Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-20-2016, 6:35 AM Reply   
Need the help of WakeWorld. I am in the middle of building and new boat garage with an apartment above for my dad to stay when he is in town. Its time for the electric rough in and I'm trying to decide how much lighting and what type I want to go with. Garage dimensions are 34x40 with 14' ceilings. Any help would be appreciated!
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-20-2016, 7:52 AM Reply   
I used recessed flouresant fixtures. This mats the roof of the garage smooth. Try and get a garage door that has Windows to let in light but try and align the windows in the garage door with your ceiling lighting so that when the door is UP the ceiling lighting shines threw the window in the garage. Example my garage is great tones of light. But when you roll up the garage door 1/2 of my light go's by by. It's like a solar eclipse. I was actually considering mounting lights on the sides of the walls pointing down and into the boat. That way the garage door position has zero effect on your light.

BTW "big ass fans"has a ridiculously overpriced LED wall mounted LED light check it out for some idea possabley you could find a knock off version for a fair price.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-20-2016, 8:02 AM Reply   
I'm an electrical contractor and I built a shop very similar to yours ten years ago except mine is 10' wider. I lit mine with can lights. The cost difference is negligible between that and decent quality surface mounted garage lights. LED can lights are pretty cheap now and they would look super cool in that application. I'd recommend equaly spacing at least 30 or so cans in there. I put 48 in mine, but mine are fluorescent and don't have as high of an output as LED's. I've never had a customer complain about it being too bright in their garage or shop so don't be afraid to light it up.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-20-2016, 10:09 AM Reply   
I put 2 of these in my 2-car garage. now I can actually SEE when working on boat or cars. I didn't mind they weren't surface mounted, they throw a TON of light.

http://www.amazon.com/ASD-Garage-Fix...ED+shop+lights