Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-11-2010, 5:58 AM Reply   
I was curious what pro 60's fit the baroque fct3 tower. I don't see a
specific model listed on their website for this tower. Do the
standard 60's fit? Are there special brackets that I need to order?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-11-2010, 7:10 AM Reply   
Heath,

I depends on what you want to do. You can fit any Wet Sounds you want on the FCT3 tower up top with out any adapters, just using the clamps that come with the speakers.

A pair of 485's fits, 3-Some, Double Up, pair or two pairs of 80's, pair or two pairs of 60's or combo of 80/60 etc...All of these will go up top on the cross bar.

Now if you want to go for the factory look and have speakers on the sides. Yes we do have a special adapter. The part is called the ADP-Nautique-B. You would use this adapter with the PRO 60 G3 versions. The G3 version is a special version set up to adapt to plates like this one. We also have the 80G3 and MB-8 G3.

So you can go with any of those on on the sides if you prefer that look. We are updating the web site with a ton of new stuff so it takes some times to get everything up there. These are in stock and shipping.

You can give Justin or Omar a call at the office at 877-938-7757 and they can get you more info

Here is a pic of one with 2 pairs of the brand new 2010 PRO 60

Tim
Wet Sounds

Upload
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-11-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
Heath, I have the 80's on my tower and love them. If you can squeeze the 80s or the 485s above the Z5 cargo rack, I would lean towards that. Correct me if I'm wrong Tim, the 60s are nice but cant match the output of the 80s or 485s.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-11-2010, 8:29 AM Reply   
You are correct Adam. The PRO 60's are the highest spl you will see in the smaller sized tower speakers but cone area plays an important role in output.

It really depends on your sound goals on which route to go. Some want the combo of smaller size and output. So the 60's are a perfect mix of high output and compact size. Some want the all out loudest etc...and opt for the larger 80's or 485's.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-11-2010, 9:03 AM Reply   
Heath,

Tim mentioned that you have multiple options to mount speakers above. I would urge anyone to keep all the speakers as high as possible. Consider that the speakers which are half way up the vertical tower are only 30 inches above the ears of the rear seat occupants.

Also, one pair of 485s are identical in price to two pair of 60s. If you're comfortable with an arrangement that departs from the factory locations then the 485s represent much higher performance all around.

Or, are the 60s carry over from a previous boat? Four 60s are still really loud.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-11-2010, 12:10 PM Reply   
You can squeeze a pair of 485's on a fct3 tower with a z5. I did it on my boat.

Upload
Upload
Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-12-2010, 5:55 AM Reply   
If the 485's fit as Tom shows in his pics above then the Pro 60's or Pro 80's shoulld also fit. Is this a safe assumption?
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-12-2010, 7:15 AM Reply   
Yes you can fit all the Wet Sounds and any of the combos I mentioned up top.

The only fitment issue would be the PRO 80 and the Z5. You do not mention if you have the Z5. If you don't then the 80's up top will be fine. If you do have a Z5 then the 485 pair or 60's up top will fit fine as the 485 and the 60's are lower hang height than the 80's. But the 80's would probably not work with the Z5.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-12-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
Tim,

I do have the z-5 rack, so what i am hearing you say is that i should probably stay away from the pro-80, What about the 3-some and double up with the z-5?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-12-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
Heath,

Two 485's will fit with a fct3. It is tight, but it will work. If you want to call me so I can tell you how I did it, let me know. Just pm me.

I know that z5 will make custom brackets for you to drop the height of your z5 is you send them your stock brackets. I used the stock stuff, but all I can fit on my z5 now are surfboards because of the depth of the 485's.

It was worth the sound quality to get the 485's, so I just put my boards in the swivel racks!