Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-24-2020, 7:26 AM Reply   
Trump's a genius - he said he was going to cut social security and medicare - he just didn't mention he was going to do it with a great greyhaired cull!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2020, 7:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
From 2015? Way to reach back....wayyyyyyyyyy back.
The public is complaining about the grifters response in Jan 2020, Feb 2020, March 2020. Not 5 years ago.
Does maddow bother you because shes a lesbian? or just smart?
What difference does the timing make? Huh? ZERO! What if the virus struck 5 years ago? Whatever helps you keep the narrative, right? Orange man bad. We get it. Have you seen a doctor yet for your TDS? I hear the recommended treatment may require a ventilator so you might be in trouble. Oh, if Maddow is so smart, why is she a libtard?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2020, 7:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Trump's a genius - he said he was going to cut social security and medicare - he just didn't mention he was going to do it with a great greyhaired cull!
Ha! Good one. Time to release the dead weight. Speaking of which, where's fly? Maybe he got the plague...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2020, 8:28 AM Reply   
Hey since the virus doesn't like heat and Trump is causing global warming, shouldn't he be getting attaboys pretty soon from the left for single-handedly finding the virus cure? See? I'm always good for finding the silver lining in things.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-24-2020, 9:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
A recession in America is eminent and it's Leaders comment to why the professional athletes can get tested, but a health worker cannot is,"That's Life!" TrumpTards do not fret, the Idiot in chief's numbers are still up,
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
Americans depend on jobs to live, how high will the unemployment rate go? How many lives will be lost in a recession? I am thinking more lives than the coronavirus can kill. We will have more homeless, universal income is looking pretty good now.
Looks like tRump has a hunch that a recession will cost more lives than the virus, a few hours After I posted my comment, tRump said at the white house briefing,

“Uh, you have suicides over things like this, when you have terrible economies, you have death, uh probably and I mean definitely would be in far greater numbers than the numbers that we’re talking about with regard to the virus”
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-24-2020, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
What difference does the timing make? Huh? ZERO! What if the virus struck 5 years ago? Whatever helps you keep the narrative, right? Orange man bad. We get it. Have you seen a doctor yet for your TDS? I hear the recommended treatment may require a ventilator so you might be in trouble. Oh, if Maddow is so smart, why is she a libtard?
Its pretty simple. Were we in a Pandemic 5 years ago? no, we were not. Are we in a pandemic while trump was down playing it? yes. Look back at all the foolish things HE said, no one else, its why HE gets blame.
We have it very much under control. Soon we will be down to zero. No one knew this could happen. I always knew how bad it is.
Shes a Rhodes Scholar. Many of the sharpest minds in the country are liberal..
TDS, you cant stop repeating it. Ive concluded you have it. You cant live your life w/o praising him, everything depends on him. He is all you can think about. Your only purpose here is to defend the trump. Get behind that big butt, Exhale, get your nose up as far as you can, inhale. relief.
Go home little boy and take the GOP advice. Get out your hair dryer and heat up the virus in your nostrils. GOP advice #2, go get the aquarium cleaner... cause they are so smart.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-24-2020, 11:27 AM Reply   
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9415641.html
Why didn't she just go to the free country hospital Delta?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2020, 3:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Its pretty simple. Were we in a Pandemic 5 years ago? no, we were not. Are we in a pandemic while trump was down playing it? yes. Look back at all the foolish things HE said, no one else, its why HE gets blame.
We have it very much under control. Soon we will be down to zero. No one knew this could happen. I always knew how bad it is.
TDS, you cant stop repeating it. Ive concluded you have it. You cant live your life w/o praising him, everything depends on him. He is all you can think about. Your only purpose here is to defend the trump. Get behind that big butt, Exhale, get your nose up as far as you can, inhale. relief.
Go home little boy and take the GOP advice. Get out your hair dryer and heat up the virus in your nostrils. GOP advice #2, go get the aquarium cleaner... cause they are so smart.
Weak. Weak attempt to change the subject. Weak non-attempt to even hide your TDS. Give it up. you've been outed. You keep losing. You're in a hole. Stop digging yourself deeper.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2020, 3:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Why don't you ask her? Maybe she did. Either way, Medicaid works retroactively if she qualifies. NEXT!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-24-2020, 4:03 PM Reply   
Trump Covid-19 history
At 15 cases: Within a couple of days, it'll be close to zero.
At 9,000 cases: It's a war. It's a very tough situation.
At 46,000 cases: We're safe. Let's reopen America.
Lol, very stable genius indeed.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2020, 5:10 PM Reply   
Now that he’s out there, being the latest Monday morning QB, where was Bill Gates in January sounding the alarm? Especially after his October Event 201 or whatever it was called IN WUHAN CHINA!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2020, 5:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Trump Covid-19 history
Where were Governors Coumo, Newsom or Inslee in January? You know, the ones who have applied some new bans and recommendations? Where’s their Covid-19 history? Hmm? Where was the mayor of my city or the heads of my county? It’s their plans that are now implemented. Not any federal plan. You turd burglars want to keep blaming Trump and aren’t even honest enough to apply blame where it actually goes! Get this through your fat heads: THE FEDS ARE NOT FIRST RESPONDERS!

