Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-07-2017, 8:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/arn...vcA?li=BBnbfcL

I really wish our new president would stay off twitter and start acting presidential. SMH. Arnold just showed him what class really is.
That's what bothers me the most about this clown. The way this narcissist responds and talks is just such an embarrassment to the country.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-07-2017, 11:58 AM Reply   
So who is paying for the wall now? Or is it a bigly fence, it's hard to keep up
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-07-2017, 6:36 PM Reply   
Arnold is a better man than Trump will ever be.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/arno...172626379.html

Trump would really do himself and everyone else a favor if he'd delete his Twitter account. What an embarrassment.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-08-2017, 4:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
So who is paying for the wall now? Or is it a bigly fence, it's hard to keep up
Why do you care? You're on an island.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-08-2017, 4:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettw View Post

Trump would really do himself and everyone else a favor if he'd delete his Twitter account. What an embarrassment.
An embarrassment is CA giving a murderer a sex change while serving a life sentence in prison. The liberal media like your source Yahoo hates that Trump uses twitter to communicate because they can't twist his words. They are straight from the source.

Sure, he is what I would call sophomoric in some posts but Arnold did suck on the show. I'm not a fan of the Apprentice but my parents are visiting and watch it. They commented it was borderline unwatchable with Arnold at the helm.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-08-2017, 6:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettw View Post

Ever been around a farm or ranch with Donkeys? There's a saying that the only way to get a donkey to do anything is to hit it in the head with a 2x4.

Washington and the established Media are the donkey, Trumps the guy with the 2x4. Washington and the media will never change the status quo, all those guys and gals are too fat and happy to make any changes that upset their taxpayer funded food trough. Trump doesn't need the money, doesn't need the recognition. He has his ideas to make changes happen, I guess we will see if he can pull anything positive off.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-09-2017, 7:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
An embarrassment is CA giving a murderer a sex change while serving a life sentence in prison. The liberal media like your source Yahoo hates that Trump uses twitter to communicate because they can't twist his words. They are straight from the source.

Sure, he is what I would call sophomoric in some posts but Arnold did suck on the show. I'm not a fan of the Apprentice but my parents are visiting and watch it. They commented it was borderline unwatchable with Arnold at the helm.
So was he then moved to a female prison? Thats brilliant!!!

You are missing the point. The POTUS should be above making A-hole comments on twitter about tv shows.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-09-2017, 8:47 AM Reply   
https://audioboom.com/posts/5471405-...mpster-quote-1

Mark Hamil reads Trump Tweets as the joker. This is Awesome!

"Trump tweets are like an advent calendar to the apocalypse." - not my quote
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-09-2017, 9:47 AM Reply   
New plan: lets make the mexico wall out of solar panels that way everyone will be happy!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-09-2017, 10:03 AM Reply   
Tremendous idea. We will make China pay for it. Trust me, I am very good at business.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-09-2017, 12:57 PM Reply   
http://jezebel.com/trump-replaces-ve...one-1790962805

Every since President Dwight D. Eisenhower was sworn into office in 1957, Charlie Brotman has served as the official announcer of the inauguration ceremony. But this year he has been unceremoniously forced into retirement — and replaced with one of Donald Trump’s supporters....

Why? Something is seriously wrong with Trump.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-09-2017, 1:47 PM Reply   
^^^ I knew their would be problems when funding ran out for the "safe zones, therapy dogs & play Dough.

The dude was or is 89 years old. Could it be that he can't do the job as good anymore. I know nothing about the reason WHY the original dude is not being asked to do it one last time. But I do know that when dudes get up in that age for some guys 4 years can make a huge difference? I know this the last time they rolled out Dick Clark at News years, I was like DAMM I wanna remember him as not the stroke Victum he had become.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-09-2017, 5:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
So was he then moved to a female prison? Thats brilliant!!!

