because they went out and died?
There is no other way to stop a virus than to shut down, somethings override 200 year old paper, is there a pandemic instructions page in the constitution?
The fed should shut down the country and nationalize distribution if they really want to save the economy, its what china did, see the difference in results yet?
If you are a carrier before fever...whats your idea? Chinas response worked.
Im in favor of doing whatever is necc to stop the spread and save the economy in the fastest way possible. If you want to label authoritarian, feel free to do that. Its the only thing that has been proven to work. Do you have a different idea? All ears. Shutting EVERYTHING down will give the economy the quickest path to recovery with the fewest casualties. I see that as humanitarian not authoritarian. Reasonable?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-26-2020, 7:08 AM Reply   
Quote:

Basically, just parroting the leftist media's efforts to induce mass panic and hysteria with the end game being to oust Trump and anyone else with a right-leaning world view.
Lie #6. Claiming to be "open to any good news on this topic."

Delta just posted the Johns Hopkins study showing the US was prepared better than any other country. You remained completely and predictably silent. Further proof that you're nothing more than a hate-spewing hack who's too stupid to cover his own tracks.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-26-2020, 7:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Lawsuits? Damages? you mean because they are still alive because of being forced to stay home? Or damages because they went out and died?
There is no other way to stop a virus than to shut down, somethings override 200 year old paper, is there a pandemic instructions page in the constitution?
The fed should shut down the country and nationalize distribution if they really want to save the economy, its what china did, see the difference in results yet?
If you are a carrier before fever...whats your idea? Chinas response worked.
Im in favor of doing whatever is necc to stop the spread and save the economy in the fastest way possible. If you want to label authoritarian, feel free to do that. Its the only thing that has been proven to work. Do you have a different idea? All ears. Shutting EVERYTHING down will give the economy the quickest path to recovery with the fewest casualties. I see that as humanitarian not authoritarian. Reasonable?
Love your reverence for the "200 year old paper." Wow. I realize it's nowhere near Scripture, but you just self-destructed there.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2020, 7:20 AM Reply   
Quote:

1, 2, 3 are all the same. I have dozens of sources to back up my opinion. Do you need to hear what and when he said "We have it very much under control", We have 15 cases, soon we will be down to zero, "I always knew this would be a pandemic" followed up with "Who knew it would be so bad".....
Why are you implying he reacted timely, did not bungle, PPE availability....
Sky isnt falling today, lack of response by this admin and the numbers will bare out the facts. You can tell my in 2 weeks the condition of the sky. In Italy they are re-purposing their hockey rinks as coroner fridges. Hospitals in Alabama are at capacity, New Orleans may be the hottest spot in the wrold right now. Mississippi, between those two states has no Stay at Home orders. Florida, land of retirees, no Stay at Home orders. Texas, too big to fail.
You mistakenly label the media as "leftist" when in fact it is simply the media as its always been. Be a realist and look strategically and logically. Is it better to over react today and do EVERYTHING we can now to slow the spread, save lives and get a vaccine. Downside is the economy takes a hit, less lives lost and we go back to work sooner rather than later. Or go the other direction, extend the virus, lose more people and kill the economy in a longer lasting heavier hit? Asking for a strategic and logical response, not political bs.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2020, 7:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Delta just posted the Johns Hopkins study showing the US was prepared better than any other country. You remained completely and predictably silent. Further proof that you're nothing more than a hate-spewing hack who's too stupid to cover his own tracks.
Silence is "Further truth...hate spewing hack too stupid to cover his own tracks" Thats a lot to get out of " ".
ok.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-26-2020, 7:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
1, 2, 3 are all the same. I have dozens of sources to back up my opinion. Do you need to hear what and when he said "We have it very much under control", We have 15 cases, soon we will be down to zero, "I always knew this would be a pandemic" followed up with "Who knew it would be so bad".....
Sky isnt falling today, lack of response by this admin and the numbers will bare out the facts. You can tell my in 2 weeks the condition of the sky. In Italy they are re-purposing their hockey rinks as coroner fridges. Hospitals in Alabama are at capacity, New Orleans may be the hottest spot in the wrold right now. Mississippi, between those two states has no Stay at Home orders. Florida, land of retirees, no Stay at Home orders. Texas, too big to fail.
You mistakenly label the media as "leftist" when in fact it is simply the media as its always been. Be a realist and look strategically and logically. Is it better to over react today and do EVERYTHING we can now to slow the spread, save lives and get a vaccine. Downside is the economy takes a hit, less lives lost and we go back to work sooner rather than later. Or go the other direction, extend the virus, lose more people and kill the economy in a longer lasting heavier hit? Asking for a strategic and logical response, not political bs.
Yep. Seems Trump was full of wake77 when he said a few things awhile back. Still doesn’t mitigate the fact that people would’ve never given up their freedom to assemble before a significant amount of people were affected. You see, denying human behavioral truths to gain politically is all you’re doing. I mean, your own real party called Trump a racist for closing the border to the Chinese! What do you think they would have done if he told everyone to stay home when only 20-30 people were affected here? We already got that answer when the liberals partied on the beach a few days ago.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2020, 7:44 AM Reply   
What makes you believe the idiots at the beach are liberals? Can you tell "one" by site?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2020, 7:46 AM Reply   
He is still saying "full of wake77" things. "full crowds at church on Easter"? "We are testing more than S.Korea" Proven false.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-26-2020, 7:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
His initial responses were given based on the info he had at the time. No one has a crystal ball and no one can unilaterally instantly force people to give up their freedom in a free country. You are expecting some third world dictator-like control to happen in our free US. Not gonna happen. Maybe it will in some years from now if your side keeps brainwashing our youth in public schools from K through college.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-26-2020, 7:50 AM Reply   
Did you expect him to Schitt out 10 million ventilators and 100 million N95 masks the first day he heard of the virus? Did Obummer hide his stockpile of these things and Trump can’t find it? Oh that’s right. Bathhouse Barry never had these things either. Hey we do know Fredo’s brother turned down 15,000 ventilators that were cheap at the time.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-26-2020, 7:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
He is still saying "full of wake77" things. "full crowds at church on Easter"? "We are testing more than S.Korea" Proven false.
Regarding Easter, I think he’s doing his best to be encouraging and prevent further panic. He’s trying to help us remember we will get through this, because we will. Maybe it’s his best effort to give us a morsel of hope, to string us along without freaking out. I don’t know, but there is an end to it and it’s coming soon. Summer is close and this virus doesn’t like heat. Side question: How many politicians do you listen to and hang on their every word exactly as stated? Do you have any ability to read through anything? Can you ever read anyone’s tone or body language in anyone besides your wife’s?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-26-2020, 8:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
What makes you believe the idiots at the beach are liberals? Can you tell "one" by site?
Yes. Small hands. Like a carnie. Smell like cabbage.

Please tell me you’re not that dishonest that you would ask that question seriously.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-26-2020, 8:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Regarding Easter, I think he’s doing his best to be encouraging and prevent further panic. He’s trying to help us remember we will get through this, because we will. Maybe it’s his best effort to give us a morsel of hope, to string us along without freaking out. I don’t know, but there is an end to it and it’s coming soon. Summer is close and this virus doesn’t like heat. Side question: How many politicians do you listen to and hang on their every word exactly as stated? Do you have any ability to read through anything? Can you ever read anyone’s tone or body language in anyone besides your wife’s?
How well do you think this country would be doing if he went around like the MSM with his hair on fire, acting like the world was ending? In other words, like your typical emotional liberal.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2020, 8:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
His initial responses were given based on the info he had at the time. No one has a crystal ball and no one can unilaterally instantly force people to give up their freedom in a free country. You are expecting some third world dictator-like control to happen in our free US. Not gonna happen. Maybe it will in some years from now if your side keeps brainwashing our youth in public schools from K through college.
He's the POTUS (better shortened to PUS) he has THE BEST info of everyone and anyone, daily briefings from the best professionals and CHOSE to go on bad instinct. The professionals have been "correcting" him daily in the updates. His plan seems to be to BS his way thru this like the grifter he is.
Tell me this. What is the national plan?
There is no consistent "message" to Americans. He is floundering. Flummoxed. We have had graphs posted here showing EXACTLEY what will happen. It is a KNOWN.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2020, 8:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
How well do you think this country would be doing if he went around like the MSM with his hair on fire, acting like the world was ending? In other words, like your typical emotional liberal.
Hairs not on fire. Every country that has had any success has shut down. They took stronger measures than the USA. Heed their experience is the call. Do what works. Stay at home. Is staying at home hair on fire? Just stay at home, doesnt seem too tough. Whats the problem here?
Its the lack of response that incites hair on fire.
Again MSM is just the normal typical everyday press. There are Dems and Repubs in the regular media not just left wing.
Breitbart
FOX
OAN
Daily Caller
all hard right wing outlets.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-26-2020, 8:46 AM Reply   
Pay special attention to what Fauci says here before you open you mouth any more.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...stancing-rules
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2020, 8:51 AM Reply   
"Aspirational"?
Im Aspirational that I can play center for the LA Lakers.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2020, 8:55 AM Reply   
Kaiser Health, They MSM or just a huge corporation?
March 18th, who is the PUS getting his info from?
https://khn.org/news/fact-check-pres...xperts-say-no/
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-26-2020, 8:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Pay special attention to what Fauci says here before you open you mouth any more.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...stancing-rules
I like this bit: "Coronavirus Task Force member Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Health, on Wednesday warned that the president's Easter timeline is “aspirational.”