Why aren’t any of you libtards able to put your TDS on hold long enough to be honest about things? Not one of you have done anything, but continue the coup attempt and try to tear the country apart. Btw, we WILL need to get back to work pretty soon. Even if people have to keep distances as best as possible and make some behavioral changes. If that means we have to keep our older family members indoors and do their shopping for them for the next few months, so be it. We shouldn’t be shutting down the whole country for much longer.

Also, the death rates are more like -1% now. Not 3%+ like you guys were saying last week. Pretty close to regular flu numbers.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2020, 5:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
If he would have picked up those ventilators on the cheap 4-5 years ago, they’d have them right now and would have extra left over now, wouldn’t he? Silly rabbit. There’s no short expiration date on equipment like that. Now, he’s gotta wait in line and pay hotel mini-bar prices for them while watching his people die. Nice move, Andrew! What a great leader with tremendous vision you are! Not! Bout as smart as Fredo.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-24-2020, 5:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Now that he’s out there, being the latest Monday morning QB, where was Bill Gates in January sounding the alarm? Especially after his October Event 201 or whatever it was called IN WUHAN CHINA!
He has been sounding the alarm since March 2015 idiot:
https://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gates...y?language=tlh
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-24-2020, 5:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Also, the death rates are more like -1% now. Not 3%+ like you guys were saying last week. Pretty close to regular flu numbers.
Flu morality is 0.1% ie 10x less.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2020, 5:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Oh 2015. You mean like when Coumo had that sweet deal on ventilators that he turned down? BFD. Show me the link where he warned the US to shut down because of the Kung Flu. It doesn’t exist, moron.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2020, 5:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Flu morality is 0.1% ie 10x less.
...and you think all Kung Flu cases are reported? Nice try. This thing is FAR less dangerous than reported.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2020, 6:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah. He’s trying to start pushing all kinds of vaccinations. He’s dirty. There’s a lot we don’t know about his goals. A LOT.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-24-2020, 6:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah. He’s trying to start pushing all kinds of vaccinations. He’s dirty. There’s a lot we don’t know about his goals. A LOT.
Are you an anti-vaxer? That would explain a lot.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-24-2020, 6:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
...and you think all Kung Flu cases are reported? Nice try. This thing is FAR less dangerous than reported.
So when you said flu mortality rate was 1% what did you actually mean?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2020, 6:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Are you an anti-vaxer? That would explain a lot.
It would if I was, but I’m not. I just got the shingles vaccine last year. I still don’t trust him for some reason. I did enjoy the Netflix three part series on him though.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2020, 6:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
So when you said flu mortality rate was 1% what did you actually mean?
That’s what I thought it was. I believe we have many more Kung Flu cases than reported. I also believe we should still keep old folks in quarantine and let the rest of the country get back to work in a couple weeks with some new behavior standards. I think people that need money because of this should get government-backed loans, not handouts. Banks can let people defer payments for a month or two and let the interest be paid on the back end of loans. I have serious reservations about Trump’s bailout/stimulus plan.

Fun fact: I flew to Seattle 14 days ago for a family memorial service and spent 6 days in large groups. My sister lives 10 miles from Kirkland, WA where all the deaths were. We even ate dinner at the airport on our way home. Everyone in my large family is still all good. Cover your cough, wash and sanitize your hands and don’t get too close to strangers.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-24-2020, 6:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
That’s what I thought it was.
So now you know it's 10x less than you thought it doesn't change your opinion?

