Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-17-2015, 9:09 PM Reply   
How much play/slop should there be in a 2007 Moomba LSV. The wheel turns freely, But sometimes while pulling it just feels like it gets a couple inches of play then catches again?
I was looking at the clamp block today and there is what seems to be a lot of slop in the ball joint piece. I assume they can wear out correct.

Thanks in advance
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-19-2015, 7:40 AM Reply   
I dont think its a normal wear part, normally not replaced when doing steering cable. and there shouldn't be any slop, if I'm accurately picturing what you describe. redid cable on last boat and IIRC the clamp hold the cable so that the cable and rudder have a good working angle through the full stroke of the cable. shouldn't move around at all.

take it apart. if it needs to be replaced it will be obvious. Do your cable while your in there
Old     (jws2)      Join Date: Apr 2015       05-19-2015, 8:09 AM Reply   
If it is a tilt helm I have seen the plastic balls inside the tile brake causing slop
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-19-2015, 1:37 PM Reply   
That is the part I am talking about, I just ordered a new one. And it is a tilt wheel also. There seems to be 1/2 an inch or more slop.
I wonder if it being heavily weighted down on a private lake for awhile could cause excessive wear on that part? I was feeling around inside the coupler and ended up getting metal splinters in my finger. So that is a good enough reason for me to order a new one. Hope it fixes the problem....If not I will check around the tilt mechanism.

Thanks folks...
Old     (jws2)      Join Date: Apr 2015       05-19-2015, 2:03 PM Reply   
The one I saw was a morse helm, and the boat other then factory ballast was never weighted heavy. I think it was from hitting the stops
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-20-2015, 12:46 PM Reply   
shouldn't be any more pressure on the rudder and control linkage than a boat thats never been weighted
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-25-2015, 5:18 PM Reply   
Put the new clamp block in yesterday and took her out today.....all good.