Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-14-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
I know some of you out there have redone your swim platforms. I am really wanting to tackle this project but I keep hesitating and wondering if I should even bother. I currently have a teak platform that is in need of some serious work so I thought I would just totally redo the whole thing since I saw one of the big surfer on here redo his and what effect it had on his surf wake. MY teak is HUGE and it cuts into the water big time when I got it leaning to throw the surf wave. O by the way my boat is a 2001 Tige 20i. I don't want something that is going to look bad. I want something that will last. I also want the platform to be white to go along with the boat. I then want to add a pad of some sort with a Tige emblem on it. Below is a crappy pic of the boat looking from the rear. It doesn't show the swim platform but gives you an idea of what the boat looks like....

I guess my questions are as follows:

1) is it worth it?
2) If I do this project I am going to sandwich two 3/4'' pieces of ply together. Will I be able to have a rounded edge around the outside or will the ply not hold a rounded edge?
3) Will this really effect the surf wake as much as I am thinking it will?