Last edited by ralph; 03-24-2020 at 6:54 PM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2020, 7:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
So know you know it's 10x less than you thought it doesn't change your opinion?
Yep, that’s different than I thought, but the bigger point I was making was that the Kung Flu is only a third as deadly as was earlier stated. More noteworthy is the age of the bucket-kicking victims being so old or having unfavorable pre-existing conditions. In other words, this thing has been blown up bigger than it should have been. I’m nowhere near the liberals on the beach level of not-concerned, but I’m also not at the Don Lemon and Fredo Cuomo panic level either.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-24-2020, 7:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yep, that’s different than I thought, but the bigger point I was making was that the Kung Flu is only a third as deadly as was earlier stated. More noteworthy is the age of the bucket-kicking victims being so old or having unfavorable pre-existing conditions. In other words, this thing has been blown up bigger than it should have been. I’m nowhere near the liberals on the beach level of not-concerned, but I’m also not at the Don Lemon and Fredo Cuomo panic level either.
It's always going to be difficult to nail down mortality and R-0 with a new virus, especially when the mortality is selective. One thing to keep in mind when the rate of cases is rising exponentially and the mortality takes 2-4 weeks it makes the death rate more favorable initially because the number of cases grows rapidly and the death rate for those cases lags way behind.

But regardless your personal risk is low, it's systemic risk that is the real danger.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2020, 8:08 PM Reply   
Well, I guess we can all just watch and see what the Trump alternative would be here. Way to lead by example, Joe!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...our_elbow.html
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-24-2020, 8:10 PM Reply   
Biden version of social distancing.
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-25-2020, 1:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
it shouldn't come as a surprise because I made the very same point to you last week. Further, getting the death rate of the flu to 0.1% means you take the greatest number of possible deaths and the fewest number of cases. Actual death rate could be half that. So if you are going to play the "more people have it than are being reported" card, you've got to do it for both diseases.

The real factors regarding death rate appear to be age of victims and how strapped the medical system gets. Italy's death rate is more like 10%, but the avg age of victims is quite old, and their system is overwhelmed.

I think we are going to see something like what Mark suggests ... a gradual return to work with social distancing becoming the new normal. That's probably going to result in a follow-on spike in cases, but hopefully our medical system will have caught up by then, at least on supplies?

Not sure when even the most skeptical of us are going to want to get a haircut or massage or have a dentist in our grill, let alone go to a crowded bar or restaurant.

Concerts? Sporting events? MAGA rallies? I think you are gonna see depressed attendance at large congregations of humanity for many years.

Last edited by shawndoggy; 03-25-2020 at 1:21 AM.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 1:39 AM Reply   
Agree on that. Now, do any of you dems think we’d be better off with this?

https://deadline.com/2020/03/joe-bid...se-1202891856/
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-25-2020, 3:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Agree on that. Now, do any of you dems think we’d be better off with this?

https://deadline.com/2020/03/joe-bid...se-1202891856/
Yes, because it will be his VP that takes over. Joe is just a political prop, a poster, a name, a recognizable face. His mind however, appears to be soup.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 3:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
yep. Why didn't she? Why has she not performed her duty and signed up for a medical plan that she was eligible for? Does she actually have to pay the bill? Lot's of missing info in that article.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 3:42 AM Reply   
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-...-found-in-2019

US was more prepared for pandemic than any other country, Johns Hopkins study found

The United States was ranked the best-prepared country in the world to handle a pandemic in late 2019 by the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) and the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security (JHCHS) -- an assessment seemingly at odds with claims by Democrats that the Trump administration left the country vulnerable to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 3:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Trump Covid-19 history
That's funny. He never said that. He said over and over again that they need to weigh where they are after this shutdown. They need to see where they cases are vs the economy. He laid it out pretty simple. The doctors would weigh to shut down forever until the virus is gone. The regular American or business person does not want to starve in the street for 1% or less of the population. As people get infected and then survive, there will be less and less of a set of the population will be sick thus the 1% rate will be even lower.

I think it is a very pragmatic way to approach it.

didn't new zeland shut the borders? How racist of you.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 3:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post

US was more prepared for pandemic than any other country, Johns Hopkins study found

The United States was ranked the best-prepared country in the world to handle a pandemic in late 2019 by the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) and the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security (JHCHS) -- an assessment seemingly at odds with claims by Democrats that the Trump administration left the country vulnerable to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
Whoa. Easy now with that kind of info. We’ve got some WW libs here whose heads might explode with that kind of narrative-killing knowledge.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-25-2020, 4:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Where were Governors Coumo, Newsom or Inslee in January? You know, the ones who have applied some new bans and recommendations? Where’s their Covid-19 history? Hmm? Where was the mayor of my city or the heads of my county? It’s their plans that are now implemented. Not any federal plan. You turd burglars want to keep blaming Trump and aren’t even honest enough to apply blame where it actually goes! Get this through your fat heads: THE FEDS ARE NOT FIRST RESPONDERS!

Why aren’t any of you libtards able to put your TDS on hold long enough to be honest about things? Not one of you have done anything, but continue the coup attempt and try to tear the country apart. Btw, we WILL need to get back to work pretty soon. Even if people have to keep distances as best as possible and make some behavioral changes. If that means we have to keep our older family members indoors and do their shopping for them for the next few months, so be it. We shouldn’t be shutting down the whole country for much longer.

