Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-25-2012, 2:11 PM Reply   
http://s1149.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow

Found this for sale it must be a scam just checking
Itch
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-25-2012, 3:11 PM Reply   
What about it makes you think it is a scam?

Sidenote, any boat with that tower make sure the fiberglass has been reinforced WELL!
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-25-2012, 3:34 PM Reply   
If that is the trailer it comes with I'd either pass or make sure the deal is sweet enough to get the correct trailer for the boat - that thing doesn't fit the boat at all.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-25-2012, 4:03 PM Reply   
Not sure what makes it a scam?? Must be something in the add, all I see is some pictures of a older Malibu that appears to be in nice condition.
Old     (madcityskier)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-25-2012, 4:24 PM Reply   
http://madison.craigslist.org/bod/3287383787.html
If it's this one it's either a typo or a scam. Where did you see it?
Old     (dohboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-25-2012, 4:37 PM Reply   
I agree that can't be the right trailer. The boat doesn't fir right on it anywhere!
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-25-2012, 5:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcityskier View Post
http://madison.craigslist.org/bod/3287383787.html
If it's this one it's either a typo or a scam. Where did you see it?
Besides the price being too low to be real, that boat also doesn't have an LT1. Only LT1 offered in a Malibu was the Callaway 383 put in the '96 - '99 Corvette boats. If it really is a 315HP engine, it is the Mercrusier Black Scorpion.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-25-2012, 5:34 PM Reply   
Looking at the add it must be a scam at that price. Up here crap like that runs over and over on Craigslist. There is one for 2 brand new jet skis with a trailer for like 5K that has been running all summer. Scam must work as the scammer keeps it going. Price is usually the dead give away or very generic add with 1 picture that doesn't seem to match your area.
Old     (paulharenberg)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-25-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
Same add popped up in NJ a couple days ago, so I will go with scam.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-25-2012, 6:19 PM Reply   
Lack of registration numbers is always a good indication of scam.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-26-2012, 2:29 AM Reply   
Why doesn't someone just reply to this scammer for fun and scam him back? I know for a fact there are plenty of people on this forum with too much time on their hands and need something to do. So go ahead and entertain the rest of us with your results.
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-26-2012, 3:46 AM Reply   
Yeah the description was off that was my first then I see the price so I emailed anyways
I have three emails in they never give the info asked for, she says she is a divorced women got in a settlement moved to Topeka and its one of those sitting at shipping company wrapped and waiting to send from Amazon !!!!!!
I'll post it's email later with the rest so we can ebomb the ****

Here is the HIN JS-MB2W8793E898, and I don't know what to tell you about the gel coat, since my ex was the owner of it

Subject: Re: 1998 Malibu Sunsetter LX
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 23:43:18 -0400
To: jenny.kruger38@msn.com

When was the gel coat redone ? What's the boats registration number ? Can you get the manufactures number from the rear in the gel coat ?
Where is the boat I'd like to have some one check it out ?!?!

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 24, 2012, at 10:58 PM, Jenny R Kruger wrote:

Hey there,
My name is Jenny, happy to see you are interested* in my malibu. Let me give you a few details about it. Really good shape, used only in fresh water, good running condition, 279 hours, powered by a GM 5.7 Liter LT1 Motor rated at 315 horsepower, cover, trailer, all the extras included in the price, the title is legally under my name, clear and free of any liens or loans. I wanted sell it at its Blue Book value but without any luck so I changed up my mind and reduced the price drastically at $3.700. I got divorced recently this is how I got the boat and I am trying to sell it because as a single woman I don't have what do it with. Plus fishing/sailing is not one of my passions.
If you want to see pics of the boat you can go at http://s1149.photobucket.com/albums/...view=slideshow
For questions just e-mail me.

Sincerely,
Jenny

Is this a mis print 3,700.00?????

Hi there,
As I told you in my first email, I recently got divorced. I got a new job and moved to Topeka KS for a new start. The boat is already at the shipping company in Topeka sealed and ready for the shipping. My presence won't be necessary because I prearranged the deal with Amazon. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 3 days. You will have 5 days to try out prior to making any purchase and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense.
If you are interested in knowing more info about how it works, I can ask Amazon to send you an email with more information on how to purchase it. Amazon will contact you shortly after they have the details with all the information that you need to complete this deal and you will also have proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller. If you would like to receive the email from Amazon will all the transaction information please reply with your full name and phone # and they will contact you right away.
Regards

Subject: Re: 1998 Malibu Sunsetter LX
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 23:43:18 -0400
To: jenny.kruger38@msn.com

When was the gel coat redone ? What's the boats registration number ? Can you get the manufactures number from the rear in the gel coat ?
Where is the boat I'd like to have some one check it out ?!?!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-26-2012, 5:08 AM Reply   
Well I'd tell her to send me the boat then!!!
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-26-2012, 11:25 AM Reply   
Any time someone uses regards at the end of their email it throws up a red flag. Not many people do that.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-26-2012, 11:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by helinut View Post
Any time someone uses regards at the end of their email it throws up a red flag. Not many people do that.
I always do, but I worked for a British company for 6 years and it's now habit.

That however, is a CLASSIC scam email!

Last edited by Fiveflat; 09-26-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-26-2012, 11:34 AM Reply   
Scam scam scam

I remember the good ol' days when a scammer would respond to you in such terrible English that it was nearly impossible to understand the email.

Unfortunately, they're getting better these days. This a great example of that. Not only do they have a HIN# but they also know the size of the engine engine! Surely no scammer could use google to find random facts about Malibu boats, right?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-26-2012, 1:29 PM Reply   
This is the e-mail I sent:

Love your boat, and such a great price! I will buy it!

Let me have your address, phone number, day and time you can meet.

You do have a clear title, right? This is a cash deal
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-26-2012, 1:33 PM Reply   
LOL! "Please wire transfer me the money instead of meeting in person"...bet you get a response that involves a wire transfer. Oh and the old "don't tell the western union person that you are a buying a boat"...
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-26-2012, 5:38 PM Reply   
Maybe you can tell her you have a buyer, but they wrote you a check for too much. That you can send her the check and she can send you back the difference!!