Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-13-2019, 4:27 PM Reply   
Its Coming.

https://youtu.be/KPxJ2rsG2n8
https://youtu.be/xBxEPSZ5_LU
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-13-2019, 4:37 PM Reply   
i see rpm, so must be a hybrid, huh?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-13-2019, 6:38 PM Reply   
Sorry I don’t understand. You see RPM so your thinking it’s a Gas Hybrid? I wouldn’t think that would have anything to do. Electric Only cars/motorcycles/ have RPMs. And yes the RPMs looked low, but not all electric systems spin real high, Example my GEM car spins 6k Max
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-13-2019, 6:59 PM Reply   
Oh yes.

Instant torque and big heavy batteries for wake making goodness

550 lbft of instant torque to be precise

Last edited by simplej; 03-13-2019 at 7:01 PM.
Old     (euro2012)      Join Date: Mar 2017       03-13-2019, 7:35 PM Reply   
That video is from 2017. Where is this boat now? Still only European market?
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       03-14-2019, 7:04 AM Reply   
This is amazing. Give it a couple years and prices will come down and battery tech will get even better. If you look in the auto space there is such a surge going on lately, with Tesla now having a true $35K option, tons of the big makers getting in on the action, and new entrants like Rivian Trucks.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       03-14-2019, 7:08 AM Reply   
Related - http://www.correctcraft.com/correct-...or-the-future/

"CORRECT CRAFT ACQUIRES ELECTRIC BOAT DRIVE SYSTEM – PLEASURECRAFT ENGINE GROUP PREPARES FOR THE FUTURE"
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-14-2019, 7:29 AM Reply   
Double the price of G20??? Only 2.5 hours of solid wakeboarding out of it doesnt seem like much. It will be interesting to see this play out, props are do much less efficient than tires on a car. Can't wait to see $200K boat with sketchy extension cords running 250 feet from the house, dangling in the water charging these things up.

Personally I love the roar of the engine, it's half the fun of boating. My head snaps up every time I hear that distinct roar of a V8 inboard/v-drive ripping across the lake.
Old     (hunter991)      Join Date: Jul 2016       03-14-2019, 7:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
Double the price of G20??? Only 2.5 hours of solid wakeboarding out of it doesnt seem like much. It will be interesting to see this play out, props are do much less efficient than tires on a car. Can't wait to see $200K boat with sketchy extension cords running 250 feet from the house, dangling in the water charging these things up.

Personally I love the roar of the engine, it's half the fun of boating. My head snaps up every time I hear that distinct roar of a V8 inboard/v-drive ripping across the lake.
Agreed. Keep electric out of the wake market.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       03-14-2019, 9:08 AM Reply   
I like some engine noise sometimes. But, I would be good with quieter engine. Would be nicer to chat while someone is wakeboarding.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-14-2019, 11:12 AM Reply   
I drove a friends new Kia Stinger. One of the options was. Enhanced Engine Sound. Yup click on it and the interior of the car sounds like a beefed up V8
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-14-2019, 1:35 PM Reply   
Personally I like the Sound of NOTHING, It would be so cool it cruse & Not hear/feel the sound and vibration of a 320 HP V8 motor pushing the boat at 5mph (Totally useless) a Electric only option would be AMAZING talk about Fresh Air Exhaust ZERO C.O. Coming in and around the boat at low speeds.
Old     (jibsta210)      Join Date: Jul 2015       03-14-2019, 2:02 PM Reply   
i see this being a holeshot helper with mostly gas on plane?
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       03-14-2019, 3:00 PM Reply   
Plus as stated before, these electric engines have amazing torque. Hole shot when slammed will be amazing. I have little doubt that they can expand the 2.5 hr run time in a few short years.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-14-2019, 4:14 PM Reply   
not a hybrid, all electric.

did I see 70 mph on the dash? would be helpful when afternoon storm pops up.

Prices normalize and run time extends, it's viable. not until then.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-14-2019, 6:35 PM Reply   
I thought the same thing at first on the 70 but remember that it’s in Europe so most likely kilometers/hr. Around 43 ish mph.
Old     (chillaxin)      Join Date: Jun 2012       03-21-2019, 7:48 PM Reply   
Tahoe residents should be on the lookout this summer. They are here and there is BIG money behind them and the infrastructure for them.