Not sure how you do it ...but you do. You get dumber everyday. Everyone of those governors led the virus response, not the grifter. The dip**** in the WH STILL hasn't called for a Nat'l shutdown. Not having a Nat'l plan is a Failure. His Easter plan will not happen. Just because he has no problem stepping over dead bodies on the ground doesnt make it the national opinion. And you ARE a minority. You talk about death rates like its an everyday occurrence. The only one hanging on to his TDS is you. We dont need your outdated economic advise either. You seem to be pretty far out on the branch by yourself. Dont fall.

Stay Home, Stay Safe.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-25-2020, 5:30 AM Reply   
Quote:

Let’s assume that the study is completely accurate. Being prepared and executing successfully can be mutually exclusive.

Or to say another way, it’s possible to be prepared and still screw up.

There are clearly a whole bunch of very tough judgment calls being made by fed, state and local officials right now. Opportunities to flub abound.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 5:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Not sure how you do it ...but you do. You get dumber everyday. Everyone of those governors led the virus response, not the grifter. The dip**** in the WH STILL hasn't called for a Nat'l shutdown. Not having a Nat'l plan is a Failure. His Easter plan will not happen. Just because he has no problem stepping over dead bodies on the ground doesnt make it the national opinion. And you ARE a minority. You talk about death rates like its an everyday occurrence. The only one hanging on to his TDS is you. We dont need your outdated economic advise either. You seem to be pretty far out on the branch by yourself. Dont fall.

Stay Home, Stay Safe.
HAHAHA..... wow. So lacking in self awareness.
Quote:
You talk about death rates like its an everyday occurrence.

According to the United Nations World Population Prospects report, approximately 7,452 people die every day in the United States. In other words, a person dies in the US approximately every 12 seconds.Mar 5, 2018

I am pretty sure deaths do happen every day. It is actually very normal and extremely common.

Quote:
The dip**** in the WH STILL hasn't called for a Nat'l shutdown.
Why the hell would you shut down the entire country when not all the country is impacted? Europe has not shut down and however several countries have closed their border crossings. There is no expectation that the virus is going to be stopped but the stated goal is to flatten the curve of the most severe cases to overwhelm the local hospitals. If a region is not being impacted why also cripple peoples ability to work? You also have to realize that you may not want to do that as those other parts of the county may be the ones providing your goods. The reason for localized shut downs is not to stop the virus but to lessen hospital load. So again, why would Trump shut down the country? He has deferred to the local governments to control their local situations. You know, the whole way this is set up to work. Again, the federal government only has 2 knobs. Throw money at it or take away your rights.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 5:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Let’s assume that the study is completely accurate. Being prepared and executing successfully can be mutually exclusive.

Or to say another way, it’s possible to be prepared and still screw up.

There are clearly a whole bunch of very tough judgment calls being made by fed, state and local officials right now. Opportunities to flub abound.
Then admit there are tough decisions and support it. This is a once in 100 year event. We never even had to really endure this during the most deadly wars in the history of humanity. We only had to ramp up production for a near decade engagement in the case of WW2. I saw earlier someone references our ramp up to WW2. Well, before the actual engagement with the US directly we were supplying Britain with equipment and were in a defacto war as our destroyers would run with the shipping to Europe and have to engage german subs. Point is, it was not like the US went into war footing without an actual known enemy on the horizon. We just did not create and keep up full war production just for the sake of war production. Just like you don't keep a full complement of staff employed on a permanent basis to be able to instantly service 330 million people just in case there is a 100 year event.

one thing this type of issue does bring up and we have talked about it many times here, is the cost of regulation on the medical industry. Are we too tight? Is it companies lobbying for protectionism of their products? Are we to quality centric? They need to go back and measure again.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 5:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
HAHAHA..... wow. So lacking in self awareness.

According to the United Nations World Population Prospects report, approximately 7,452 people die every day in the United States. In other words, a person dies in the US approximately every 12 seconds.Mar 5, 2018

I am pretty sure deaths do happen every day. It is actually very normal and extremely common.

