Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Minnesotasurfer)      Join Date: Feb 2015       08-13-2015, 1:03 PM Reply   
Tomorrow is the day that the real game changer comes out. The Centurion RI. Any thoughts?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-13-2015, 1:26 PM Reply   
1 thought... Game changer ='s FAIL
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-13-2015, 1:27 PM Reply   
first I've heard of it
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-13-2015, 1:32 PM Reply   
If the game keeps changing like this, won't it become a new game soon?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-13-2015, 1:39 PM Reply   
#changethegame
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       08-13-2015, 1:40 PM Reply   
Could we not
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       08-13-2015, 1:58 PM Reply   
Judging by what they've posted on instagram, it looks pretty meh. But they do love their hashtags now. I swear every word on their posts is a hashtag of some sort.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-13-2015, 2:20 PM Reply   
#SayNoToHashtags
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-13-2015, 2:23 PM Reply   
Show me a boat that can put out a clean wave on each side at the same time......then that will change the game......

until then not impressed with the GAMECHANGER mentality
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       08-13-2015, 2:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
#SayNoToHashtags

They need an intervention.
Attached Images

Old     (Minnesotasurfer)      Join Date: Feb 2015       08-13-2015, 2:55 PM Reply   
Exactly! Surfing off the back foot so far back. What are they thinking!
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-13-2015, 5:04 PM Reply   
I thought it was the best looking centurion I've seen to date in person.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-13-2015, 10:03 PM Reply   
**** the wave looks pretty special to be honest
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-13-2015, 10:28 PM Reply   
Holy #HashTags batman!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-14-2015, 12:21 AM Reply   
Ok I am not one for hashtags nor do I own a social media account besides the forums. I surf maybe 10% of my water time.
With that said that is one of the first pics I have been like Holy $:@;& in w long time
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-14-2015, 1:39 AM Reply   
Wave looks good for sure but lots of boats have good waves. Gamechanger because they're finally catching up to other manufacturers?
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-14-2015, 5:21 AM Reply   
As for me game changer will be:
1 no ballast - device operated wake surf boat (or so fast as boat can start - stop do)
2 propulsion
3 electric or hybrid power plant (diesel is wrong way, even Europe understood now)
4 new hull material or technology of build
5 price (oil go down but new boats grab 200K(!) price tag soon)
all others - bla - bla - bla
Old     (imscarlet)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-14-2015, 12:42 PM Reply   
Alex you are talking about an EPIC 232SE from 2011 that covers points 2,3 & 4 as its a pure electric boat, uses a pod where the sterndrive is usually located and is made out of their resin infused glass technology that was introduced in 2007

EPIC 23H from 2008 re points 3 & 4, this was a diesel/electric hybrid boat
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-14-2015, 1:27 PM Reply   
Ian, diesel has no future even on usual cars but all others you are right. And you can see how hard turn opinion of customers to this side even for Epic that's why all top brands slide very slow to any innovation side. And really so easy to do some new bells and whistles and say - GAMECHANGER!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2015, 1:29 PM Reply   
When Epic came out with there electric boat is was 100k and back then we where all like no way would I pay 100k for a wakeboat. Now most of the them are close to 100K or a lot more for a new boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-14-2015, 1:30 PM Reply   
Diesel is a really bad option due to lack of availability at lakefront gas stations. Maybe on the coast where diesel is common in offshore boats, but not inland.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-14-2015, 2:16 PM Reply   
I must have missed the huge reveal they hyped up so much............
Old     (imscarlet)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-14-2015, 2:22 PM Reply   
Your right diesel does have some disadvantages for boats in the states but in the rest of the world it makes a lot of sense in marine applications, people also said that 2 stroke outboards had no future because of the emission standards but Mercury have managed to develop one that meets them and the same applies to diesel engines in the global sense. In fact if diesel is a dead duck here is a pretty recent press release from Peugeot in France that is pretty impressive...
http://www.peugeot.com/en/news/2-0-l...umption-record
Old     (imscarlet)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-14-2015, 2:32 PM Reply   
BTW was only orginally pointing out that EPIC has already made some boats that fitted the "Gamechanger" critereia that Alex had posted, the 23h is no longer in production but had enough success in europe to encourage EPIC to develop the 232SE.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-14-2015, 3:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07launch22ssv View Post
I must have missed the huge reveal they hyped up so much............
Here you go, but don't watch the video unless you are somewhere safe for your mind to be blown.

