Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-21-2011, 2:31 PM Reply   
has anyone seen this movie? I thought they did a great job with the amazing story of his survival. I took some more time to research Aron Ralston and am reading his book now. What a perspective on life. I am definitely going to try and get out and do some more exploring this year and luckily I live in utah and am close to a wide variety of scenery.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-21-2011, 3:15 PM Reply   
I didn't see the movie but I did watch the episode of 20/20 with Aron and the jounalist where they went back to the site. Pretty amazing story. I couldn't imagine cutting my own arm off. And to think it all could have been avoided if he went out with someone else.
Old     (jerasu98)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-21-2011, 3:38 PM Reply   
Or just told someone about his trip.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-22-2011, 12:28 PM Reply   
I saw the movie and I thought it was really well done. I couldn't imagine being in a position like that.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-23-2011, 5:19 AM Reply   
how long was the movie? the title is throwing me off..
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-23-2011, 8:18 AM Reply   
Tried to go see this last week but wasnt showing at either theater in my town. Guess I'll wait until DVD.
Old     (RedRum)      Join Date: Nov 2010       02-23-2011, 11:41 AM Reply   
I'd be interested in seeing it. At first I thought "how can you make a full length movie about a guy being trapped in a canyon with a boulder pinning him there?" I mean you pretty much know what is going to happen and how it turns out. But now that I have heard decent reviews, I kind of want to see it. Think I will wait for it to come out and rent it though. I'd like to read the book too, let me know what you thought of it.
Old    alanp            02-23-2011, 4:51 PM Reply   
ive seen the movie and im also reading the book. there are some differences between the character in the movie and aron. i wish they would have incorporated his earlier life experiences into the movie. by all accounts he shouldve died waaay before he ever got stuck in the canyon. the movie was good though and entertaining. i was skeptical how they would make the movie entertaining but they did.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-24-2011, 2:35 PM Reply   
i finished the book. Great read. You can also watch the dateline nbc special of him going back 6 months later on youtube. It was interesting to learn more about him after the rescue including the time spent at the hospital and all that his friends and family did to help in the search. fascinating guy.