Why the hell would you shut down the entire country when not all the country is impacted? Europe has not shut down and however several countries have closed their border crossings. There is no expectation that the virus is going to be stopped but the stated goal is to flatten the curve of the most severe cases to overwhelm the local hospitals. If a region is not being impacted why also cripple peoples ability to work? You also have to realize that you may not want to do that as those other parts of the county may be the ones providing your goods. The reason for localized shut downs is not to stop the virus but to lessen hospital load. So again, why would Trump shut down the country? He has deferred to the local governments to control their local situations. You know, the whole way this is set up to work. Again, the federal government only has 2 knobs. Throw money at it or take away your rights.
As you know, 95 is our left wing parrot village idiot who has always had the worst case of TDS on this entire forum. He’s often not worthy of a response unless you’re really bored.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-25-2020, 5:55 AM Reply   
Quote:

Do those deaths double every 4 days? Dont be a fool and use the strawman again. The deaths i am talking about are doubling in a few days. You talk about hospital loads, do you know we WILL be over loaded all across the country.
Calling this virus racist terms means you choose to be racist. Stop it. Its Covid-19, Coronavirus.
Several governers are WAY BEHIND. The southern states, bible belt will pay a heavy price for their stupidity. Do you know whats up in New Orleans? Florida? Trump is killing off his voters, they may remember in Nov.
If you look at your own graph from FOX...did you see Sapin and France were also very highly rated, Italy was moderate, #31. Feel safe.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 5:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
As you know, 95 is our left wing parrot village idiot who has always had the worst case of TDS on this entire forum. He’s often not worthy of a response unless you’re really bored.
Wait, wait, wait..... You mean to tell me that SN is a left wing parrot? He said he was a Republican. wow. I wonder how many things I can believe now.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 6:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Do those deaths double every 4 days? Dont be a fool and use the strawman again. The deaths i am talking about are doubling in a few days. You talk about hospital loads, do you know we WILL be over loaded all across the country.
Calling this virus racist terms means you choose to be racist. Stop it. Its Covid-19, Coronavirus.
Several governers are WAY BEHIND. The southern states, bible belt will pay a heavy price for their stupidity. Do you know whats up in New Orleans? Florida? Trump is killing off his voters, they may remember in Nov.
If you look at your own graph from FOX...did you see Sapin and France were also very highly rated, Italy was moderate, #31. Feel safe.
Racists Terms? Are you serious? Calling something or someone a actual descriptor from where it or they are from is racist now? you liberals really want to die on that sword? You are the GD party that literally describes every single thing in the country by either color or race. You know, you are right. If we define things by race or color, then you are a racist. About time you democrats know who you are.

Have we overloaded the hospitals in the most dense populated area in the country? If you are going to over load them, those are the places you are going to do it. You have people literally crawling all over each other daily with actually quite few hospitals.

Again, the models for virus spread is fairly well known. There is no need to shut down America if the foot of the curve has not hit an area. you shut it down as you start or somewhere on the uptick to flatten the curve. In absense of a cure, the only way you get rid of something is for everyone or an large percentage of people to catch it. or you hope it simply dies out. So you think it is a good idea to shut down kentucky for 6 months while you only shut down California for a month while people in Kentucky wait for the virus to finally make it to them in mass?

Trump is killing off his voters? If you want to be technical again, liberals live in the high density areas. Most other places have low population density thus a natural social distance and wait for it....... They actually have hospitals in rural areas.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 6:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
It’s clear one of those pieces of falling sky hit you VERY hard in the head.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 6:23 AM Reply   
Serious question: which hospitals are currently overloaded? Is there one or more in NYC? I’m wondering if/when we’re gonna see pics or video of crowded hallways with people on ventilators. Maybe 95 can tell us.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-25-2020, 6:38 AM Reply   
Atlanta....
https://www.cbs46.com/news/atlanta-m...9aadecb3b.html

Vandy trying to get ahead of the curve by building ICU's in their parking garages...
https://www.fox13news.com/news/vande...parking-garage

Italy is having roughly the equivilent of 2 full plane crashes a day...
https://thehill.com/policy/internati...ses-in-one-day

We are in the eye of the storm.

Last edited by lesstalkmoreride; 03-25-2020 at 6:43 AM.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 7:12 AM Reply   
So you have 2 cases in America. One is only doing it as a "potential" measure. Why? Because they know they are not in it yet, thus why shut down? They are trying to be prepared. They are not overloaded.

Atlanta, the article states they are at capacity because people are showing up that are not sick with corona virus. They are not overloaded and unable to keep up. They are at capacity and if people stay home, they too will be ok.

why do we call it corona virus? We want people to hate mexicans and their beer? Freaking racists of the world!!! We just need to ban words. Everyone is now just a symbol.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 7:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesstalkmoreride View Post
Atlanta....
https://www.cbs46.com/news/atlanta-m...9aadecb3b.html

Vandy trying to get ahead of the curve by building ICU's in their parking garages...
https://www.fox13news.com/news/vande...parking-garage

Italy is having roughly the equivilent of 2 full plane crashes a day...
https://thehill.com/policy/internati...ses-in-one-day

We are in the eye of the storm.
Also, just look at the Italy article. They are showing you part of the issue right there. They have some dude with a stick measuring someones head for fever in close proximity with just a simple mask on. No gloves or anything. Not sure that is a way to go about it.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-25-2020, 7:33 AM Reply   
"why do we call it corona virus? We want people to hate mexicans and their beer? Freaking racists of the world!!! We just need to ban words. Everyone is now just a symbol."

