Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Showmethebutter)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-24-2010, 2:10 PM Reply   
I am looking to add a sub to my existing setup. I have already wired in a decent amp that will put out 170rms and thats what i wnt to use for the sub.

I want to mount it in a small enclosure (hence the 2 subs in question) of about 11"x11"x18"

It will go in a seat base that is just fabric on one side so the sound should have no trouble getting out.

Bearing in mind its only going to be getting 170rms which would you guys reccomend?

Im hoping you say the JL as its half the price of the wetsounds!
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       04-24-2010, 2:21 PM Reply   
If price is the concern get a Kicker CVR10 off of ebay. I got one for $50.
Old     (Showmethebutter)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-24-2010, 2:38 PM Reply   
Price isnt really a huge concern i would rather spend the money and get the best performing sub that will fit in there and do well with just 170rms.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-24-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
The XS-10FA and Kicker Comp Vr10 are out due to the fact that 170 RMS is not enough.

So it looks like you are down to the JL that was recommended in your previous thread.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-24-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showmethebutter View Post
Price isnt really a huge concern i would rather spend the money and get the best performing sub that will fit in there and do well with just 170rms.
If budget is not a huge concern, then consider an amp that will deliver around 400 watts rms, then you will really open up the field to a bunch more players. 170 is not a lot.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-24-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   
Based on 170 Watts go with the JL

If the amp can go 2 OHM and increases to 250+ watts the 10FA dual 4 ohm would be the way to go.
Old     (heath)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-24-2010, 3:54 PM Reply   
I just recently purchased a brand new WS-XS10FA that will not fit in my new boat. I am willing to sell this for $130 plus shippingbif your interested. It's the dual 4ohm version and will run in 2ohm getting the most out of any amp. Your 170 Watts is plenty for this sub.
Old     (cal2vin)      Join Date: Jun 2010       06-14-2010, 9:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by heath View Post
I just recently purchased a brand new WS-XS10FA that will not fit in my new boat. I am willing to sell this for $130 plus shippingbif your interested. It's the dual 4ohm version and will run in 2ohm getting the most out of any amp. Your 170 Watts is plenty for this sub.
Do you still have that wetsounds xs 10 fa for sale? is it literally brand new and fully functional?

Thanks
Calvin
Old    mojo            06-15-2010, 12:23 AM Reply   
wet sounds product is awesome. i've had the 10 and it was great. have their 12 now along with a syn 6, and 3some tower setup and 420. all are great. jl stuff is really nice too. try to support a marine audio company if you can. whatever you do make sure you match your amps rms power to the sub's power and the box needs to fit correctly or if it's free air just tune it right.