Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2016, 4:18 PM Reply   
More GEM car Mania
Before;
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2016, 4:19 PM Reply   
After;
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2016, 4:20 PM Reply   
^^^ This is my Winter Whip^^^^^ "snowflake"
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-17-2016, 9:48 AM Reply   
Looks pretty cool, Britney.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2016, 6:33 AM Reply   
I see you have a Chevy truck. That will fit in the bed nicely. Then you won't have to walk home when it breaks down. You can drive home. Lol
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-18-2016, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
I see you have a Chevy truck. That will fit in the bed nicely. Then you won't have to walk home when it breaks down. You can drive home. Lol
A www come on Robert now that's just down right mean of you. in all of my Gem car adventures I'm more worried about running out of battery power then breaking down. Especially now that it's cold outside all my gems have lost 15-20% range. The battery's are not at their best in the cold weather.

As far as putting the Gem in the back of the truck I'm sure it could be done but you would need some serious equipment to do it. I bought a small trailer from the neighbor to moving gems around. I have not had to be rescued yet (knock on wood)
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-18-2016, 6:21 PM Reply   
I hope you knew I was just joking.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-19-2016, 9:21 AM Reply   
Robert: yes I knew your were kidding. I also know you are a tree hugger and you drive a Prius like me and you never where shoes! And if you do they had to be made of Help rope! LOL on a serious note I have see pictures of a 2 seater GEM in the bed of a full sized truck. It looks like a total P.I.T.A but I'm sure if the car had stock wheels and the truck had ramps inside the bed (to get the gem cars wheels over the humps is the bed) I'm sure it would work. The 4 seaters are almost 12 feet long so it would be a Tight fit for the 4 seater
Old    bigdtx            01-19-2016, 12:50 PM Reply   
With the doors on that thing looks like a smart car... Pulled up next to one of those the other day and I'm sure it'd fit in the back of my truck.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-19-2016, 4:15 PM Reply   
4 Seater GEM is Bigger then a Smart car. A Smart car is only 8.17 feet long Gem is close to 12 foot
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-19-2016, 10:10 PM Reply   
That's crazy. Have you seen the meme where the people in a smart car had a collision with a squirrel? Now that's some funny stuff.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-26-2016, 3:50 PM Reply   
Turns out Lithium Kits are not Cheep. I need to do some wheeling and dealing to fund my next project (Lithium gem car battery pack). I picked up this Gem last weekend gonna do some work on it and flip it. $2500

The battery's that were in this Gem were junk. I removed all 6 of them and then had to move the car around. I was blowen away at how easy they move when you take out all of the batterys and they loose 477 pounds in battery weight. That sealed the deal for me. I told my self right there I need to do a Lithium kit in my Gem.
Attached Images

Old    bigdtx            01-26-2016, 4:06 PM Reply   
Grant - the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Hi, I'm Grant and I have a GEM car addiction....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-26-2016, 6:51 PM Reply   
^Ain't that the truth!^
I have always loved electronics and who doesn't love golf carts? They seem to go perfect with lake house's or lake life. There is quite a collection of Gem's & Ford thinks at our lake. Come summer time just look for the collection of carts outside and their is a party going on inside
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-26-2016, 9:58 PM Reply   
The telescope on the deck is so cool!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-28-2016, 6:56 AM Reply   
Notice 2 GEM's with the lights on top, looks like community security came to join the party, LOL. Awesome picture!