Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-06-2016, 3:15 PM Reply   
So - did you buy the annual "Poppy Pass" this year assuming a normal season which means wakeboarding through september on Folsom lake??

I did...and with the looming threat of the lake closing by mid August I'm feeling a bit robbed.

So my question is what do we do? Take it and smile? Or get a bunch of locals that support this lake and march on the nearest Ranger Station?

I'd rather not get into the fact that I see highway signs telling me about conserving water in our horrific drought and all the while they are emptying what could have been a completely full (and quite large) lake.

This is probably my last Poppy pass. The last one I purchased right after the park rangers claimed they had no money and nearly doubled the price of the pass only to have it exposed that they were hiding the fact that they actually had hidden assets of over 50 million dollars
http://www.sacbee.com/news/investiga...le2575188.html

I'm sure anyone not from this area can easily say "suck it up/ deal with it"...but if you are from this area I'm interested in how you look at this. I realize the pass is for multiple california parks but living in Folsom guess which one I specifically want to go to? One of the reasons I moved here was the lake - but I had no idea how horribly it is managed.

FWIW - it's not the money, but more the piss poor management. If I was asking to purchase the pass and they said "We have an August 15 mandatory 5mph date this year" and then I could either choose to get it or not...that would be an entirely different story.