Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (splashbenidorm)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2014, 8:07 AM Reply   
Hi guys,

anyone using the Orange Byerly boots out there?
I just got a pair and they are friking killing me. There is a pressure point just under the upper laces that won't let me tighten the boot. Does it only happen to me?

I initially ordered the AJ boots, will they do better? Should I send the Byerly's back?

Thanks for any input!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-12-2014, 8:30 AM Reply   
This why you buy local where you can try before your buy. Everyone's feet are different.
Old     (splashbenidorm)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2014, 8:39 AM Reply   
I agree, but sometimes there is no "local" , and at this time of the season, not even national... :-(
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-12-2014, 11:05 AM Reply   
Functionality aside.....Your setup looks so sick. Do you use that kiteboard on the cable?
Old     (splashbenidorm)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-12-2014, 11:40 AM Reply   
kite and cable, thanks.

they got to go, though. hurts too much.
Old     (wakedork)      Join Date: May 2009       08-13-2014, 10:23 AM Reply   
I ride these and have no issues. Been riding them all year, since May. Is it the boot or the binding causing the pressure point?
Old     (splashbenidorm)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-13-2014, 4:16 PM Reply   
it's the boots, just under the black lace things on the top of the boot. Do you tighten them strong?
Old     (chrislandy)      Join Date: Mar 2014       08-14-2014, 4:13 AM Reply   
I had the same thing but luckly in the shop I tried the Process boot and within minutes both feet were killing me once tightened up (not even that tight either), then I tried the Webb's but they felt a little loose on my foot. I took the plunge with the AJ's and they fit perfectly, (so far) no pressure points and are really comfortable.

It may help to take them down to your local snow ski shop or whichever shop has a snowboard boot heat former thingy and get them fitted properly
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-14-2014, 6:23 AM Reply   
When you can Arek please post a review of that Tona Flow. Myself and I'm sure a few others here have been waiting to hear all about Andre's new creation.
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-14-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
hey man, bummer to hear your systems aren't fitting great. you can try heat molding them with a hairdryer too, just point it down inside the boot on HIGH for 2 minutes then remove the dryer, put them on and tighten them lightly and let them cool for 3 mins, boom youre done. if you crank them down super tight you can "pack out" the material inside the boot, so just lightly snugging them up works best for me. This should alleviate any pressure points you may have.

give this a shot before you swap them out, unless you can swap yours out for AJ's pretty easily, then its up to you. But i would mold any system boot like this no matter which one, it works excellently. hope you are able to find more comfort, I know i wouldnt trade my systems for anything else!
Old     (splashbenidorm)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-14-2014, 10:54 AM Reply   
I have actually ordered Aj's but for some reason received the Byerly's. I have already asked them to be exchanged, so I won't heatmold them nor even get them wet. I tried them on with some thin plastic bags and just realized they are not for me.
In regards to heatmolding, thanks for the hint, I will definetely do it, although I never did it on any of my Ones, and after a couple of sets they suited perfectly.

Vinny I am preparing a full review for windrats.com and Tona Spain, so if you follow them on fb, you'll find out soon. I can only advance that the board rides smooth and lively, specially finless. It's slightly slower than the Pop. The 1M dollar question is how much? Well, I'd say you will get upwind easily since when your are powered enough to unhook the first raleys.

Thanks fellas!
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-15-2014, 10:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
This why you buy local where you can try before your buy. Everyone's feet are different.

100% agree.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-15-2014, 1:59 PM Reply   
Nice setup! I have a Tona Pop and just received my new Flow. No wind here yet, so gonna hit the cable this week.