Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-31-2017, 8:31 AM Reply   
So I guess I've always taken for granted the license plate has been installed on my boat trailer. I just assumed there would be some pre drilled spot for it on my new boat/trailer, but I was wrong? Do I just drill directly into the trailer? Or do they make something to attach? I never like the plate on my old trailer, I feel it always got bent just hanging from the back of the boat. I believe mine is a boatmate trailer (MB). Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-31-2017, 8:33 AM Reply   
If it's a boat mate there should be a mount under rear left platform, behind the left fender.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-31-2017, 8:38 AM Reply   
If it is a boatmate there is a light and mounting plate on the Port Side just behind the step. I am sure all manufacturers put something there, but Boatmate definitely does.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-31-2017, 10:17 AM Reply   
I started using a magnet plate, have had two stolen now at Horsetooth in Ft Collins. They told me they were having a bad problem with plates getting stolen.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-31-2017, 10:51 AM Reply   
if its behind the fender I guess I should've just gotten the small plate then? My old boat had a normal size license plate so thats what I got.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-31-2017, 6:17 PM Reply   
Aha! Found it! So my last boat I had a lot of troubles with my license plate getting bent. Any solutions out there to prevent that? Either a more firm license plate holder, or maybe something that is flexible
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-01-2017, 4:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk22 View Post
Aha! Found it! So my last boat I had a lot of troubles with my license plate getting bent. Any solutions out there to prevent that? Either a more firm license plate holder, or maybe something that is flexible
I attach mine with heavy duty zip ties instead of bolts. Allows it to swing. Never lost one due to ties breaking but do 2 per side.
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-01-2017, 4:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_A View Post
I attach mine with heavy duty zip ties instead of bolts. Allows it to swing. Never lost one due to ties breaking but do 2 per side.

Same here.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-01-2017, 1:44 PM Reply   
Now that sounds super simple and clever! Thanks guys! Sorry last question hopefully, does it swing enough to hit the trailer then while driving?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-01-2017, 3:26 PM Reply   
Double zip ties is the way to go
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       06-01-2017, 5:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk22 View Post
Now that sounds super simple and clever! Thanks guys! Sorry last question hopefully, does it swing enough to hit the trailer then while driving?
I don't think it moves much while driving down the road, only if it drags the ground. I tighten them tight though, just lets it move a little when it needs too