You are missing the point. The POTUS should be above making A-hole comments on twitter about tv shows.
What I got from the LA Times article I read was CA has approved using tax dollars but I don't think the surgery has happened yet

I got the point. That's what I meant by sophomore-ic.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-09-2017, 6:12 PM Reply   
Have you noticed that anybody who criticizes the don is automatically poor at their totally unrelated job? Is amazing the strength of the causal link. Don't like the don = bad at their job. It may seem like the don is just being childish but no, he knows these things. He's very smart. Trust me.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-10-2017, 5:04 PM Reply   
Obama, you're out. Trump, urine.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-10-2017, 5:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
New plan: lets make the mexico wall out of solar panels that way everyone will be happy!
It would be easy to get Mexico to pay for the wall, just place a Starbucks every 10 miles or so, with the serving windows on the Mexican side!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-10-2017, 6:07 PM Reply   
Only ten days away from genuine hope and change. I rolled the dice. Hope it turns out well.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-10-2017, 6:48 PM Reply   
Ten days is a long time in politics
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/10/po...sia/index.html
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-10-2017, 7:19 PM Reply   
Here supposedly is the document:
https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...legations.html

So if the Don agreed to change campaign strategy and not make an issue of Russia and Ukraine in agreement for Ruskys not leaking Moscow whore golden shower perversion video is that technically treason?

Do you think he paid them? He's not known for paying contractors.

What does Peeotus mean?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-11-2017, 5:12 AM Reply   
wow hope everyone likes President Pence.

If any of the stuff in that document is even remotely true, please explain how this is any different from watergate? I keep saying this year can't get any weirder, and here we are, weirder.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       01-11-2017, 8:40 AM Reply   
haha - As much as I want it to be true. The fact that it's so detailed with obscure terms like the use of "golden shower" is a bit of a red flag. Sure, we all know what a "golden shower" is, but in a report it would be defined. Fake news or not, the fact that it's such a big deal when it's targeted at Trump is comical!

Even watching his press conference where he touts every job that hasn't left the country is funny. Note current unemployment 4.9%, thanks Obama. When we start hemorrhaging 800K jobs a month like we did in 2008, will we get a "breaking news" when a company keeps 7K jobs?
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       01-11-2017, 9:08 AM Reply   
I have never been more embarrassed for my country than I am now. Honest question I was not and am not a fan of Hillary Clinton, BUT DEAR GOSH what in the world were you thinking electing this rube.
Old    deltahoosier            01-11-2017, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicr View Post
I have never been more embarrassed for my country than I am now. Honest question I was not and am not a fan of Hillary Clinton, BUT DEAR GOSH what in the world were you thinking electing this rube.
Everyone has that crazy friend that you don't let hang out with your other friends but when it is time to throw down, he is the first person you call. We call him TRUMP.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-11-2017, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Everyone has that crazy friend that you don't let hang out with your other friends but when it is time to throw down, he is the first person you call. We call him TRUMP.
I hope you're right. Everyone also has that friend that talks a big game but when it's time to throw down he's gotta be somewhere.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-11-2017, 10:23 AM Reply   
anybody watch trump's "news conference?"

Without addressing the content, does anyone find it really weird that he has a cheering section? Is he going to do that in the White House briefing room too? Very strange.

I mean I'm pretty sure it wasn't the press clapping at his remarks.
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       01-11-2017, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post

Without addressing the content, does anyone find it really weird that he has a cheering section? Is he going to do that in the White House briefing room too? Very strange.

That's what my above comment was in reference to, short of him saying "biggly" and "Ghina" he pretty much covered all of his rambling moronic positions, such an embarrassment. As far as the cheering section, word has it it was his entourage that was applauding.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2017, 3:59 PM Reply   
Quote:

