Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (16igordon)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-11-2014, 7:21 AM Reply   
Looking to get a new board. Would like to get it from West Marine because I have credit to use there. Found the forefront that looks like a good board. Anyone have experience with this board, or suggest other similar ones? Currently have a hyperlite motive and have just outgrown it. It was a great beginner board behind out i/o but we recently got a wakesetter so looking to upgrade to something that will allow more.

http://www.wakeworld.com/products/in..._detail&p=6577

http://westmarine.com/wakeboard-comb...ings--14162416
Old     (CRS_mi)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-11-2014, 3:45 PM Reply   
That site also has the Hyperlite tribute w/ focus boots. I'd definitely go with the tribute even though it's a little more money. The focus boots are a good budget boot and the tribute is a great board. It's very beginner friendly with a really rolled edge in the center and the center fin in and then if you pull the center fin off it's a really fun board that still locks in while on edge but is loose when neutral.

Last edited by CRS_mi; 04-11-2014 at 3:50 PM.
Old     (Goonz)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-12-2014, 10:20 AM Reply   
The forefront was my very first board. It's ok if you want to learn how to ride switch, but once you get used to it, it is a very slow board. Spend a little more on a board that you can use a couple of seasons.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-12-2014, 7:39 PM Reply   
I rode the Motive for many years and recently picked up a new 2012 Tex 138 from BoardCo.com for $179. It's a great board and a killer price. My only con would be that it doesn't have much flex if you like pressing on the rails. I'm riding the Jobe Conflict 138 right now, but the Tex is my backup board.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-12-2014, 11:07 PM Reply   
Forefront is a great board for beginner as it's asymmetrical and will help you develop your toe edge, but if you're looking to step out of your motive, +1 for the Tribute. It's an awesome intermediate board that you can rock forever. If you're not partial to Hyperlite, the Ronix District is also a great step into intermediate boards if you can dig some serious red on the board and bindings.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-14-2014, 9:45 AM Reply   
find a board that you can grow into instead of grow out of
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       05-14-2014, 8:37 PM Reply   
Sounds like you're well above my level. I just cut back and forth and occasionally clear the wake. You def have a better wake than me (ski brendella) but my forefront 09 is my favorite board. But I've only riden a handful.