Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-03-2014, 11:18 AM Reply   
Tara Mishra, 33 years old. Says she saved over a Million dollars in cash stripping since she was 18.
She had all 1 million dollars in the back of her car when she got pulled over for speeding.
Nebraska cop's searched her car and found the Money and seized it.

The State found that the money was not linked with Durg's ect and was earned legitimately and orded to return it.

This interesting part of the story for me is that a Stripper actually saved a Million Dollars in cash!

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...exotic-dancer/
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-03-2014, 11:29 AM Reply   
So help with the Math
She is 33 years old She started when she was 18
So that's 15 years of stripping and saving.
That would mean she was putting away over $66 grand a year.
I don't know what her cost of living would be but it would be safe to say it would or could cost her 30 grand a year to squeak by. So she had to be making $90-$100 K a year just stripping.

This chick should get a Award!!! She is the Tony Robbins or Tom Foo of strippers. She needs to run a clinic showing other Strippers how it's done.

Chris Rock might want to re-think his like about dad's goal in life is to keep their daughters off the pole.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-03-2014, 11:53 AM Reply   
She might be a great saver, but seriously... keeping it in your car is the dumbest thing I ever heard.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-03-2014, 12:02 PM Reply   
All you need to do is be the ONE stripper who isn't addicted to drugs. I was worried from the title of this thread that some politicians were blowing tax money on strippers again.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-03-2014, 12:43 PM Reply   
The tax man cometh.
Old     (michaelvincz)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-03-2014, 1:58 PM Reply   
Cost 30 grand a year to squeak by... I dont know where you live or what you pay in rent, mortgage car payment etc, but the average median income is only like 25-30k per person... 50K per household.... a single person ie stripper who probably doesnt have a car payment, low rent 500-800 a month and no insurance can live well off 30k a year. Not squeak by... and considering she probably brought in 500-1000 a night, as long is wasnt all going up her nose or in her arm It probably wouldnt take as long as some may think. He/L she was a stripper all she had to do for some drugs is give a little more than hugs.... not that hard to believe.... but good fro her either way, smarter than most strippers thats for sure!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-03-2014, 2:40 PM Reply   
Some lonely club goer (or 2 or more) was probably paying her rent. Same thing with a car payment. Strippers can easily live for free because guys will pay their bills. Just takes some wagging of the ******* and a good sob story, and strippers are GREAT at both of those. Make the guy feel special and the wallet opens up.
Good for her on saving the $$$. She is an idiot for keeping it in the car and because if that she now is going to have to pay taxes on that. Also, I'm sure the gubmint is not going to take it lightly that she lied on her tax returns for all those years. This prob will not end good for her. Back to the pole for her.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-03-2014, 5:59 PM Reply   
Andy I was thinking the same thing. Good job on saving all that money and total fail for keeping it ink large trash bags and running cross country with it. Did anybody find out why the state troopers had the right or suspicion to search her car and find the money!

My guess is once the taxman is done with her she's going to lose $4-$600,000 of that million. That is unless she can prove she was paying tax on all of her wages. You guys seen that shirt or bumper sticker that has a stripper on a pole with the message "I support single moms" below it
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-04-2014, 5:52 AM Reply   
Thats a rare bird right there that can save money... Most strippers piss it away as easy as it comes in...

She's about to get schooled by the 'TaxMan"... haha..
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-04-2014, 6:14 AM Reply   
assuming she didn't declare the income already.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-04-2014, 8:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pad1Tai View Post
Thats a rare bird right there that can save money... Most strippers piss it away as easy as it comes in...

She's about to get schooled by the 'TaxMan"... haha..
Um, most people piss it away as easy as it comes. I know of a couple ladies who stripped their way through college. They're both lawyers now. It's not always the down on your luck junkies who strip anymore. She is pretty stupid for keeping it in trash bags though. Can you imagine saving all that money, only to lose it in a fire, theft, etc. that would suck.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-04-2014, 8:50 AM Reply   
+1 I know a handful of successful girls who used stripping as a stepping stone!

99% of america lives paycheck to paycheck that's why they are the 99%
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-04-2014, 9:00 AM Reply   
Even if she declares it and pays her taxes on it she will still have a decent amount. Probably kept in in cash like that so she didn't have to put it in a bank and declare it or pay taxes on it.
Good for her though. My sisters could have taken a lesson from her, but then again they guys would have to want to tip them for them to save any.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       03-04-2014, 9:39 AM Reply   
Real question is why did she consent to a search of her vehicle? They can't search unless you consent, there are illegal items (drugs) in plain sight, or a drug dog indicates (often when the handler/cop tells the dog to). Since the money is being returned I'm guessing there were no drugs in the vehicle.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-04-2014, 10:27 AM Reply   
I'm guessing that she thought having that much cash was not a problem.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-06-2014, 11:56 AM Reply   
U.S. District Judge Joseph Bataillon wrote in his opinion last week, "The government failed to show a substantial connection between drugs and the money. The dog sniff is inconsequential… The court finds the Mishras' story is credible… Ms. Mishra did have control over the money and directed the Dheris to deliver the money to New Jersey for the purchase of the business. (The government) left too many unanswered questions and had a general failure of proof in this case."
Tara Mishra and her friends can now open that nightclub.