Hey that was genius. Since the media normally filled that cheering section for Obama, you just aren't used to seeing it. Trump has to BYO...
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-11-2017, 4:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Hey that was genius. Since the media normally filled that cheering section for Obama, you just aren't used to seeing the usual suspects.
Thanks. I'm unfamiliar with the media clapping for the president's answers at a press conference. Maybe you can find us a clip of that?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2017, 4:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Thanks. I'm unfamiliar with the media clapping for the president's answers at a press conference. Maybe you can find us a clip of that?
Shirly you can't be serious.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-11-2017, 4:04 PM Reply   
Of course I'm serious but don't call me Shirley.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2017, 5:58 PM Reply   
Actually, I quite like some of his stuff about military spending and kicking big pharma in the balls a few times. If it is more than talk i will be impressed.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2017, 5:59 PM Reply   
Also getting factories reopened in the rust belt. Good stuff
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2017, 6:00 PM Reply   
Putting his two sons in charge of the trust is smoke and mirrors tho. Laughable.
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-11-2017, 6:28 PM Reply   
Surprising. Even Fox news:

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith defended CNN on Wednesday after Donald Trump accused the network of being “fake news” at a news conference for reporting on the existence of a Russian dossier of unverified allegations about the president-elect.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/fox-news-de...213951823.html
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2017, 7:37 PM Reply   
Trump kicked some media butt today. It was awesome to watch.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2017, 8:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Trump kicked some media butt today. It was awesome to watch.
Ha ha, Hilarious
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2017, 8:33 PM Reply   
I watched the interview again, Trump seems to verify that the doc is an real intelligence report but indicates the contents are incorrect. If that is his position why does he slam the media for "Fake news"? If the report is legitimate but incorrect isn't that news in it self?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-11-2017, 8:33 PM Reply   
I loved the Way he slapped the $hit out of the CNN guy. By the end Trump had NBC calling the news conference a Circus LOL. I guess the media is used to being coddled and made feel good. I got the feeling Trump don't give a dam! LOL. Its like he has this additude, "I don't need the media" If I want to get a message out I'll tweet it at 3am. And everyone is fair game LOL. It's gonna be a great next 4 years. The Snowflakes are not gonna be happy.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2017, 9:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
I loved the Way he slapped the $hit out of the CNN guy. By the end Trump had NBC calling the news conference a Circus LOL. I guess the media is used to being coddled and made feel good. I got the feeling Trump don't give a dam! LOL. Its like he has this additude, "I don't need the media" If I want to get a message out I'll tweet it at 3am. And everyone is fair game LOL. It's gonna be a great next 4 years. The Snowflakes are not gonna be happy.
Totally agree. I think Ralph missed the part with the CNN guy.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2017, 9:28 PM Reply   
G, would you care if The Don exposed himself like that in Russia? Would it matter?
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       01-11-2017, 9:31 PM Reply   
The irony is Trump not taking a question from CNN because they're fake news and but then taking a question from Breitbart. Lol
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2017, 9:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Totally agree. I think Ralph missed the part with the CNN guy.
No, I saw it. I'm just unclear on The Dons definition on "Fake News". I don't suppose it matters if you don't recognise the role of media in a free democracy. But whatever, the show is extremely entertaining from this side of the world.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2017, 10:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicr View Post
The irony is Trump not taking a question from CNN because they're fake news and but then taking a question from Breitbart. Lol
There's no irony. CNN pushed a fake story and didn't even apologize. Screw them.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-11-2017, 10:47 PM Reply   
The thing that's so cool about Trump is he doesn't need any of those partisan wolves in the media to convey his message. He's incredibly resourceful. I look forward to watching him use alternative ways to get his message out.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2017, 11:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
There's no irony. CNN pushed a fake story and didn't even apologize. Screw them.
Do you understand the importance of a free media in a democracy, or do you just prefer the media only report what is signed off by the president's office?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-11-2017, 11:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Mark, what's your understanding that makes this a fake story, do you think the document was made up or that the intelegance was bad?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-12-2017, 7:25 AM Reply   
I say "F" the Media! That includes Hollywood. They all have a hidden agenda they push they lie to us all and we are supposed to ask for more? We are supposed to respect them, we are supposed to recognize their Importance, Pfffffft Yea just keep telling yourself that. Ever hear of the saying "People will treet you as bad as you let them" well I think (the don) just let them know how he felt. And put them on notice. The way I see it Trump has no problem with the media as long as they report the story with no slant. "Just the facts jack"

