Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       11-29-2018, 6:00 AM Reply   
Morning Forum,

I found a well taken care of Mojo here at my local dealer and am interested in going an looking at it. I've been researching a lot but most of the info is related to newer model years. Anyone have experience with the 2012 they can share? I'm not brand loyal....I like what I like when the price and product are nice LOL. We recreationally wakeboard, wakeskate, surf, hydrofoil, and tube and will never be overly critical if the wake isn't perfect. More interested in any showstopper problems that have been identified in the earlier model years.

For reference I've had:
Mastercraft prostar 205
Tige 20V
Calabria Pro-V team edition
Malibu VLX

It matches my truck as well so it would be nice if it wasn't a proven lemon LOL.

https://www.skiersmarineal.com/defau...nventory&img=1

Thanks,
Brian
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-29-2018, 2:29 PM Reply   
The Mojo 2.5 was a really good boat in it's day. It surfs well for a pre-surf-system boat, and I always enjoyed how rampy the wakeboard wake was. Moomba has always been known for making simple, reliable boats so I don't think you'll have to worry about it being a lemon. Having dealt with Skiers Marine before too, I can tell you that they're top notch and will take care of you!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-06-2018, 8:03 AM Reply   
Ive helped put over 400 hours on a 2012 Mojo. Here are the things about the boat that stand out in my mind:
1) It was/is very reliable.
2) surprisingly fuel efficient
3) lots of room and storage
4) Great surf wave
5) Great, steep wakeboard wake. A little sensitive side to side, but it has a lot of pop.
6) Tower is a little low, and hard to fold down

Hope this helps.