That is among the dumbest things I have ever heard, and marky mark has a big mouth on here.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2020, 7:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Serious question: which hospitals are currently overloaded? Is there one or more in NYC? I’m wondering if/when we’re gonna see pics or video of crowded hallways with people on ventilators. Maybe 95 can tell us.
Serious answer, whether they are overloaded today is not question, the question is are they going to be overloaded today, tomorrow, next week, next month because what gets done today doesn't show up for 3-4 weeks.

Look at the growth curve for active cases, its currently doubling around every 3 days. If 5% of these people need hospital care what happens if this curve doesn't start to flatten? What is being done to flatten the curve?
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 8:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
"why do we call it corona virus? We want people to hate mexicans and their beer? Freaking racists of the world!!! We just need to ban words. Everyone is now just a symbol."

That is among the dumbest things I have ever heard, and marky mark has a big mouth on here.
Out of Tide Pods again? So soon? Oh wait, that’s right, the tattoo parlor is closed. Of course you didn’t get his sarcastic joke because you’re a Lib with no sense of humor like all of you. Boy, what’s that like to be a tattooed Tide Pod eater and a libtard with no sense of humor? Rough combo.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 8:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Serious answer, whether they are overloaded today is not question, the question is are they going to be overloaded today, tomorrow, next week, next month because what gets done today doesn't show up for 3-4 weeks.

Look at the growth curve for active cases, its currently doubling around every 3 days. If 5% of these people need hospital care what happens if this curve doesn't start to flatten? What is being done to flatten the curve?
I get it. I just didn’t know if there are any overloaded hospitals right now. If you watch or read anything from the MSM, it’s like they’re all busting at the seams already.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-25-2020, 8:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Out of Tide Pods again? So soon? Oh wait, that’s right, the tattoo parlor is closed. Of course you didn’t get his sarcastic joke because you’re a Lib with no sense of humor like all of you. Boy, what’s that like to be a tattooed Tide Pod eater and a libtard with no sense of humor? Rough combo.
Ahhh, of course you'd come back to quickly retake the title of greatest idiot alive. Congrats boomer!

And you forgot to unshun.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-25-2020, 8:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Racists Terms? Are you serious? Calling something or someone a actual descriptor from where it or they are from is racist now? you liberals really want to die on that sword? You are the GD party that literally describes every single thing in the country by either color or race. You know, you are right. If we define things by race or color, then you are a racist. About time you democrats know who you are.
Point out ANY science expert CDC, WHO, US Public health, Epidemic Intelligence service, Office of Laboratory Science....ANY one using the racist term? Any of them? Thats why its racist. It is only ONE group using it. The group looking for a scapegoat.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 8:18 AM Reply   
Quote:

Exactly. now quit being a democrat stooge because that this the type of chit democrats say about every single human condition. It is racist because of this or that. now a virus description is racist because someone called it by where it actually came from. It does sound very stupid and I am glad you can actually see it. There is hope.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-25-2020, 8:25 AM Reply   
My apologies for missing the sarcasm, can be difficult without context.

As noted above, only the racists use that language to describe it.
Professionals do not refer to the geographic origin as a title because that is irrelevant for nomenclature purposes.
One can assert that it originated in China, which is correct, but it is not a "X virus."
It is a delicate, but important distinction for non-racists.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 8:27 AM Reply   
Quote:

What is being done? We have shut down a good portion of our country. The largest population centers are pretty much shut down. So now what?

If there is no cure, then the only thing you can do is remove peoples civil rights to assemble. That is pretty much it. When you do that, you kill peoples ability to feed their families and create a potential debt hole that many people may not be able to recover. That market could be saturated. Now you have more people going bankrupt than the market can traditional handle as well. So, you throw money at it from the government perspective.

As far as hospitals, you can only take away peoples rights to flatten the curve. In the mean time, you short cut many regulations that normally keeps companies from getting into the medical manufacturing to begin with. Now the cure may not be as safe as it once was but what do you do when the patient is critical? How safe is safe and does it matter at that point?