Here is a great example of the "Lame Street Media" & the work we are supposed to respect.
I notice they have since changed the head line but when I first read it the headline said "Yahoo Deletes Rasist Trump Tweet"
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/yahoo-fi...d-racist-slur/ They have since corrected the headline to better reflect the true story but the damage is/was done. Now if you read the story you find out it its total b.s. Garbage. It was a fake headline designed as click bate. But that Dosent stop the media. Me thinks the Media is getting cranky because the Don Dosent summons them to report on his every word. He Dosent need them. If the trumpster Dosent like you he will put you on blast at 3 am using his tiny hands on twitter. He Dosent need Cbs NBC cnn to twist and turn his own words into a story that Dosent exist.
F them! They get what they deserve
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       01-12-2017, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
The thing that's so cool about Trump is he doesn't need any of those partisan wolves in the media to convey his message. He's incredibly resourceful. I look forward to watching him use alternative ways to get his message out.
What you're describing is state run media, like North Korea! Its amazing that Trump supporters refuse to believe anything that isnt inline with their ideas or what they want to believe.
At this point i just have to think trump supporters are brain washed.

FYI: The dossier research was funded by the GOP!!!! You people don't even believe what comes from your own party!

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...p-dossier.html
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-12-2017, 7:39 AM Reply   
Not everything Donald Trump says is stupid.

The Chinese built a wall 2,000 years ago - and they still don't have any Mexicans!
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-12-2017, 7:40 AM Reply   
I think someone is as out of touch with who a Trump supporter is, as Nancy Pelosi
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-12-2017, 7:48 AM Reply   
OK Cliff, you tell us. What is a Trump supporter?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-12-2017, 8:07 AM Reply   
Doublemwa;
Quote:
What you're describing is state run media, like North Korea! Its amazing that Trump supporters refuse to believe anything that isnt inline with their ideas or what they want to believe.
I see what you did right their. That plays right into my point. We either agree with you or you Twist the story and post it as a way of punishment

Now I'm sure some people are in fact brain washed and that's not who we are talking about so I have no idea why your brought them up. what I think won Trump the White House is not brain washed Americans. And yes I believe and think a free presss is important. But the info has to be accurate. If your new agency is a hack then who better to call it out but the person who is the most written about. Trump knows first hand what story's are fake and who's pushing them. Once again F" the media and Hollywood. They painted them self in the corner that are in they can paint them selfs out.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-12-2017, 8:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
And yes I believe and think a free presss is important. But the info has to be accurate. If your new agency is a hack then who better to call it out but the person who is the most written about. Trump knows first hand what story's are fake and who's pushing them. Once again F" the media and Hollywood. They painted them self in the corner that are in they can paint them selfs out.
So G, let me get this straight. If a story comes out about a person, and that person denies the story and calls the story fake news, it's game over?

Is there any potential in your analysis that the person who is the subject of the bad story has a motivation to deny the facts?

To pull this away from politics for a minute, that's basically EXACTLY what Lance Armstrong did for years. Belittled his accusers and called them liars. The parallels between Trump and Armstrong in that regard are pretty strong, if you think about it.

Without a free (and tenacious) press that kept at it, even after being called liars, the truth about L.A. may never have been revealed.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-12-2017, 8:30 AM Reply   
Too many websites and keyboard cowboys holding themselves out as news outlets these days. They don't have access to actual news, so they grab whatever story they see on FB or Twitter and blast it out over the internet.

Need to tighten up press credentials. I wouldn't let buzzfeed in the room.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-12-2017, 9:11 AM Reply   
Shawn: I agree with you. Lance Armstrong was a horrible person that persecuted people that try to expose the truth. But what I'm talking about is press /media that straight up LIES! In order to sell a story. They straight up know the story they are posting is false but they post it anyways. These are the people he is calling out. I posted a smal example above in the CBS story with the Fake headline.