http://www.alliancewake.com/goods-2016-centurion-ri237/
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       08-14-2015, 4:54 PM Reply   
That was supposed to be mind blowing?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-14-2015, 10:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Here you go, but don't watch the video unless you are somewhere safe for your mind to be blown
"Game Changer" what a ****ing joke! Don't want to be rude by far from mind blowing...
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-15-2015, 5:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
That was supposed to be mind blowing?
That's a nice boat, but the only thing that blew my mind was at 40 seconds in. They had a surf board on the back, fins down! It's mind blowing how stupid people are. Maybe that's the game changer. Fin proof seats!!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-15-2015, 9:58 AM Reply   
Absolutely love that blueish/ grayish gelcoat. SSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCKKKKK!

The dash upgrade has finally arrived and the grille in the front I thinks flows pretty nicely. WELL DONE.

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-15-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old     (drballenbc)      Join Date: Jun 2014       08-15-2015, 10:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesell View Post
That's a nice boat, but the only thing that blew my mind was at 40 seconds in. They had a surf board on the back, fins down! It's mind blowing how stupid people are. Maybe that's the game changer. Fin proof seats!!
Also noticed at 2:25 the girl has shoes on and has feet up on the vinyl. It is a nice wave but my mind remains intact.
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-15-2015, 2:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexair View Post
Ian, diesel has no future even on usual cars but all others you are right. And you can see how hard turn opinion of customers to this side even for Epic that's why all top brands slide very slow to any innovation side. And really so easy to do some new bells and whistles and say - GAMECHANGER!
Bit off topic but diesel cars are awesome. My wife has a turbo diesel mazda 6 wagon. Gets 6L per 100 km or 39 mpg, can do 120mph and inside the car you cannot even hear the diesel motor. It goes so much harder than the petrol equivalent, especially when overtaking on the highway.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-15-2015, 5:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by drballenbc View Post
Also noticed at 2:25 the girl has shoes on and has feet up on the vinyl. It is a nice wave but my mind remains intact.
I couldn't get that far. My mind was blown a t 40 seconds.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-16-2015, 5:23 PM Reply   
Centurion historically has one of the best surf waves available. It should be interesting to see how this boat improves on that legacy. I personally think it's better looking than the FS Enzo series. I'm not a huge fan of weighting the boat evenly because of the increase in fuel costs. Hopefully this boat keeps the option to list.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-16-2015, 8:06 PM Reply   
I finally got around to watching the video. While the boat looks decent, some nice upgrades like the dash, "Mind Blowing" and "Game Changer" do not come to mind. At all.

I thought the video itself was pretty sub par. Sub par riding for a boat release video and overall the whole feel of that was pretty amateur.
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-17-2015, 6:30 AM Reply   
Sweet another 100k plus boat no one can afford.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-17-2015, 7:06 AM Reply   
Well damn.....this thing has Centurion Articulating Tracking System, Relentless innovation, dominant performance, ambitious design, inspired craftsmanship, Asymmetric Wing, RAMFILL Ballast, QuickSurf Pro, stylized transom, Side by Side High Definition (SxS HD) Touch Vision technology, GORE® TENARA® Thread AND.........wait for it......artistically applied gel coat!!

Holy **** I must have one.

Who writes this ****??
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-17-2015, 7:43 AM Reply   
If the game they are changing is that a boat should be aesthetically pleasing, they win! Their boats continue to get uglier and uglier every year! Who designs their dashboards? The wave and functionality looks awesome, I will give them that but the looks just don't do it for me!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-17-2015, 7:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Well damn.....this thing has Centurion Articulating Tracking System, Relentless innovation, dominant performance, ambitious design, inspired craftsmanship, Asymmetric Wing, RAMFILL Ballast, QuickSurf Pro, stylized transom, Side by Side High Definition (SxS HD) Touch Vision technology, GORE® TENARA® Thread AND.........wait for it......artistically applied gel coat!!