Aspirational is code for "Bull$hit". I used used Delta's secret decoder ring to decipher it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-26-2020, 9:08 AM Reply   
It’s like I was saying about him cheerleading. I guess it’s over your head. Or more like you’ll stop at nothing to say whatever you can to take potshots. Just remember you’ve marginalized yourself by doing that.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2020, 9:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
It’s like I was saying about him cheerleading. I guess it’s over your head. Or more like you’ll stop at nothing to say whatever you can to take potshots. Just remember you’ve marginalized yourself by doing that.
The difference is that we back it up with reliable sourced info. I guess documentation is over your head.
Kaiser Health, They MSM or just a huge corporation?
March 18th, who is the PUS getting his info from?
https://khn.org/news/fact-check-pres...xperts-say-no/
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-26-2020, 9:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
It’s like I was saying about him cheerleading. I guess it’s over your head.
The point is for social distancing to work it has to be done consistently by a large proportion of the population. When you have the figurehead at the top flip flopping around on how important it is and suggesting it's going to end soon blah blah blah it doesn't motivate the population to comply. What happens when Easter comes, people are expecting to get some freedom and they say oh sorry changed our minds, you have to social distance for a bit longer. Answer: compliance drops and the hole things becomes ineffective. Enormous costs are born without the results and people start dying at a higher rate than necessary.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-26-2020, 9:37 AM Reply   
You guys are still not honest about that little problem of public compliance when there’s no dead bodies. You fools think people will just give up their freedom because Trump tells them to? Go F yourselves with your non-answer to that. No way, no how would people cooperate if Trump told them the boogie man was on his way and you better hide inside and make yourself scarce. Oh, and put yourself in the poorhouse while you’re at it too.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-26-2020, 9:50 AM Reply   
I'm very honest about the problem, I just brought it up. We are doing it now here, 2nd day we will see how we go here.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2020, 10:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
You guys are still not honest about that little problem of public compliance when there’s no dead bodies. You fools think people will just give up their freedom because Trump tells them to? Go F yourselves with your non-answer to that. No way, no how would people cooperate if Trump told them the boogie man was on his way and you better hide inside and make yourself scarce. Oh, and put yourself in the poorhouse while you’re at it too.
Educate yourself friend.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Freedom isnt free, it comes with responsibility. Are you responsible? I am.
We are all stay at home in CA. Why do you think anything different?
We use the term Covid-19, not "Boogie man". Adults get it. Kids get it. I walk everyday. Kids in the neighborhood with their big chalk writing all over. "Wash your Hands", "I love first responders", Stay Home, Stay Safe.... Kids are incredibly resilient. Ever drop one, I have. Now he is 23, graduating Cal State Fullerton this summer.
Why is it so hard for you?
Is it a money thing? You short on cash? Need a loan? This is why I fill coffee cans and bury them.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-27-2020, 2:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
You guys are still not honest about that little problem of public compliance when there’s no dead bodies.
Gotta say the scariest thing about this whole deal is going to the grocery store. People there, workers especially, are so blase about social distancing. Once everyone who works at the stores get sick, where we at? Aside maybe from healthcare workers, they are definitely at the highest risk, being in contact with the highest cross section of the population.