Another Small pettty Example of what I'm taking about. yesterday in the press conference, Trump called out a reporter in the front row. The reporter asked about " Are you still planning on having Mexico pay for "the border Fence". Trump stops and says See, right there, I have never said fence or said I would build a fence. I have Always said I would build a wall but you called it a fence, that's dishonest or inaccurate reporting, and yes Mexico is going to pay for it. Why would the reporter ask the question in this manner? I'm not a professional reporter, but I know TRUMP has never said fence or anything like it? So why would he ask a stupid question like that. I know it's petty and stupid but it's just a very small example of how they twist things and WHY is what I ask.

I hope you can see my point. Taking someone's words and twisting them to slant your agenda. if you are the Media just give us the facts jack "thank you very much". I can understand it here in the forums (people are trying to win a argument) they twist words fine they are pulling out all the stops to prove a point but Why is CNN and NBC and CBS and all the other news media doing this but in a much much worse way??? Do Americans have A.D.D so bad we can't OR we refuse to read a story that's not sensationalized

Last edited by grant_west; 01-12-2017 at 9:14 AM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-12-2017, 9:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
Need to tighten up press credentials. I wouldn't let buzzfeed in the room.
So what part of the Buzzfeed article is fake? Is it the contents of the document or the claim the document was circulated among intelligence officials for months? The Buzzfeed article that I saw was full of disclaimers about the authenticity of the document content. So the content isn't an issue. So that leaves only two points of contention that I can think of. Either you believe the claim that it was circulated for months is bogus. Or you don't believe that the public has the right to read such an article.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-12-2017, 9:18 AM Reply   
So back to our current "fake news." I heard this morning that "the dossier" had been in the hands of many in and out of the news for months (including CNN). I also heard that McCain personally sent someone to Europe to try to verify the dossier. Are those facts fake news / ok to report? Is reporting the true fact that both trump and Obama were briefed on the existence of the dossier "fake news"? I mean what part of this story is actually fake, other than, potentially the contents of the dossier itself?
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-12-2017, 9:30 AM Reply   
I see everyone debating the document accuracy back and forth but something I haven't heard anyone say is "that doesn't sound like Trump"
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2017, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Mark, what's your understanding that makes this a fake story, do you think the document was made up or that the intelegance was bad?
Mistaken indentity due to bad reporting and zero fact checking followed by a lame excuse and a piss poor attitude. CNN is equal to NBC in their trustworthiness.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-12-2017, 10:06 AM Reply   
I think that the average Trump supporter is fed up with politics as usual, and political correctness. I don't think that many truly think Trump is greatness, but like someone on here once said of Obama and healthcare.....it's a start. Hopefully it's a start to change how Washington, Hollywood, and main stream media operate.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-12-2017, 10:12 AM Reply   
I also think that Trump people are just as fed up with Fox News. They lean that way, support lots of what is said, but when they do a sensational story or screw it up to badly......they shake their heads just like the left does

Last edited by ord27; 01-12-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-12-2017, 10:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Mistaken indentity due to bad reporting and zero fact checking followed by a lame excuse and a piss poor attitude. CNN is equal to NBC in their trustworthiness.
I agree. Another example of what a bunch of dirt bags they are are. When Trump had "Pussygate" I found what the Media was doing far more disturbing then Trumps words. The media had he tapes weeks B4 they let them out but decide they would hold on to them until right B4 the debate, so it would have what they called "Maximum Effect" so here is a clear example of NBC trying to effect the out come of the Ellection, but all we can here about is the big bad Russians hacking Podessa's email account in a attempt to influence the election outcome . LOL what a Joke. But wait the Trump People are brain washed because we don't like the Media?
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-12-2017, 10:36 AM Reply   
But it doesn't bother any of you that the guy who started the Obama Birther campaign just called someone else "Fake news"?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-12-2017, 10:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Another Small pettty Example of what I'm taking about. yesterday in the press conference, Trump called out a reporter in the front row. The reporter asked about " Are you still planning on having Mexico pay for "the border Fence". Trump stops and says See, right there, I have never said fence or said I would build a fence. I have Always said I would build a wall but you called it a fence, that's dishonest or inaccurate reporting, and yes Mexico is going to pay for it. Why would the reporter ask the question in this manner? I'm not a professional reporter, but I know TRUMP has never said fence or anything like it? So why would he ask a stupid question like that. I know it's petty and stupid but it's just a very small example of how they twist things and WHY is what I ask
Excellent example G. Oh except in the 60 min interview he said in his own words parts would be a fence. Followed by: Trust me, I'm very good at this, it's construction [Tiny Jazz Hands] Ha ha tremendous.

