Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Exin)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-31-2014, 4:51 AM Reply   
Hey there!

I'm pretty new to the forum, and have been lurking around reading up on boards and bindings. I've been riding for about 2 years on the 2011 LF witness with the Transit bindings. Last year, at the end if the season I decided to buy myself the LF Watson set, however (I orderd it to Europe via my Friend in the States) the bindings turned out to be way to small (I cant even put them on, they are size 11-12). Consequentially, I now am in need of a new binding, and have been hearing a lot of good things about the systems pro, but I have never tried them on.

Im a 20 year old from Europe, and I'm 1.94 cm (around 6.4 feet), and my Watson is sized 139cm. I'm a cable rider, and I have much more fun from inverts rather than obstacles. However, in trying my best at both, landing the basic airtricks and grabs. This summer I'm hoping to improve a lot, since I had signed up for gym the previous winter and have significantly improved my strength.

If somebody who had some experience could take a minute and answer my following questions, it'd help me out a lot!

1. What is the major difference between the Watsons and Process boots? Which one would you reccomebd for cable?
2. Iv tried on the size 12+ Watson and process, and they feel small however, I have heard that this is normal on brand new closed toe bindings, and that with use they will loosen up/adjust to my foot. Could someone confirm this?
3. Processes are "taller/higher" boots, whereas Watsons are "shorter/smaller" in terms of height. What does this difference influence?
4. General opinions/experiences with any of the two bindings?

Thanks for all the help, can't wait to go wake already !

Cheers!
~~Exin

Last edited by Exin; 03-31-2014 at 4:53 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       03-31-2014, 6:41 AM Reply   
I have been using the system bindings since they came out. The boots do feel small when you put them on at the shop. Mine actually feel an entire size too small but when you ratchet the binding down it sucks your foot back in the binding and then the sizing fits like a glove. As far as the process boots being taller. Taller will allow you to make them feel stiffer/more responsive but one of the advantages of the systems is you can counteract that when you want. If you are doing a lot of air tricks then tighten the boot up good and it will be real supportive. If you are doing a lot of rails one day then leave the top of the boot loose but the binding tight and you can poke and tweak things as much as you want. It makes for a really versatile setup that you can really fine tune to your liking.
Old     (Exin)      Join Date: Mar 2014       03-31-2014, 1:51 PM Reply   
Corey, thanks so much for Your answer! It really solves a lot of my hesitations, and I'm nearly sure I will get the Process boots with System's pro bindings! While I take into consideration that it will propably not look too good, I think it'd be the best fit for me there is at the moment ! If anyone feel's they can add something more, i'd be more than happy to take into consideration Your comments and opinions!
Old     (KyShredZ)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-31-2014, 4:31 PM Reply   
I have a similar dilemma, I am getting a new setup this week the Ronix Bandwagon since I snowboard quite a bit I want to try out camber. I am also picking up system boots and bindings yet I am a bit skeptical because I dont want to waste my money and not like it! though ive heard good things and with my style of riding it should work out great. Thinking about 2014 Webb boot and 2012/13 bindings not sure which yet. I will let you know how the transition is for me!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-31-2014, 8:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyShredZ View Post
Thinking about 2014 Webb boot and 2012/13 bindings not sure which yet. I will let you know how the transition is for me!
You cannot use the 2014 boots with the 2013 and older bindings.
But you can use the old boots with the 2014 bindings.
Old     (KyShredZ)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-01-2014, 9:34 PM Reply   
Why not?
Old    DanielPeyton            04-02-2014, 12:08 AM Reply   
who wish to remain close to the treatment censer ice hospital and medical enter Raspberry Ultra Drops maintains its poem in-house television channel four patient Korean station movies for patients who I met an around-the-clock internet access kiosk per patient abuse minute communication needs we also have international telephone and fax services by pacer_ school provides
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-02-2014, 11:01 AM Reply   
The 13 and older bindings have a rib through the center that the boots have a raised center for. The 14 stuff does not so old boots fit in the new bindings but the new boots have a flat bottom so you would be standing on the center rib of old bindings.
Old     (KyShredZ)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-02-2014, 6:34 PM Reply   
Ahh I see in that case I shall probably get the Bandwagon ATR instead of Air core with 2014 Webb boots & 2014 bindings, might look into Ronix Code 55s aswell.