Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-30-2003, 12:52 PM Reply   
Just got my sac and it is killer and the price is very reasonable. I will post some pics of my whole system hopefully this weekend. The sac is killer and Pete Law of letsgoride.com is very nice and very helpful.
Old     (jmanjohn)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-30-2003, 3:36 PM Reply   
Come on Ty! Get that thing in!
I put mine in, it was hard to get it in and keep it from folding or over lapping. It is twice the size of the original one. I could have as much as 1900lbs!
Waiting to see Yours I want to automate the rear bags. Thinking about the Make-a-Wake system.
Old     (jmanjohn)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-30-2003, 3:36 PM Reply   
Thanks Pete!
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-30-2003, 3:48 PM Reply   
What's up John?...
Do it your self by t'ing into the engine intake. I will give you full pics here if I could ever get off my arse. Actually the only thing I am waiting for is the small battery box I was going to sto my pump in. The pump was about 65.00 and switch for about 5.00, breaker for 5.00, plus hose and connects. Very cheap.
Old     (jmanjohn)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-30-2003, 4:27 PM Reply   
Is it reversable? Where did you get the switch and breaker. I think i am going to use 2 reversible pumps. For balancing.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-30-2003, 4:36 PM Reply   
I have all the info for you. I have the dash switch manufacturer to match your dash, I have the simer dealer's name to get them reasonable (reversible). I have all the goodies. I will give you all the info you need and you sill save a ton of money. BTW: that sac is massive...I like the 1" nozzles he put on for us also.
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-30-2003, 4:44 PM Reply   
whats the GPH on the simer?
Old     (jmanjohn)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-30-2003, 6:35 PM Reply   
Im in!
Old     (onealrep)      Join Date: May 2002       01-31-2003, 1:46 PM Reply   
John-

Any tips on installing the bag, now that you've done yours. I just got mine, I'll be putting it in in a few weeks. You're right , it's huge. It almost looks larger thatn the space it 's going into!!
Old    danno            01-31-2003, 2:03 PM Reply   
Here's a simple tip, but it might be helpful to someone.
I haven't plumbed mine yet, but just putting the bags in their covers and fitting them into place wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. I inflated mine lightly with an air compressor while I fit them into place. That way they were very light and easy to maneuver. Then I vacuumed them flat in place so they will fill back up right where they need to be.
If you're installing hoses, you might consider filling the system with air first to make sure that the sacs and the hoses all end up positioned how you want them and there are no leaks.
~dan
Old     (jmanjohn)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-31-2003, 5:09 PM Reply   
I agree with dan. I played with it for a little while I think I got it. I think that once it is filled and emptied a few times it will spread out some. Chuck I would be happy to help if You need it. Or show You what I did. You cant live very far away. I am just off of shadow pines. My F250 truck has a big SANGER sticker in the back window.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-03-2003, 6:34 AM Reply   
john, let me know when you need the info.
Old    jmccallum            02-03-2003, 7:04 AM Reply   
Dan.

Why are you putting the LGR sac in a cover? My custom LGR sac just lies on the floor of my ski locker.
Old     (jmanjohn)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-03-2003, 2:30 PM Reply   
Thanks Ty.
I have been talking with Bill at Make a wake. Need to get My wife to o.k. it and I think I am going to buy a system from Him. Seems like a good Guy very helpful. Just a little pricey. Maybe not if You figure all the components. I really want it to be maintence free and automated. Took the boat out 2 weeks ago and it took Me 45 minutes to fill 4 bags.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-03-2003, 2:40 PM Reply   
I have a pump and all the matching switches. Make a wake was very cool people just too pricey for me.