https://youtu.be/_Ob1w-Wd0pQ
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-12-2017, 10:51 AM Reply   
^^^^ I get the Hypocrisy your trying to point out. As far as the Birther movement yes that could have been solved 2 seconds after that fake news started circulating Obama could have produced a birth certificate right away and then dropped the Mic �� . Just like right after the Fake Story was being pushed around about Trumps Lawyer reportedly going to Prague to work deals with the Russians. Right away Trumps Lawyerd produced a passport right away end of story move on
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-12-2017, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
I'm not sure if you are bring deliberately obtuse or really don't understand the more subtle points.

Undisputed facts:
There is a document put together by the intelegance community detailing with among other things trump sex acts in Russia.
Obama and trump have been briefed about the document
The document has been circulating Washington for a couple of months
McCain presented the doc to the FBI who are investigating

Disputed facts:
The truth of the claims

IMO it is not CNNs job to fact check the contents of the doc, just its existence and origin. Saying they cannot report it's existence until they personal fact check is crazy for all sorts of reasons. To call this fake news is disingenuous, you are being manipulated.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-12-2017, 11:04 AM Reply   
I find any politician complaining about another's sex acts....to be sadly funny
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-12-2017, 11:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
I find any politician complaining about another's sex acts....to be sadly funny
I agree, they all seem to be deviants, the more power, the more twisted. Maybe not Obama, never been any suggestions about him. Anyway, the problem is not that Trump is a sex pervert its that he displayed poor enough judgement to do it in Russia and allow himself to be setup for possible extortion.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-12-2017, 11:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
I agree, they all seem to be deviants, the more power, the more twisted. Maybe not Obama, never been any suggestions about him. Anyway, the problem is not that Trump is a sex pervert its that he displayed poor enough judgement to do it in Russia and allow himself to be setup for possible extortion.
I am reading that you believe the contents of this document to be true?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-12-2017, 11:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by meathead65 View Post
I am reading that you believe the contents of this document to be true?
I don't know. Certainly some of it already disproven but it doesn't mean it's all wrong, the accusations are varied and are self supporting, ie some can be false with others bring true.

I wouldn't be supprised one bit if Trump was that stupid
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-12-2017, 11:38 AM Reply   
Ralph; Ok so NOW we are debating the fine details of Trumps 60 Min interview with Lesli Stall.

I think you can find better examples of trump being wishy washy but we will will go with this one because you asked and because your 6,500 Miles away or over 10 K as you Kiwis like to call miles, I will break it down for you

The border wall runs threw aeras where its wetlands and a fence that lets water pass threw it is as trump said "more appropriate" same go's for other areas of the US Mexico border that are Sand Like Desert and a Traditional Wall would quickly become over run by wind blown sand so a wall that lets wind and sand go threw its is
"more appropriate"
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-12-2017, 11:41 AM Reply   
Further, the way he reacts to crisis like this is extremely amusing. I know I shouldn't feel this way but it gives me a lot of pleasure to see an unlikeable narsassit like him get put in the stress pressure cooker and get angry. I couldn't think of a worse life imo.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-12-2017, 11:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Right away Trumps Lawyerd produced a passport right away end of story move on
I've been to Prague and a ton of other countries without them stamping the passport. It's not 1950 they use electronics now. My passport only gets stamped by countries that require a visa and China.

Showing you don't have a Czech stamp in your passport proves NOTHING.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-12-2017, 11:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ralph; Ok so NOW we are debating the fine details of Trumps 60 Min interview with Lesli Stall.

