Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Ccamp2)      Join Date: May 2012       07-11-2016, 10:48 AM Reply   
I just bought a New 2015 NXT 20 last week. I have went to top it off twice just to make sure it is full.. However, the fuel gauge is showing under half tank when I am sitting and when I am driving..

Thoughts?
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-11-2016, 5:33 PM Reply   
Most of the boats I have been on have fuel gauges that don't work. In this case though, just get the dealer to check it out. It definitely is still under warranty.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-11-2016, 5:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Most of the mastercrafts I have been on have fuel gauges that don't work. In this case though, just get the dealer to check it out. It definitely is still under warranty.
fixed that for you. Never been an issue on anything else to me.

No joke, find the tank in the floor and look where the sender is and stomp on the floor above it. Probably just a stuck slider.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-11-2016, 6:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
fixed that for you. Never been an issue on anything else to me.

No joke, find the tank in the floor and look where the sender is and stomp on the floor above it. Probably just a stuck slider.
Yep, you definitely fixed it. I clearly wasn't talking about the multiple Sea Rays, Moombas, Malibus, and Carvers I have been on and helped maintain.

Everything has to be a pissing match on this site...
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-11-2016, 7:31 PM Reply   
Pull the sending unit out of the tank and calibrate it... Measure how many inches the tank ID is from bottom to top.. Make sure your float fulcrum point is mid way between that.. and adjust the sweep by shortening the arm of the float..
Old     (imscarlet)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-12-2016, 2:11 AM Reply   
Just got this from MC factory today.... when calibrating fuel gauge, tank must be less than half full before attempting calibration. With gauge showing less than 1/2 a tank turn key off, fill boat with fuel and then key back on and it will recalibrate itself. My advice make sure you run tank level well down before filling it and see if it sorts it self our or otherwise might be time to visit dealer
Old     (Ccamp2)      Join Date: May 2012       07-13-2016, 6:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by imscarlet View Post
Just got this from MC factory today.... when calibrating fuel gauge, tank must be less than half full before attempting calibration. With gauge showing less than 1/2 a tank turn key off, fill boat with fuel and then key back on and it will recalibrate itself. My advice make sure you run tank level well down before filling it and see if it sorts it self our or otherwise might be time to visit dealer
Thank Ian.. I will give this one a try.. I have filled it up now twice thinking maybe I wasn't putting in enough gas.. I guess this gives me an excuse to run the 10 hours on it this weekend so it can also get its first oil change
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-13-2016, 7:20 PM Reply   
Recalibrate - jeez, they are making these 2 complicated by getting computers involved. Like others said, should just be a sending unit and a gauge. Anything other then that is OVER engineered. And my 3 boats always worked fine.