Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (KJonesWakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2016       04-28-2016, 10:19 PM Reply   
I bought my first boat guy! 19 years old and I picked up this beauty of a Sanger DLX 20 for 12,000.... It's in awesome shape and I LOVE it... All I need is a re prop... I have the stock 3 blade prop but I want a prop with more power and maybe help me out for wakeboarding because that's what it will be used for a lot... Help!!
Attached Images

Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-29-2016, 4:45 AM Reply   
Have you tried the prop you have?
Old     (KJonesWakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2016       04-29-2016, 5:40 AM Reply   
Yeah I have, and it works fine for now but I mean I know there are props that could help me more than this 3 ear prop on there right now, I know boats I just want to know if there are any better props for my situation .... I have learned and researched this boat quite a bit and almost everything I've seen has said something about doing a re prop for wakeboarding, I'm just wondering if there's any recommendations or if it will be worth it
Old     (JR_88)      Join Date: Jun 2015       04-29-2016, 5:59 AM Reply   
Talk to the folks at wakemakers. They'll set you up with ballast, props, etc.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-29-2016, 6:03 AM Reply   
Really depends on how much ballast you plan to run. If you're gonna sack that boat out then a different prop would probably help with the hole shot. Would venture a guess that anything less than 2000 lbs and you're probably fine with the stock. Not sure how much you can comfortably run in that low DD before it gets uncomfortable. I would play around with the stock setup and figure out your ballast situation before you invest $400 in a new prop. Just my $.02.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-29-2016, 6:51 AM Reply   
I may have a acme 911 for sale here in a week or sale. It's a $450 prop for that boat that will give you all the punch you need for any amount of weight plus it will help you hold speed better if you don't have perfect pass.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-29-2016, 6:52 AM Reply   
I'll be selling it for $275 in like new condition
Old     (TomH)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-29-2016, 11:20 AM Reply   
Based on the age, I'd definitely re-prop if it truly is the stock prop, as the CNC props these days are just generally better. I gained both hole shot and top end with my Acme over the stock prop, but the Acme blades are also about twice as big as what was on the stock OJ legend.

Give Acme or Wakemakers a shout and they can easily get you a recommendation for what you'll want.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-29-2016, 1:12 PM Reply   
that 911 is what I have on my v230. It's a BEAST of a prop. Don't be fooled into thinking 4 blade is always better than 3. 911 is 3. 10.5* or something crazy low. still has good top end too.

nice boat BTW

Last edited by denverd1; 04-29-2016 at 1:15 PM.
Old     (Aurex)      Join Date: Aug 2014       04-29-2016, 2:53 PM Reply   
Acme 911 might push the motor out of the desired rev range....

On my Sanger DXII I run an Acme 1229 13 X 11. At WOT without ballast it is at the maximum safe RPM recommended (4800). Top speed reduced to 45ish mph, was 55+ (indicated) with the factory prop. Surfing RPM is ~2100-2250 depending on ballast and rider preference. I do not have perfect pass, find that I am not having to correct speeds with this prop.
Old     (KJonesWakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2016       04-29-2016, 9:09 PM Reply   
Thanks to all of you guys! I'm gunna check out wake makers and see if they can help me out, and thanks NACHO!!!! I love it