And don't get me started on the browsers who can't seem to look at anything without standing in the middle of the aisle and blocking others' progress. Haha I see grocery store visits as a targeted get-in-get-out-don't-get-coughed-on mission, and these folks wanna shop and chat.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-27-2020, 3:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Educate yourself friend.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Freedom isnt free, it comes with responsibility. Are you responsible? I am.
We are all stay at home in CA. Why do you think anything different?
We use the term Covid-19, not "Boogie man". Adults get it. Kids get it. I walk everyday. Kids in the neighborhood with their big chalk writing all over. "Wash your Hands", "I love first responders", Stay Home, Stay Safe.... Kids are incredibly resilient. Ever drop one, I have. Now he is 23, graduating Cal State Fullerton this summer.
Why is it so hard for you?
Is it a money thing? You short on cash? Need a loan? This is why I fill coffee cans and bury them.
Reaching. Reaching really hard there. Total ignorance or denial of what I’ve said about human behavior doesn’t mean it isn’t true. It is true. We are in unprecedented times. When you add up all of what I’ve said about this, it couldn’t be more clear the the left is nothing more than opportunistic, Monday morning QB’s. When you factor in the history of what the left has attempted the last 3-1/2 years, none of it is a surprise.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-27-2020, 3:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Gotta say the scariest thing about this whole deal is going to the grocery store. People there, workers especially, are so blase about social distancing. Once everyone who works at the stores get sick, where we at? Aside maybe from healthcare workers, they are definitely at the highest risk, being in contact with the highest cross section of the population.

And don't get me started on the browsers who can't seem to look at anything without standing in the middle of the aisle and blocking others' progress. Haha I see grocery store visits as a targeted get-in-get-out-don't-get-coughed-on mission, and these folks wanna shop and chat.
At the risk of sounding blasé myself, your odds of getting this are incredibly minute. Just try to follow protocol and live your life. I don’t know about you, but I’m super conscientious about coughing or sneezing around people and I have seasonal allergies which are just starting to kick in.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       03-27-2020, 3:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
The point is for social distancing to work it has to be done consistently by a large proportion of the population. When you have the figurehead at the top flip flopping around on how important it is and suggesting it's going to end soon blah blah blah it doesn't motivate the population to comply. What happens when Easter comes, people are expecting to get some freedom and they say oh sorry changed our minds, you have to social distance for a bit longer. Answer: compliance drops and the hole things becomes ineffective. Enormous costs are born without the results and people start dying at a higher rate than necessary.
I don't see how anyone could disagree with this statement. Leadership comes from the top. A consistent message is what we need. Talk about how America needs to band together and everyone needs to do their part. Talk about how great our country is and how we will beat this. Consitently push the narrative of the importance of staying home, distancing, etc. Just have a consistent message for Christ's sake.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-27-2020, 4:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Reaching. Reaching really hard there. Total ignorance or denial of what I’ve said about human behavior doesn’t mean it isn’t true. It is true. We are in unprecedented times. When you add up all of what I’ve said about this, it couldn’t be more clear the the left is nothing more than opportunistic, Monday morning QB’s. When you factor in the history of what the left has attempted the last 3-1/2 years, none of it is a surprise.
Seems there is only one person fighting, kicking, screaming they dont want to do the right thing. Staying home is the best response, seems pretty simple. We ARE in unprecedented times, calls for unprecedented response. I dont need to bring up the fact we are world leaders. Took DJT to make us the worlds most incompetent. But blame the opportunistic dems, cause we are in charge.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-27-2020, 5:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don't see how anyone could disagree with this statement. Leadership comes from the top. A consistent message is what we need. Talk about how America needs to band together and everyone needs to do their part. Talk about how great our country is and how we will beat this. Consitently push the narrative of the importance of staying home, distancing, etc. Just have a consistent message for Christ's sake.
Meh. To a certain degree, maybe. The way it looks to me, Trump is struggling internally to balance his concern for the public safety with the need for us all to keep working and not totally kill our economy. I would NOT want to be him right now. He’s pretty much screwed no matter what he does. It doesn’t help to already have well organized groups who hate you that now have new reasons to spread more hate. It’s like feeding more coal into the fire.

If we wait too long to go back to work, we’re gonna have people on the streets looting, robbing people and doing other crimes just to feed themselves. Pick any libtard city. I guarantee they will have major problems on their hands if this lockdown goes too much longer.