I think you can find better examples of trump being wishy washy but we will will go with this one because you asked and because your 6,500 Miles away or over 10 K as you Kiwis like to call miles, I will break it down for you

The border wall runs threw aeras where its wetlands and a fence that lets water pass threw it is as trump said "more appropriate" same go's for other areas of the US Mexico border that are Sand Like Desert and a Traditional Wall would quickly become over run by wind blown sand so a wall that lets wind and sand go threw its is
"more appropriate"
Excellent, do you know the proportion of sand and wet land to wall length?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-12-2017, 11:58 AM Reply   
"IMO it is not CNNs job to fact check the contents of the doc"

^This right here. It is absolutely CNNs job to fact check the "news" they are putting out there. The fact they can print anything without knowing its a fact is complete BS and should have repercussions. I am not saying it is or isn't true, but the media as a whole needs to be held accountable for what they print. Printing falsehoods about people use to carry severe consequences.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2017, 12:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm not sure if you are bring deliberately obtuse or really don't understand the more subtle points.

Undisputed facts:
There is a document put together by the intelegance community detailing with among other things trump sex acts in Russia.
Obama and trump have been briefed about the document
The document has been circulating Washington for a couple of months
McCain presented the doc to the FBI who are investigating

Disputed facts:
The truth of the claims

IMO it is not CNNs job to fact check the contents of the doc, just its existence and origin. Saying they cannot report it's existence until they personal fact check is crazy for all sorts of reasons. To call this fake news is disingenuous, you are being manipulated.
Paul just answered it for me.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       01-12-2017, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Doublemwa;
I see what you did right their. That plays right into my point. We either agree with you or you Twist the story and post it as a way of punishment

Now I'm sure some people are in fact brain washed and that's not who we are talking about so I have no idea why your brought them up. what I think won Trump the White House is not brain washed Americans. And yes I believe and think a free presss is important. But the info has to be accurate. If your new agency is a hack then who better to call it out but the person who is the most written about. Trump knows first hand what story's are fake and who's pushing them. Once again F" the media and Hollywood. They painted them self in the corner that are in they can paint them selfs out.
Someone just made a point at the office, you cant blame Hollywood when you voted for a reality star.

Shawn beat me to my point. Using the logic that because the story is about Trump than he should be the ultimate source or truth is in itself a hallmark of being brain washed.

I'll say it agin, I don't think the report is true. But all CNN, and others, did was report that it existed and even called it "unverified" The only reason Trump supporters are ill is because Trump is ill and it doesn't go in line with what they want to believe. What do you think is going to happen, Trump is going to come out and verify the story himself?

What is undeniable is the dossier has a trail or creditability. That trail was long enough to give it some weight, but not long enough to confirm or deny. All i've seen to this point is that the trail exist and it's length. Personally, I'm able to understand that and don't mind the reporting on it. If a similar report of Hillary banging midgets came out that couldn't be verified I would want to know that too.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-12-2017, 2:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
"IMO it is not CNNs job to fact check the contents of the doc"

^This right here. It is absolutely CNNs job to fact check the "news" they are putting out there. The fact they can print anything without knowing its a fact is complete BS and should have repercussions. I am not saying it is or isn't true, but the media as a whole needs to be held accountable for what they print. Printing falsehoods about people use to carry severe consequences.
Ok, we just have a difference of opinion then, i see that the existence of this document is news where you think it is not news unless the contents of the doc is verified. That's cool I understand that position, as long as you are consistent in applying it.
Old    deltahoosier            01-12-2017, 2:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ok, we just have a difference of opinion then, i see that the existence of this document is news where you think it is not news unless the contents of the doc is verified. That's cool I understand that position, as long as you are consistent in applying it.
It is what you call a smear campaign. One outlet says something about it, then the next reports on the first outlets report. The details do not matter as the real intent is to start the rumors and get that to be the topic.

Harry Reed did that to someone in congress. Said he heard such and such, and the news started to report the rumor that Harry Reed heard such and such. Reed had made it up on the spot. Old tactic.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-12-2017, 2:53 PM Reply   
Do you guys think we should hold the Media to a higher standard? The "click bate" style of Media these days When is NBC gonna bring back Brian Williams