Who writes this ****??
I think Todd Gaughan does...
Old     (MarkMason)      Join Date: Feb 2014       08-17-2015, 10:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
That's hilarious. The launch has seemed very amateur / Busch league to me. Who launches at 5pm on a Friday? Why is nothing updated on their website..still has the 2015 line up, and no Ri2342643241. Also, who ever does their #'ing...needs to jump off a cliff. #timetoreevaluateyourmarketingstrategy
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-17-2015, 11:12 AM Reply   
The marketing for Fineline was disappointing. Apparently that's nothing new. On the 5pm comment, the are a west coast company so it was 1pm pacific. 4pm eastern

On the labeling. 237 is pretty specific and not hard to understand. I prefer it to craz, b52, x15/30/72 etc. not flashy but descriptive. Now the ri part.. Yeah whatever lol. Gorgeous boat, too expensive for us to consider this decade

Last edited by King12; 08-17-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-17-2015, 11:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by King12 View Post
The marketing for Fineline was disappointing. Apparently that's nothing new. On the 5pm comment, the are a west coast company so it was 1pm pacific. 4pm eastern

On the labeling. 237 is pretty specific and not hard to understand. I prefer it to craz, b52, x15/30/72 etc. not flashy but descriptive. Now the ri part.. Yeah whatever lol. Gorgeous boat, too expensive for us to consider this decade
The marketing sounds about right. After all they are now partners/owned by Correct craft. The debut of the redesigned G was a joke. So I would not expect any less... #GAMECHANGER

I too could never get the naming of their boats. Its makes no since. Every boat is called ENZO. They are just terrible looking boat IMO and no where near worth what a MC/CC/Malibu/Supra coat. But hey that just me....

Last edited by davez71; 08-17-2015 at 11:26 AM. Reason: error
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-17-2015, 12:47 PM Reply   
Yea to each their own i guess. I think the fs series is one of the most attractive designs on the water and this Ri is even more attractive. But then again I think supras traditional noses are ugly as sin :P
Old     (Minnesotasurfer)      Join Date: Feb 2015       08-17-2015, 1:31 PM Reply   
Looks of boats=Posers

Performance of boats=Players

Centurion has always had the best wake surf wave and still does.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-17-2015, 1:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesotasurfer View Post
Looks of boats=Posers

Performance of boats=Players

Centurion has always had the best wake surf wave and still does.
Show me a trick that has only been done behind a Centurion and can't be done behind another brand. Until then, the waves are all fairly similar and my money will go to a boat that performs well AND looks nice.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-17-2015, 3:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Show me a trick that has only been done behind a Centurion and can't be done behind another brand. Until then, the waves are all fairly similar and my money will go to a boat that performs well AND looks nice.
That's not even close to being true.

I hit Lake Powell in groups that can have up to ten or more boats. Most of the major manufacturers are represented. Surfing is by far the most popular activity. The owners all ride each others boats just for kicks. The boats that the attendees line up to ride are the Enzo and the G23. I'm not saying that the others suck or aren't fun to ride but what I am saying is that those two boats have waves that set them apart. That Centurion puts out an amazing wave shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. They've been at the surf game for a long time. The G23 just seems to be money on everything.

What the new crop of boats with perfected surf systems mean to this I do not know but I'll bet I get to check several of them out next summer. Frankly I love seeing all the innovation that's taking place.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-17-2015, 4:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
The marketing sounds about right. After all they are now partners/owned by Correct craft. The debut of the redesigned G was a joke. So I would not expect any less... #GAMECHANGER