They have done both things. Shut down sections of the county (our rights) and throw money at it. Sound familiar to something I said a couple weeks ago? What else do you think is going to happen?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 8:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Point out ANY science expert CDC, WHO, US Public health, Epidemic Intelligence service, Office of Laboratory Science....ANY one using the racist term? Any of them? Thats why its racist. It is only ONE group using it. The group looking for a scapegoat.
And THAT, my friends is how dangerous and pervasive PC has become. Thanks for proving that!
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:

Professionals do not refer to the geographic origin as a title because that is irrelevant for nomenclature purposes.
One can assert that it originated in China, which is correct, but it is not a "X virus."
Then why do you democrats always relay any issue in terms of color or race? How many times can we go on TV and see democrat talk about white people?

In the Engineering and Science world, a discovery is very often described by none scientific identifiers. Usually by a person who discovered it and not by a scientific term.

Have you ever said the word "Asprin"? If you have then you are basically doing the same thing. It is not the scientific name. Acetylsalicylic acid is what you are consuming not Asprin.

I am sure you have referred to slavery as being done by white people, but it was actually perpetrated by all different colors of people including black people.

You ever said Mexican Drug Cartels? If you did you are a racist by your own stick in your eye.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:

It actually takes the possession of a sense of humor to get things like that. You have been weighed and measured... and you have come up short.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 8:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
So where did the virus originate? Don't say it because you are a racist.

Which country hid this from the world and silenced/ murdered anyone who tried to tell the world about the virus from within the country of origin? Don't say it or you are a racist.

Which counties high up government official said that the virus originated from the US military and much much later said countries diplomat distanced himself from the person saying it? Don't say or your are a racist.

I guess it was ok with you America haters to have the country who's piss poor practices caused the virus to put it out to the world that the US planted the virus.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2020, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Then why do you democrats always relay any issue in terms of color or race? How many times can we go on TV and see democrat talk about white people?

In the Engineering and Science world, a discovery is very often described by none scientific identifiers. Usually by a person who discovered it and not by a scientific term.

Have you ever said the word "Asprin"? If you have then you are basically doing the same thing. It is not the scientific name. Acetylsalicylic acid is what you are consuming not Asprin.

I am sure you have referred to slavery as being done by white people, but it was actually perpetrated by all different colors of people including black people.

You ever said Mexican Drug Cartels? If you did you are a racist by your own stick in your eye.
Kinda like how he always needs to change his Kotex. Good job illustrating for the handicapped.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-25-2020, 8:50 AM Reply   
A lot of assumptions there my friend.

CHINA and CHINESE are not inherently bad words.

For example, I love Chinese food. That does castigate an entire population. The virus reference is meant to insult and demean.

To be clear, to hell with the Chinese leadership. Not all Chinese people are responsible for atrocities.

It shouldn't be that hard to sort this out.

Last edited by lesstalkmoreride; 03-25-2020 at 8:54 AM.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 8:52 AM Reply   
Quote:

Then why do you assume the worst in others for using a perfectly fine descriptor especially when said country literally said our country planted the virus.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 8:54 AM Reply   
Quote:

Also, why do you think I am making assumptions on where the virus came from and how the corona virus creates itself? They know exactly when and where it started. There are many people who are on the ground as the virus was taking hold in china that documented that people they were in contact with about the virus early on where silenced and simply disappeared.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-25-2020, 8:58 AM Reply   
Its being used in such a manner by rascists as a petty political weapon. A dog whistle.
It tickles that reptilian part of some peoples brain.
Your dude finally realized this and at least superficially backtracked.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 8:58 AM Reply   
Quote:

For example, I love Chinese food. That does castigate an entire population. The virus reference is meant to insult and demean.

To be clear, to hell with the Chinese leadership. Not all Chinese people are responsible for atrocities.

It shouldn't be that hard to sort this out.
You people are the only ones feeling like saying the word "China" or "Chinese" is blaming a billion people for atrocities. YOU PEOPLE are the only ones saying something like that. Have there been some sort of interment camps set up like the last time a democrat was in charge of a world emergency? You need to re-evalulate your own lives if saying where a virus originated is hating a race of people. I hate the chinese government but I know and like many chinese people that I work with. So what is the beef?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Its being used in such a manner by rascists as a petty political weapon. A dog whistle.
It tickles that reptilian part of some peoples brain.
Your dude finally realized this and at least superficially backtracked.
sounds like the only ones using it as a political weapon is democrats. I am fully capable of saying Chinese and very much know we are talking about their communist leadership that publicly tried to blame the US for the outbreak. You certainly don't care that they tried to keep it quiet then blamed us for it.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2020, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
And THAT, my friends is how dangerous and pervasive PC has become. Thanks for proving that!
The CDC stopped naming virus by their origin in 2015. For good reason.
https://www.who.int/mediacentre/news...w-diseases/en/
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
The CDC stopped naming virus by their origin in 2015. For good reason.
https://www.who.int/mediacentre/news...w-diseases/en/
So an organization that started in 1946 only stopped this practice 5 years ago and now you are pissed off at it?

