Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (csaidler)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-22-2010, 4:39 PM Reply   
Looking for experiences with the wake and setup. Needs perfect pass and some other things. Only has the stock built in ballast. Anybody with experience? Searched some old posts and the info was scattered and alot of "well I heard". Looking for some real world experience. Thanks
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       10-22-2010, 5:44 PM Reply   
I have an 01 pro air with stock ballast. I run it with about 2500 lbs and I get a pretty good wakeboard wake. Its not huge, but really well shaped. After alot of experimenting I found out its better to slow the speed down a little and shorten the rope for the best results. (I now ride at 22.5 75 instead of 80-83@24) due to the hull shape. Overall I am very satisfied with my pro air.
Old     (csaidler)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-22-2010, 6:27 PM Reply   
Where do you put all the weight?
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       10-23-2010, 9:38 AM Reply   
I run 550 in the bow, 350 in the locker, 2 440s along the engine, another 450 in the back locker, and then the 400lbs standard in the back. Along with 2-3 people in the boat. If I have 5+ people in the boat i just put a sack in the ski locker and in the back locker.

To surf I run 350 in the ski locker, 550 on the side of the engine i surf, then the 450 sack in the back with the surf side standard ballast full.(200)
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-23-2010, 8:01 PM Reply   
What do you plan on using the boat for (strictly wakeboarding, wakeskating, surfing, skiing, a mix of them, etc)? Any reason why you're sticking to the Pro Air/D-Drive? Have you looked at any of the Super Sport's from around the same year?
Old     (csaidler)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-23-2010, 9:07 PM Reply   
Pretty much strictly wakeboarding. I've looked at a bunch of different boats. Mainly thinking about this one because of the 12000$ price tag
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-25-2010, 10:31 AM Reply   
I've got a '99 Pro Air with a Python engine, and I've been quite happy with the wake. I run about 1600 pounds of ballast, I removed the stock hard tanks and have about 1000 pounds in the rear trunk, and another 600 in the ski locker. The wake has a very nice shape and solid. With it loaded and 2-3 people, will use about 5.5 gph.
Only downside is DD layout. It's a very versatile boat, we can surf without extra bags on the floor, and can slalom ok, just need to go 34+.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-25-2010, 12:02 PM Reply   
If you decide not to buy it can you post a link to the boat for 12K?
Old     (csaidler)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-26-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
http://www.swrvandmarine.com/viewite...ame=watercraft

Theres the link to the boat now. The guy posted it on craigslist first and when I called him to talk to him about it he told me he had signed it to these guys on consignment. when I talked to him he said his bottom line was 12, but when I went to check the boat out the consignment guy was just acting to shady. tried to tell me it would cost me 250-300 to lake test it and they wanted to make sure I used "their guy" to do the buyers check. I'm in no hurry so I'll wait. I have no desire to work with shady guys. oh yeah and its posted at 13500 cuz they told me their min com. was 1500 but when you read they're site it says 150-500, and when I asked him about it he did a little dance and never gave me a straight answer. Anyways like I said I'm not in a hurry, I'll wait to deal with someone I feel is reputable. I did look at the boat though so if you have Q's feel free to ask.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-26-2010, 8:26 AM Reply   
Cost to lake test? lol. I checked out the pics. Looks like it has some fiberglass damage(front passenger side has a whole, and the hull looks roughed up). Rebuilt motor? No thanks.....
Old     (csaidler)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-26-2010, 9:03 AM Reply   
Yeah cost to lake test, first time I've heard that. I posted this before I went to look at it just to get some idea about the boat before I talked to the salesguy. Def has hull damage front pass side on the top and down below like some kid ran it up on shore repeatedly. Only reason I was considering is that 12000 is pretty low. I was hoping that it might be one of those "barn finds". Apparently the boats been pretty much everywhere except the barn. So on to the next one.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-26-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
That boat looks pretty beat on. One thing that would scare me big time is that it has a carb engine. I didn't think that was even an option in 99 for Nautique. Did the GT40 go bad and they just replaced it with a carb 351 or 350? The Vinyl isn't horrible but it isn't perfect either. The boat looks dirty, it is only on a single axle trailer(maybe not a big deal), it has been run a ground or beached a lot with that fiberglass damage and the rubrail looks pretty rough like it has banged up against a few docks in it's day. Looks like it could be a nightmare boat.