Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-21-2019, 3:22 AM Reply   
So is there a solution? I know many will blame the democrats or politicians in general. While it does seems to be more prevalent in democratic ran states, that is not the whole problem obviously.

We all know throwing money at it, does not solve a damn thing. We know building more housing areas and sanctioning them to specific areas of the city do not solve it either. Now you have crazy diseases coming back from 100 years ago.

So what's the WakeWorld community thing is the step 1-5 solution to start changing it? Can't just say it is a mental illness issue and call it done. Can't just say they are addicts, let them rot. Thousands of people try to help the problem and trillions of dollars are spent, yet it gets significantly worse each year.

I was reading where LA has spent like $3trillion in the last 5 years towards the issue, and it has got 25% worse and like 60-70% of the population is actually homeless. While the are all jsut numbers for the media, you wild think $3 trillion could go a long way towards a solution. I see Portland is in the same state of affairs, but with less money and its growing rapidly.

So let's hear it? How does our country fix these issues?