Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (ehcanadian)      Join Date: Apr 2014       08-01-2014, 8:27 PM Reply   
Hows it going everyone?

I know you've all seen these threads over and over again but I want to get some opinions here.

Quick info Ive been riding now for 5 years. Only serious for the last 2. Progressed really quickly being I was able to ride 5 days a week behind my boat. Had all my 180s, front rolls, tantrum, back roll etc. and started scarecrows towards the end. A week before my first ever comp, I took a hard fall on a back roll to blind attempt which ultimately ended up rupturing my achilles... Broke the board and binding in the process. Im now a full year post injury and repair and feeling a lot better. I re-taught myself how to ride, heelsides I'm back and toeside Im almost back, switch riding better then it was before. Other then that just a few grabs but nothing like I was before.

My sets are limited until next year because I no longer have a boat as of the beginning of the year (engine called it quits) Only been able to ride twice a month with some friends. Next year the shop I work at allowed me to take the promo boat out when I please just gotta fill up gas.

With frustration and a bit of anger setting in, do you think it'll be better to take a break and call it a season? Until I can see more consistent time behind a boat next year and get my confidence back being I can ride daily.
Or just go out there the rest of this season a grow a pair and go for it? Just sucks being that kid on the boat that they have to keep stopping for.

Just seeking some tips because I know someone out there had to be in my situation! Thanks for hearing me out all!
Old     (g-mantrix)      Join Date: Jan 2014       08-02-2014, 2:05 AM Reply   
Just get out and enjoy regardless. Earlier this year i took an injury to the back and laid me up for the rest of our season. All i wanted to do was ride out the rest of our season and couldn't, so just ride i say
Old     (ehcanadian)      Join Date: Apr 2014       08-08-2014, 8:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-mantrix View Post
Just get out and enjoy regardless. Earlier this year i took an injury to the back and laid me up for the rest of our season. All i wanted to do was ride out the rest of our season and couldn't, so just ride i say
Did that for a while and kinda got tired of it. Luckily this week I decided to use the f*** it method and started throwing my bankrolls again, land them? Nope... full rotation just board sliding out, slowly getting back to where i was