We had one political party (the CHINESE Communist Party) blame the US of creating and planting the virus in China. I don't give two rats a$$ what Trump calls it in regards to China's feelings. China made it political and did not take responsibility for it. We are in a trade war with them. They also made official statements in the state run news that they are looking at cutting of the US from medicine. I say use whatever term you have to use to win that battle against them.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-25-2020, 9:11 AM Reply   
Why don’t you ask your Chinese friends what they think?

I’m sorry dude, but I don’t have the time to teach you the intricacies of being a decent human being.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2020, 9:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
They have done both things. Shut down sections of the county (our rights) and throw money at it. Sound familiar to something I said a couple weeks ago? What else do you think is going to happen?
No that's pretty much it. What's important is that people in charge listen to medical advise and manage the situation properly. Balancing the medical and economic pressure is an impossible task.

But what I will say is the economy will recover, dead people will not. If the medical system gets overwhelmed and the death rate gets out of control it will crash the economy anyway. IMO the best strategy is to buy time with social distancing until medical solutions are developed. Encouraging people to go to church for Easter seems retarded.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Why don’t you ask your Chinese friends what they think?

I’m sorry dude, but I don’t have the time to teach you the intricacies of being a decent human being.
That is what being a decent human is now? We have raised a whole generation of pu$$ies. pure and simple.

Have you ever said Mexican Drug Cartels? Yes or no?
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-25-2020, 9:14 AM Reply   
No
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-25-2020, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
So an organization that started in 1946 only stopped this practice 5 years ago and now you are pissed off at it?

We had one political party (the CHINESE Communist Party) blame the US of creating and planting the virus in China. I don't give two rats a$$ what Trump calls it in regards to China's feelings. China made it political and did not take responsibility for it. We are in a trade war with them. They also made official statements in the state run news that they are looking at cutting of the US from medicine. I say use whatever term you have to use to win that battle against them.
I'm not pissed off, I just think that we know a better way so seems backwards to not use it.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       03-25-2020, 9:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Also, why do you think I am making assumptions on where the virus came from and how the corona virus creates itself? They know exactly when and where it started. There are many people who are on the ground as the virus was taking hold in china that documented that people they were in contact with about the virus early on where silenced and simply disappeared.
Yeah, China's response was horrible. But not according to Trumps Tweet

"China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!"

Transparency... he literally thanks Xi for his transparency.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 9:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
No that's pretty much it. What's important is that people in charge listen to medical advise and manage the situation properly. Balancing the medical and economic pressure is an impossible task.

But what I will say is the economy will recover, dead people will not. If the medical system gets overwhelmed and the death rate gets out of control it will crash the economy anyway. IMO the best strategy is to buy time with social distancing until medical solutions are developed. Encouraging people to go to church for Easter seems retarded.
What if your aunt had a pecker? Would she be your uncle?

The medical system is not out of control so there is that. You don't think that people can take measure and adjust? Why do you think that the central government is letting the states do what their charter is and manage the response locally. They know what their needs are.

So, are you going to tell the 20 year olds they have to be out of work for the next 6 months to a year so 1% of the population or less does not get impacted as fast. They will get impacted, it is just not as fast. That is what you tell them? Aren't you the one on here day in and day out bitching about debt, but yet you want the country to shut down for significant time and just print more and more money? Now you are just complaining from both ends.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
Yeah, China's response was horrible. But not according to Trumps Tweet

"China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!"

Transparency... he literally thanks Xi for his transparency.
Yep. You should be happy he said it. Trump fought back (you may get the courage to thank him on day when you grow up) and China has since backed down from the cutting off medicine and spreading that the US created the virus. Politics is politics. Quit trying to judge politics based on what you and I would do in normal life. You realize Trump is dealing with people who make their people manufacture the shoes on your feet for slave labor.
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-25-2020, 9:25 AM Reply   
I say let the system burn.
Then Sanders can take over.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
No
Then you either have never discussed the topic or you really are that far gone. It is an extremely common term used by all media outlets and even may get it's own terror designation. They are responsible for untold murders, drug running and human trafficking including moving American girls out of the country for world sex trade. If you are too big of a coward to use the term because it speaks to the origin of where it is coming from, then you are the problem.

do you buy into cultural relativism? Are all cultures equal?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       03-25-2020, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
I say let the system burn.
Then Sanders can take over.
While i can somewhat understand the stance, fires always start on the bottom and burn upward. Wonder where you and I are on the pile?