Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-29-2011, 4:15 AM Reply   
Here's a few shots from The Liquid Playground's 'Afterdark' gallery. Austin is gonna be taking many of these photos/displays down so customers can actually buy stuff, so I thought I'd shoot a few pics of the setup before it's all packed up.

I was really blown away by all the support that Austin got from the photographers and riders. Many of the boards that were on display were sent in by the riders themselves, and one or two of the boards were ridden in the exact shoot that the photo was taken during. So to everyone that contributed to this, thanks a bunch! This was a really fun event.

Jason Lee with Shaun Murray and Anthony Hollick's Hyperlite decks

Rodrigo Donoso with boards from Josh Twelker, Josh Smith and Derek Cook

Roland Lugo two displays

Joey Meddock with Colin Harrington's deck

Garrett Cortese

Josh Letchworth

mine

I'll post a few more pics tomorrow when it isn't 4am.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-29-2011, 7:30 AM Reply   
Love it. Fresh idea for a board shop. Well done.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-29-2011, 9:18 AM Reply   
Yeah Scott thanks for showing! I had a blast! I think everyone there could tell that based on the fact that i was took two bottles of J Cueve to the face!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-29-2011, 9:48 AM Reply   
bad a$$
Old     (jcas)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-29-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
Austin did an amazing job. The place looks even better in person. I was talking to him earlier this week and he said he's going to do more gallery nights in the future. I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-29-2011, 10:44 AM Reply   
A few more photos from the main gallery section of the shop-

Photographer Kyle Rowe with deck from Justin Fisher

Photographer Riley Bangerter with deck from Tom Fooshee

Photographer Josh Letchword with deck from Matt Manzari

Photographer Josh Letchworth with deck from Randall Harris

Artwork and wakeboard from Mike Ennen

Photographer Bryan Soderlind with Brian Grubb's wakeskate. There's also a copy of The Standerd to accompany this

Photographer Bryan Soderlind with a classic
Old     (liquidplayground)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-03-2011, 4:18 PM Reply   
Thanks a million you guys! Everyone-photographers for the amazing work, the riders for donating/shipping their boards, family and friends for the help setting it up, and all the people who came out to see it! Love you all.
Ill be keeping it up all week if anybody else wants to stop by before I transform most of my shop back to an actual "pro-shop". The gallery room will be up forever tho and seems to be modified each week.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-04-2011, 10:13 AM Reply   
Sick, sick, sick... I'm so bummed I couldn't make it down to this. I've gotta plan a trip. That's such a cool set-up. Awesome work Austin. Totally fresh idea.
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-05-2011, 10:16 AM Reply   
Thats is SUPER cool. NIce man..nice.