Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (imbiss)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-23-2010, 2:21 PM Reply   
We just sold an X1 with the intention of getting something a little roomier. We thought we'd go right into an X2, but we're now considering a SAN 210. Our priorities are wakeboarding and surfing (hopefully without having to add too much weight over the stock ballast). I would appreciate hearing anyone's experience and whether these are comparable boats for those activities.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-23-2010, 2:29 PM Reply   
I was not a fan of the X2 wake shape. Much prefer the wake of the SAN. They are both solid boats but IMO one far excels in the wake department.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-23-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
Wake wise the 210 with stock ballast will crush the X2. I have an xstar(X1) and if I had a choice between the two I would take the 210 all day long. I ride with a guy that has an 08 210 and its stock wake full ballast is better. Its also roomier the X2 is only 20ft but you get the pickelfork so gain some space in the bow. I love MC and love my boat but just think between the two I would go that route. Now to me a better apples to apples comparison would be X25,X15 to the SAN210. I have not been behind either one of those. Good luck in my unbiased brand goggle opinion.

Last edited by tampawake; 06-23-2010 at 2:38 PM. Reason: poor grammar
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-23-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
I think you would be extremely disappointed in the wake performance in moving from the X1 to the X2. Moving from the X1 to the SAN210 you will be only slightly disappointed, haha.
Old    mojo            06-23-2010, 3:40 PM Reply   
if you are looking at 07 and up 210's you will find a roomier interior. anything older and it will be roughly the same size inside. i'd go with a nautique. i owned an 05 x-2 which is the same as your x-1 and i have an 05 210 now. they both have their ups and downs, but one has pcm and one has indmar. pcm is better.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-24-2010, 5:50 AM Reply   
Sante, once you own one you will never go back.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-24-2010, 7:36 AM Reply   
Are you comparing 2006 and up X2 to a 2007 and up 210? Just confused on exactly what you are looking at. As a 2006 X2 owner I am very satisfied with the wake but I do have extra ballast pluumbed in. The 600lbs factory simply is not enough weight for most intermediate riders. However, it gives beginners a great wake to start with and when you are ready to go big, just fill up the fly high system and the wake is great!

The X2 has tons of storage and room for friends and family.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-24-2010, 8:33 AM Reply   
Been in both. I am bias since I own a Nautique but 210 over the X-2, no question. If you want to stay with MC look at the X-25 rather than the X-2.
Old     (gregg_rossi)      Join Date: Feb 2009       06-24-2010, 8:46 AM Reply   
I went from an 06 X-1 to an 08 X-2 and think it was a great move. I run stock ballast in my X-2 with a couple extra bags and the wake is great, if we just out for a quick set we will run just stock ballast and still its decent. The interior room is so nice and would be hard to match. But I don't have much current experience behind a SAN.
Old     (jjaszkow)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-24-2010, 9:57 AM Reply   
In order to get a great wake out of the X2, you'll have to add additional ballast. I don't think of either as super roomy boats, however I like the seating arrangement of the 210 a bit better. If I was making this choice, I would be picking the 210, but honestly you can't go bad with either boat (although I am sure you'll miss the wake of that X1).
Old     (JamesPB22)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-24-2010, 4:15 PM Reply   
Got a mate looking at these two options aswell. Seems as though the X2 has copped a bit of a slagging. would you not reccommend spending the dollars on a wake boat where you have to fill her up with extra saks that take up room (especially in a 20ft'r)? its alot of dollars to be spending on a boat that you have to add extra lbs to, to acheive a wake similar to the Sante. Can we throw a Malibu VLX around the 08 model into the mix and get a comparison and opinions on all three?
Old     (ctimrun)      Join Date: Aug 2009       06-24-2010, 4:54 PM Reply   
I looked at all the 20' - 21' boats last year and after a ton of research narrowed it down to the X2 and the SANTE 210. Both are great boats, the 210 was just better for me. The stock wake of the 210 is no joke, the X2 needs more weight to compete with it. I did not care for most of the X2's graphics/colors, and I couldn't get over the futuristic looking dash of the X2, which IMO will be antiquated in a couple years. I also liked the PCM engine better over the MCX. Our PCM does very well on fuel consumption compared to my good friend's MCX in his X14V.

You will not go wrong with either boat! Be sure to consider the dealer you will be dealing with. If one dealer was better than the other I would be swayed to buy that MFG...... Good luck, show us pics when you decide!
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-25-2010, 7:46 AM Reply   
I don't own either a MC or Nauti (no owner goggles here) but ride behind an 08 210 a lot and had my share of pulls behind an X2, but if you are serious about the wake and surf wave, the 210 will far out perform the X2 behind the boat. The 210 may be the best out of the box wakes out there and gets sick if you add more. I was in a slammed X2 yesterday with stock + about 1000lbs additionall + 10 peeps and not sure that wake was as big or solid as a stock 210. The X2 wins out on interior space in the bow and is a little roomier overall but you can have 6-8 peeps in the 210 all day long without too much bumping into each other.
Old    mojo            06-25-2010, 5:11 PM Reply   
FYI-there isn't one boat on the market that stock ballast will provide a proper wake for the intermediate-advanced rider. now you can plumb in sacs via fly high, but that's not stock.