I too could never get the naming of their boats. Its makes no since. Every boat is called ENZO. They are just terrible looking boat IMO and no where near worth what a MC/CC/Malibu/Supra coat. But hey that just me....
The MC guy throwing out terrible marketing on boat releases. Hahahahaha. That's funny stuff right there. No doubt the G # was a fail.
Also showing your true colors of what you know about Centurion. Enzo refers to the front end design and that's where they got the line from. It comes from the Ferrari Enzo. Not too long ago Centurion used to have separate lines. An Enzo line and another. The Enzo's had their idea of a wider bow. The Enzo's sold like hot cakes and were a homerun in design so they slowly added more choices to the line. You know kind of similar to an X2/X15/X20/X25/x30. Why do those boats all have the same moniker when their bows are different? Odd number have pickles even have traditional in the newer boats, but wait the x5 and X15 were traditional? Gee wait now I am confused . All their boats begin with an X huh that's weird??????

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-17-2015 at 4:17 PM.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-17-2015, 7:35 PM Reply   
Looked pretty darn nice to me. Nothing really have changing for sure but I pretty much looked to the look of everything on it including the wave.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-18-2015, 12:38 PM Reply   
Hey Swat, who pissed in your cheerios this morning?
Old     (chriscno)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-18-2015, 1:39 PM Reply   
It must not be a huge game changer ..... if you go to Centurions website they don't even have it in the boat line up. #fail
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-18-2015, 1:46 PM Reply   
Quote:

Who writes this ****??
someone who's probably never been in a boat
Old     (W8KSRF)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-18-2015, 3:39 PM Reply   
Quote:

Who writes this ****??
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
someone who's probably never been in a boat
No, Todd Gaughan does not write this.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-19-2015, 7:11 AM Reply   
Sorry Todd, I thought you were the PR and Marketing guy!
Old     (spikeTX42)      Join Date: Dec 2014       08-19-2015, 10:08 AM Reply   
Boat's name sounds like a WiFi password. LOL
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-19-2015, 6:56 PM Reply   
Ok, that's the most useless post I have seen^^^... You make no sense, most boats have letters followed by numbers... Keep your drunk or stoned thoughts to yourself maybe? Sorry but come on...
Old     (spikeTX42)      Join Date: Dec 2014       08-20-2015, 6:04 AM Reply   
Sorry you fan boys get butt hurt so easily. Let me tell you what I really don't like about it:

The tower looks like a standard Roswell that these guys took and added a piece plastic to the side in order to try and make it look solid. Its like going to O-Reilly's and getting some cheap covers for your foot pedals.

The sliding rear seat - that is so ghetto.

The rear lockers are a joke. Whatever you put on the ledge next to the engine compartment is going to end up at the bottom of the locker. In fact the hole transom area is like some kind of $hit you would expect to find at Ikea.

Whatever the weird ass plateau-shaped compartment is that you have to cross as you go to the bow has to be the most annoying apparatus ever put in a boat. You step over it into a hole when the bow filler cushion is not installed.

Two screens - neither of them look to be touch screens. Wow, 2010 called and they want their technology back.

Oh yeah, and the wake looks like $hit - when you have to damn near skim the water with a camera to make the wake appear ridable then you should think twice about your hull design.

Bottom line is there is not much originality in this boat, and what is original is cheaply done and looks ghetto. I bet the 4 people in the world who actually buy this boat will be disappointed.

H
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-20-2015, 6:27 AM Reply   
Not butt hurt, you obvoiously have no clue after your second post... Good day...
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-20-2015, 8:01 AM Reply   
HAHAHA, that was a ridiculous post.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-20-2015, 9:23 AM Reply   
I mean you can not like a boat but damn hahaha
Come up with a point better than they aren't touch screens... When they are
Atleast all the points from people about the marketing and ridiculous hashtags were on point! That's annoying as hell
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-20-2015, 6:48 PM Reply   
rumor has it, all the materials are directly from CC. sharing all the same processes. we will see
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       08-21-2015, 7:36 AM Reply   
Nice boat...nice wave... no game changed.

Most all boats can be setup to make a nice wave...and especially any new boat.
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-21-2015, 2:19 PM Reply   
Sorry, that boat is ugly from the water line to the top of the tower. lol paint job to interior.

maybe the hull looks good down by the tines?

FUGLY