Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-20-2011, 3:57 PM Reply   
I took my 2006 F250 in for a detailing. When I drove it home, I noticed that the check engine light was on. I took it by the dealership. It was right at closing time so I only was able to talk with a mechanic. He said that a sensor might have gotten wet, resulting in the light coming on. He seemed to think that after 50 miles, the computer would start another cycle, and the light would go off. It didn't.

I drove to Tyler and back, 250 miles, and it was still on. This morning I took it to a local 1 man mechanic shop. He hooked it to his computer and found 2 codes indicating that there is a problem with the EGR system. He cleared the codes and the light went off. He said that the codes could have been a result of the sensor getting wet.

I drove off and didn't get a check engine light the rest of that outing.

The mechanic said if it came back on, I could drive it for awhile with no worries. He said that I would just have to keep an eye on performance and over heating.

The light came back on.

question for you diesel guys

If I am not having any heating ,smoking or performance issues, can I ignore it for a month or 2....or 3?

when I do address it, do I have to replace the cooler and the valve, or can I just replace the valve.

I know that some are going to say use the EGR delete, but I decided not to go that route.

the truck just now rolled to 98,000 miles. I have never had any issues until now.....and now it's just a light

thanks