Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                08-22-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
hey everyone...
i can do a surface 180 now and want to learn a surface 360.
i took off the wakeboard fins because than its a lot easier to make a surface.
but when i try to make a 360,i fall forward or backwards if i´m at 270 degrees(3/4 of the turn)(when the board is horizontal)
does anyone know what i must do now to make a surface 360? is there some other way i should do it?
Old                08-22-2006, 2:16 PM Reply   
I just learned surface 360's today. I had the same problem. My wife noticed I was looking down each time I fell. I started looking at the horizon the whole way around and nailed 10 in a row! Just goes to show... You Go Where You Look! ;o) One more newbie tip... practice handle passes on dry land.
Hope that helps.
Joe
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-22-2006, 3:00 PM Reply   
Slow the boat down to 16-17mph and bend your knees.
Old     (janzy)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-31-2006, 9:41 PM Reply   
Like Eubanks said, slowing the boat down and lowering your center of gravity will help lots. Personally, I find surface 360s to be easier to spin backside. The handle pass is the hard part, but if you start from the cuffed position, you can actually spin the whole 360 without having to worry much about passing it.

Start from the cuffed position(looking backwards, two hand on the handle, handle behind your back, as if you were making a handle pass). From there, once you start spining the first 180, the rest will be easy.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-01-2006, 7:53 AM Reply   
slowing the boat down is what helped me, you can also try it after you pop out of the water.
Old                09-12-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
i tired some the other day and i agree with janzy because when your backwards and you put two hands on the rope and then let go of one it spins you right around and slowing the boat is the way to go
Old     (vegaskistaff)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-18-2006, 11:35 AM Reply   
Think about what edge is facing the boat. Just like on your front side surface 180s, you know when you are in side slide position facing the boat you need to have your toes up or you will catch an edge and faceplant. When you are passing the handle and your heelside edge is facing the boat you should have your heels up and toes down so you don't backplant into the water. The handle is even more important, It should be in as close to your hip as you can get it, let go with the hand that you plan to spin towards, while you flip the hand that has the handle upsidedown, so the top of you hand is touching your back. When the handle is there it will be very easy to grab the other end of the handle and it will complete your rotation. Like said in a post before, the cuffed posistion is key, that is the part where you flip the handle upside down and the TOP of your hand is at the small of you back.
Old     (Wakefreak)      Join Date: May 2013       07-01-2013, 4:01 PM Reply   
Ok here is wat u do. A surface 360 is basically just the combination of two 180's. You spin to ur opposite side like a normal 180 and make sure to lean back on ur heels. Continue ur momentum into a second 180 with a handle pass but on the second 180 be sure to lean towards the front side of the board so the back doesn't catch on the water
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-04-2013, 1:37 PM Reply   
Like said above. Try doing them for a cuffed position. It is easy just drop the one hand and hold on for the ride. I started doing them about 4 weeks ago. Last week I threw a surface 10. I was dizzy by the time it was over. I am riding a slingshot with the fins in.,