Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-04-2012, 1:58 PM Reply   
Got an "ecohitch" put on the prius c and today got around to trying out the new bike rack from 1up. Modular design so easy for the gf to handle/carry if just going out solo. Not a cheap rack but the quality and thought that went into the design is great. Way better than the Thule 917 I had previously.
Attached Images

Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-04-2012, 2:31 PM Reply   
That looks really nice and functional. I debated back and forth on a wide range of racks. We have two cars and both do not have receivers, easy enough to self install a receiver but then add in a nice rack and I could get an other bike. Went with Seasucker vacuum rack. Works really well. We did a 1,500 mile road trip with two bikes on top of my wife's car. None of the cups needed any additional vacuum.
Attached Images

Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-04-2012, 6:06 PM Reply   
That looks really nice. We went with a Thule T2. We're on sale and couldn'tt really pass up the price. That looks like a really nice rack though.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       07-05-2012, 11:14 PM Reply   
A Prius? And it is not black? :P Is that a 2" receiver, as it is hard to tell?

I still have my Thule T2 that has been holding up okay over the years, although usually I just throw my bike in the back. Wish I could say the same for my high mileage Prius, as it also has a lot of miles towing our boat.

Last edited by peter_c; 07-05-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-05-2012, 11:46 PM Reply   
Peter!!! Yes no more black cars for me. And it is a 2". Kind of pricey - the Curt hitch is a lot cheaper but 1.25" only.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-03-2012, 10:46 AM Reply   
Sean Please SHOW the BMC that was mounted on the roof and didn't duck when your wife drove your car into the garage
Wes: Thats a cool set up.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-04-2012, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Sean Please SHOW the BMC that was mounted on the roof and didn't duck when your wife drove your car into the garage
Wes: Thats a cool set up.
killing me...

really killing me as that pics reminds me, the two bikes on there + my wife's Tri bike where stolen out of our qarage a little while back. Both my Tri and Track bike had race wheels on them too.... we're talking $15K worth of bikes out the door. Police found my wife's bike 1/2 mile from our house in the local woods. My bikes are gone... I had my fit dialed on the track bike and was really enjoying racing this season, now I just want to shoot someone.

Broke BMC as requested, vacumming the carbon fiber dust out of the car (came in thru the sun roof) really was icing on the bummer cake that day.
Attached Images

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-04-2012, 9:24 AM Reply   
how does the prius do at freeway speeds with the bikes?

I had an oldschool hitch rack on the back of my wrx that you had to take the front wheel off for (basically fork mount trays permanently mounted sideways) and it was great and allowed access to the hatch with bikes mounted.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-04-2012, 9:55 AM Reply   
Damn Sean, that sucks. Have you checked out velobuild.com at all. I think deng fu or one of the other chinese factories is making a copy or similar bike to that BMC. It is a cool website. they have added a online shopping mall and have frames from a bunch of different chinese carbon factories.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-04-2012, 10:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Damn Sean, that sucks. Have you checked out velobuild.com at all. I think deng fu or one of the other chinese factories is making a copy or similar bike to that BMC. It is a cool website. they have added a online shopping mall and have frames from a bunch of different chinese carbon factories.
I replaced that BMC with a Jamis Xeinth SL that I really like. Not as sexy as the BMC but rides and fits better. The BMC incident was a few years back. Right now I'm working with Mr. Crampy's on replacing the stolen Tri and Track bikes. Might be getting into a pair of Argon 18 bikes. We'll see how it works out. I have a budet to work with and making things fit under that is tough. It's cheaper to piece bikes together with used parts and screaming deals here and there. Buying them complete with nice wheels is $$$ for sure.